All who watch this Super Bowl will destroy what football should be

shabazz

Reaction score
Good points all way around but the one point that can hardly be disputed is that 7 years ago the NFL was the King of the Mountain. It had crushed every sport including the old national pastime of baseball. But than for some reason it believed it actually had a problem and started initiating rule changes to bolster the offense, Then media and lawyers started their profitable attack on concussions and of course the NFL overreacted with more ridiculous protocols.

And to put the final nail in their coffin they buckled under to the media and radical groups by engaging in political actions meant to appease women’s groups as well as social justice groups because a fraction of their players engaged in detrimental actions. Without going into specifics, ( because forum rules forbid it ) the actions taken against Zeke based on heresay and no due processed is a perfect example of the NFLs agenda and over reach. The blown call in the NOLA game is a drop in the bucket compare don’t to the systemic self induced regression of the NFL

They attempted to fix a great game that wasn’t broken.....

erod

Reaction score
Football won't exist in 10 years anyway. The media and politics have their sights aimed and will make sure of that.

Might as well watch it now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
the games already being played, its already on TV, and the seats are already filled..blame the fans who bought tickets and the TV media for paying for the rights to air and the Businesses who advertised.. However watching or not watching doesnt change a thing..
yes most of us will refer this as the Asterisk Bowl , the Rams dont belong they got pass and as much as I despise NE, im hoping they win because if the Rams win it furthers the Injustice..the best thig now for the Refs to do is make sure the Patriots win , I mean they already are pretty good at making mistakes, why stop now, their main goal is to make sure the Rams lose..its the right thing to do.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Football won't exist in 10 years anyway. The media and politics have their sights aimed and will make sure of that.

Might as well watch it now.

Im thinking if the probowl is an indication of what is to come it will be flag in 10 years and gone in 20 LOL

Skillit

Reaction score
No, it was a no win for N.O.
If NO could've challenged the no-call just like they can challenge other plays, NO could've and likely would've went to the Super Bowl, but it's not allowed. It's a shame that a team can be robbed for a dumb rule like that and have no recourse.

If the Cowboys had been robbed of a Super Bowl instead of NO, this board would've went BALLISTIC!
The PI on that play was SOOO obvious it was pathetic.

You're right, Goodell didn't personally blow the call, but he's the commissioner of the organization that wouldn't allow NO to challenge a really pathetic "no-call" that cost them a SB!!
Care to take any bets on whether Goodell tries to change that rule like he should?

I quit reading after your first sentence.
Remember- he works for the owners.
The owners respond to fans.

Maybe there will be a response/ reaction here. But to go back and create a revisionist history version of events to blame Godelle for everything from famine to global warming is getting old.

(Sic). The owners LOVE that he takes the heat for the collective crap decisions they have levied on the game.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
So, I'm wondering how the NFL knew they would have that chance to screw the Saints at that point in the game? How did they know the Saints wouldn't have a wide open player in the end zone and that opportunity to ignore a pass interference would even occur?

Maybe the league office was in the refs ear at the start of the Saints drive?

kskboys

Reaction score
No, it was a no win for N.O.
If NO could've challenged the no-call just like they can challenge other plays, NO could've and likely would've went to the Super Bowl, but it's not allowed. It's a shame that a team can be robbed for a dumb rule like that and have no recourse.

If the Cowboys had been robbed of a Super Bowl instead of NO, this board would've went BALLISTIC!
The PI on that play was SOOO obvious it was pathetic.

You're right, Goodell didn't personally blow the call, but he's the commissioner of the organization that wouldn't allow NO to challenge a really pathetic "no-call" that cost them a SB!!
Care to take any bets on whether Goodell tries to change that rule like he should?
Goodell doesn't make the rules. He's the enforcer. Not sure he even sits in on the rules committee.

IceBowler

Reaction score
For the 1st time since 1965 I'll not be watching the "Championship" game of the NFL.
I'm just not that interested anymore. I want to be - but I'm not. Having been privileged to see professional football come of age and become the premier national sports product, I've become very disenchanted with the way the game is played and officiated today. I also view the players in a much less positive way than in the past.

I'm not trying to make a "statement" of any kind - the state of the game is just so much worse than it once was. While I am glad I got to be a part of the League's glory years, I feel sorry for the younger fans who only know the kind of ball presented today.

Y'all enjoy your Super Bowl Sunday ...

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
My god, you are seriously out of control. Don't watch football anymore. Your problems are solved. No one has to be pawns to your world view. End of story. This board can move on to discussing the future, not the past which we can't control.

I missed the part where he asked people to be his pawns.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I'm not ranting or whining. It's not unreasonable to discuss officiating in a thread about the topic on an NFL forum.

The Kamara call versus Dallas was a missed a call, but it wasn't as egregious to me for a few reasons.

The call wasn't as blatant.
It wasn't a call that would have sealed the game one way the other.
It wasn't the playoffs where the officials need to be at their best.

Using a different call example doesn't take away from how bad that Saints-Rams call was. It was one of the worst calls I've ever seen--so bad that it's going to lead to a rule change.

I don't disagree that there probably will be some rule changes because of that hit, but, and at this time, 2 weeks after the fact, it has moved from discussing it to whining about it. To go day after day on the same thing turns to whining. Now you say the Smith hit wasn't as obvious but both Buck and Aikman said a flag will be coming immediately after the hit happened that never came. I see how you work now, you select which blatant missed calls are more blatant based on when they are called. Lastly I would think that we as fans would want the refs to be at their best FOR ALL GAMES, not just the playoffs. Stop your whining about it like a little kid and move on.

Lutonio

Reaction score
I don't disagree that there probably will be some rule changes because of that hit, but, and at this time, 2 weeks after the fact, it has moved from discussing it to whining about it. To go day after day on the same thing turns to whining. Now you say the Smith hit wasn't as obvious but both Buck and Aikman said a flag will be coming immediately after the hit happened that never came. I see how you work now, you select which blatant missed calls are more blatant based on when they are called. Lastly I would think that we as fans would want the refs to be at their best FOR ALL GAMES, not just the playoffs. Stop your whining about it like a little kid and move on.

You see nothing about "how I work" Dr. Freud. Stop your whining about the perceived whining and move on.

See how that works?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You see nothing about "how I work" Dr. Freud. Stop your whining about the perceived whining and move on.

See how that works?

OK go ahead and keep whining about that call. Tell me are there even older plays that you want to whine about too. How about some from oh say 1981 or here's one for you. During that 4th at the 1 in the Ice Bowl in 1967 the peckers center Ken Bowman moved the ball a second before he snapped it and no false start was call. If it was it would have been 4th at the 6 and they would have tried a field goal to tie instead of sneaking in for a TD.

Lutonio

Reaction score
OK go ahead and keep whining about that call. Tell me are there even older plays that you want to whine about too. How about some from oh say 1981 or here's one for you. During that 4th at the 1 in the Ice Bowl in 1967 the peckers center Ken Bowman moved the ball a second before he snapped it and no false start was call. If it was it would have been 4th at the 6 and they would have tried a field goal to tie instead of sneaking in for a TD.

I don't even think you're reading these posts and you keep bringing up other plays. Do you have a problem with any of these:

1. That was a really, really bad call.
2. The Saints likely win the game if it's called correctly.
3. It will likely lead to rule change.

If you agree with all those, I don't see what you're so hostile about.

Them

Reaction score
...Paranoia mean destroya…:).

I will watch the Superb Owl...but first I'm watching the 15th annual Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.
F3Vk3ef.png