All who watch this Super Bowl will destroy what football should be

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
actually i like Terrell Owens view on how to handle this bad no call....play the last 1:30 over..after instituting the appropriate call for that no call....yes this is very extreme but it is in the rules that commissioner can do this??

There was an article on BSPN a week ago explaining this.

"However, Article 2 states, "The Commissioner will not apply authority in cases of complaints by clubs concerning judgmental errors or routine errors of omission by game officials. Games involving such complaints will continue to stand as completed."

The ref's simply blew it and admitted it.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I’m a Tom Brady fan so imma hope he gets #6

Patriots are what Cowboys could have been if JJ stayed on, instead we slipped into mediocrity and the endless chase for another ring.

I respect that we are watching history being made, and like you want Tom to get #6 so he distances himself from Bradshaw, Montana who both have 4.....

Fire407

Reaction score
I hope the Rams win. I want Jerry to see that coaching matters. It doesn't have to be a 20 year process.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nothing needs to change People have never made such a big deal about a non-call since instant replay has been used to correct calls even though there have been a lot of missed calls. In other words ONE TIME IN 32 YEARS and now people are calling for more penalties. Whether any non-call becomes reviewable or you add extra officials, you are just inviting more penalties to be called. We could go without changes and not have another such egregious call for another 30 years at this rate.
Also, if a QB gets to the line quickly and runs a play after a questionable catch then the questionable catch can't be reviewed because another play has now counted in the game. So when Payton agreed to continue the game after the non-call, he knew was throwing away any chance of getting it reversed. Also, NO had a three point lead after the play with under two minutes left and they blew it.
Because this one was by far the worst. And it wasn't a missed call, it was an ignored call. Guy saw it and CHOSE not to call it. Completely different than missing the call.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't buy the conspiracy theory crap....i do buy the crappy officials missed a call though.
Yeah, no way they were force-fitting LA into SB. They did miss several calls though

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's not longer entertainment when you know the NFL has influenced the game to benefit the new stadium in LA. It's business. I don't applaud business moves.

Just whiny I-love-Sean-Payton BS. The Chargers will play in the same stadium. If the NFL really wanted to "benefit the new stadium", it'd be an all-LA Super Bowl.

God knows no one outside of New England wants to see the Patriots, again.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I never watch the Super Bowl when we are not in it. So this will be the first one for me in a long time, but I want to hear/see Romo call it. I'm glad he's doing as well as he is in the booth, and am still a supporter.

plymkr

Reaction score
I know the title is provocative, but I'm not leading with that to annoy others, just for the fun of it.

I'm serious when I say that Goodell needs to hear the message loud and clear, the debacle that the NFL has become will not be tolerated. Officials who watch NFL receivers get blasted, helmet to helmet, before the ball arrives, and then do nothing about it, have revealed a great deal.

They've revealed they are acting maliciously toward a team in the playoffs.
They have been given instructions to prohibit one team from winning.
Incompetence will no longer cloak these truths.

Knowing that, (there is no dispute or controversy) will you actually promote the destruction of the NFL by watching?

I know that Super Bowl parties are a tradition, and they are a great opportunity for socializing, but the time to act is now. Football will be unwatchable if the public ignores the game fixing that went on. I've been invited to a Super Bowl party already, but I've turned it down. I know its not an easy thing to do.

Will you seriously consider making other plans? Fishing, a get together with friends, doing anything else?

The NFL must get this message. WHAT FOOTBALL HAS BECOME IS UNACCEPTABLE!!
I'm not watching it. I agree with you. I can't it anymore.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Exactly, Goodell was hired and works for the owners,
so I find it nauseating that people continue to blame Goodell when he's the figurehead and point man for the Owners

It's true that he does the owner's bidding, but since when is a hit man any less guilty than the guy who hired him?
Goodell is just as big a weasel as the owners or they wouldn't have hired him. No matter how you slice it, Goodell is still part of the equation.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Can’t stand Goodell, but HE didn’t blow the call.

And how the heck could he have fixed anything?

It was a no win for him.

No, it was a no win for N.O.
If NO could've challenged the no-call just like they can challenge other plays, NO could've and likely would've went to the Super Bowl, but it's not allowed. It's a shame that a team can be robbed for a dumb rule like that and have no recourse.

If the Cowboys had been robbed of a Super Bowl instead of NO, this board would've went BALLISTIC!
The PI on that play was SOOO obvious it was pathetic.

You're right, Goodell didn't personally blow the call, but he's the commissioner of the organization that wouldn't allow NO to challenge a really pathetic "no-call" that cost them a SB!!
Care to take any bets on whether Goodell tries to change that rule like he should?

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The league (guided) the Rams to the super bowl to help pay for their new stadium, next year they'll be guiding the raiders. Watching this game will not matter. Tune out next years games(not cowboys) and you can send a message.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I go to my friends house every year and watch the game not because of the game but just to see high school friends that I have not seen in a while . Its a social thing .

If we were in the game Im staying home and watching where I have peace and quiet and can concentrate on the game without distractions .

That said the NFL has turned into a joke ,in this day and age with all the technology at your disposal not being able to get calls correct and also keep the game running in a smooth fashion is totally unacceptable .

There is absolutely no excuse with all the high tech equipment they have today and the money they have to invest to see things are officiated properly that mistakes like that in the most critical part of a playoff game happen.

The only reason to not take advantage of the technology available is to have the option to be able to influence the out come or the score in different parts of games to ensure viewers see sponsors commercials and don't tune out early IMO .

The game will be on I don't have a dog in the fight so I will enjoy the social time with my friends as a very casual fan . Only thing I am excited about is hearing Tony call the game IMO he is the best in sports at this time and I am very happy for him

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Replaying the last 1:49 would have created a ton of controversy. Because even though I agree the Saints got hosed, it would be just as unfair to punish the Rams and their fan base for the NFL's idiotic mistake.

My only hope was this would lead to sweeping changes to officiating, but listening to Goodell, it won't.
My solution is simple. Hire an extra official who sits in a booth watching instant replays like we do on TV. The moment a call is missed or is wrong, he can buzz down to the field to stop play and fix it ASAP.

I agree that's one solution. Another is to allow teams to challenge the play just like they can challenge other plays. That would've forced an instant replay, but still keep the same limit on the number of challenges allowed.

RoboQB

Reaction score
If you're going to boycott the Super Bowl, you might as well boycott the sport entirely.
That includes fan message boards. Show us your conviction in your stance... lol.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The Super Bowl has turned into a joke anyways. It makes me sick the way they drag it out for two weeks and then the game itself is a circus. Can you imagine how many people would puke watching Jerry all week in the spotlight.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I know the title is provocative, but I'm not leading with that to annoy others, just for the fun of it.

I'm serious when I say that Goodell needs to hear the message loud and clear, the debacle that the NFL has become will not be tolerated. Officials who watch NFL receivers get blasted, helmet to helmet, before the ball arrives, and then do nothing about it, have revealed a great deal.

They've revealed they are acting maliciously toward a team in the playoffs.
They have been given instructions to prohibit one team from winning.
Incompetence will no longer cloak these truths.

Knowing that, (there is no dispute or controversy) will you actually promote the destruction of the NFL by watching?

I know that Super Bowl parties are a tradition, and they are a great opportunity for socializing, but the time to act is now. Football will be unwatchable if the public ignores the game fixing that went on. I've been invited to a Super Bowl party already, but I've turned it down. I know its not an easy thing to do.

Will you seriously consider making other plans? Fishing, a get together with friends, doing anything else?

The NFL must get this message. WHAT FOOTBALL HAS BECOME IS UNACCEPTABLE!!
You have a point but I don't believe in boycotts. This isn't the way to get the commish's attention to make a positive change. Roger the Clown has vowed to take a serious look at what can be done and Mrs. Benson from the Saints is on this to make sure he follows through. I'm not saying it's okay to go ahead and watch the game. I'm not watching the game either but that's because I hate the Pats and Rams. I agree the wrong team from the NFC is playing. Super Bowls are not the only reason to "socialize". I'm going to socialize with my family during the Super Bowl by taking them out for a meal and a movie.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Patriots are what Cowboys could have been if JJ stayed on, instead we slipped into mediocrity and the endless chase for another ring.

I respect that we are watching history being made, and like you want Tom to get #6 so he distances himself from Bradshaw, Montana who both have 4.....
We were dominant, teams feared us and cussed at our coaches out of anger and envy. Now, they laugh at us, read our minds when it comes to play selection and clap along with our coach when we do something stupid on the field. :(

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The Super Bowl has turned into a joke anyways. It makes me sick the way they drag it out for two weeks and then the game itself is a circus. Can you imagine how many people would puke watching Jerry all week in the spotlight.
They'd puke, but they'd keep on watching. If the Cowboys ever get to play the Patriots with Tom Brady and Belichick, it would be the most watched Super Bowl EVA!
This talk about the league discriminating against the Cowboys is ridiculous. The league would love NOTHING MORE than for the Cowboys to get back into the Super Bowl. We just have to live up to our part. :(