All who watch this Super Bowl will destroy what football should be

nathanlt

Reaction score
I know the title is provocative, but I'm not leading with that to annoy others, just for the fun of it.

I'm serious when I say that Goodell needs to hear the message loud and clear, the debacle that the NFL has become will not be tolerated. Officials who watch NFL receivers get blasted, helmet to helmet, before the ball arrives, and then do nothing about it, have revealed a great deal.

They've revealed they are acting maliciously toward a team in the playoffs.
They have been given instructions to prohibit one team from winning.
Incompetence will no longer cloak these truths.

Knowing that, (there is no dispute or controversy) will you actually promote the destruction of the NFL by watching?

I know that Super Bowl parties are a tradition, and they are a great opportunity for socializing, but the time to act is now. Football will be unwatchable if the public ignores the game fixing that went on. I've been invited to a Super Bowl party already, but I've turned it down. I know its not an easy thing to do.

Will you seriously consider making other plans? Fishing, a get together with friends, doing anything else?

The NFL must get this message. WHAT FOOTBALL HAS BECOME IS UNACCEPTABLE!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
exactly, when I get to boycotting then I will stop watching all together. I don't watch the game except for my own pleasure and when it is no longer pleasing then why bother with it. I'm a football fan and while the call in the saints game was bad it is not the only bad call that has happened in the NFL. You can sit and cry about it or move on. I choose to move on

jsb357

Reaction score
:thumbup:

wahmbulance.jpg

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I know the title is provocative, but I'm not leading with that to annoy others, just for the fun of it.

I'm serious when I say that Goodell needs to hear the message loud and clear, the debacle that the NFL has become will not be tolerated. Officials who watch NFL receivers get blasted, helmet to helmet, before the ball arrives, and then do nothing about it, have revealed a great deal.

They've revealed they are acting maliciously toward a team in the playoffs.
They have been given instructions to prohibit one team from winning.
Incompetence will no longer cloak these truths.

Knowing that, (there is no dispute or controversy) will you actually promote the destruction of the NFL by watching?

I know that Super Bowl parties are a tradition, and they are a great opportunity for socializing, but the time to act is now. Football will be unwatchable if the public ignores the game fixing that went on. I've been invited to a Super Bowl party already, but I've turned it down. I know its not an easy thing to do.

Will you seriously consider making other plans? Fishing, a get together with friends, doing anything else?

The NFL must get this message. WHAT FOOTBALL HAS BECOME IS UNACCEPTABLE!!
I’ll watch. It will probably be one of the most watched SB’s in history. Hate will consume you. Looks like it has.

nathanlt

Reaction score
I’ll watch. It will probably be one of the most watched SB’s in history. Hate will consume you. Looks like it has.

Great, go watch the predetermined outcome... If you pay a ref for inside information, you can make money. What a debacle.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Ridiculous to blame Goodell for the state of the NFL. Blame the owners and not the hired help.

Exactly, Goodell was hired and works for the owners, so I find it nauseating that people continue to blame Goodell when he's the figurehead and point man for the Owners

Prime21

Reaction score
Fans complained about too many penalties. Refs get told not to throw flags. Refs go overboard in the other direction. Fans complain.

I would much rather suffer through egregious no calls than egregious calls. Refs should always be more inclined to let the players dictate the outcome of the game rather than insert themselves into the game.

Its 2019, peak outrage culture, and everyone is a critic. You cannot let outrage mobs dictate everything. The NFL should do nothing. No rule changes. No replay changes. No opening up challenges to PI and adding challenges. Whatever the "solution" I will guarantee fan complaints about it.

If we get to a point where all of human error is unacceptable in officiating then the game will be unwatchable due to constant reviews and stoppages.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Great, go watch the predetermined outcome... If you pay a ref for inside information, you can make money. What a debacle.
So who will win and what will the score be? It’s predetermined right?