Signed by Cowboys Allen Hurns, Cowboys Agree To 2-Year Deal

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
All I'm saying is that he needs to act more professional.

Stephen Jones apparently agrees, said in an interview that Dez can be a "distraction" with his antics.
And at the same time Dez can bust a game changer if The QB can throw a catchable pass

Them

Reaction score
...I'm glad for the extra depth at WR ...If they draft Ridley in the first, then I see TWill or the Bease gone bye-bye... Dez should be here till next season IMMHO.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
And at the same time Dez can bust a game changer if The QB can throw a catchable pass

It'd help if Dez could run a decent route, plus some decent pass protection this year wouldn't hurt matters any.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So how much are they paying hurns for a 2-year deal?
Two years, $12M. It just looks big if that is all you care about and ignore the low guaranteed money attached to the deal.

It is a lot "friendlier" than the deal Williams was given which basically locked him into a roster spot for several years. That is one to lament.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Hurns is only here because of the snowstorm last week

He was supposed to go to the Jets first but got snowed out

So he came to DAL for a visit and the NYJ signed Terrelle Pryor instead

Hurns came back to DAL..... the End

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Two years, $12M. It just looks big if that is all you care about and ignore the low guaranteed money attached to the deal.

It is a lot "friendlier" than the deal Williams was given which basically locked him into a roster spot for several years. That is one to lament.
The wording on that has been up to $12M, incentives involved. Archer has it as potentially just a 1 yr deal with an option for the 2nd year. $4.375 on the cap in 2018

2017 Base $3.125 .....Prorated $1.25 .....Cap Hit $4.375 ..........Incentives?
2018 Base .....?..........Prorated $1.25 .....Cap Hit .....? ..............Incentives?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It would also help if Dez knew where Dak was going to throw the ball

They knew where he was going to throw the ball in 2016 when we had an OL, some pass protection and a running game.
You know, when he had a 67.8 completion ratio, 3,667 yards, 23 TDs, 4 interceptions,
and QB rating of 104.9, and a 13-3 season as a rookie.

But I'll grant you this gp, if the Cowboys succeed in fixing that OL mess, this year should give us a truer reading than 2017 did of what the kid can do.

Last edited:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
They knew where he was going to throw the ball in 2016 when we had an OL, some pass protection and a running game.
And he will be better this season in fact I expect both to be better We have 3 receivers that can get after defensive backs and one of them is lightning fast Butler is not slow either

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm really hoping that Hurns is able to withstand the rigors for a full season this year. He had ankle, back and shoulder problems last year, all within the last 5 weeks of the 2017 season. With that $12 mil contract he got, the FO is gambling that he'll be healthy in 2018. Let's just hope they got it right.

John813

Reaction score
By god we signed someone decent to a honest offer lol.
Very fair deal for what he could bring, and if he gets injured, then we don't exercise that 2nd year.
Good job FO.

jrumann59

Reaction score
And he will be better this season in fact I expect both to be better We have 3 receivers that can get after defensive backs and one of them is lightning fast Butler is not slow either
Butler was fast but he was unreliable in the sense sometimes he would not be where he needs to be on a play whether as a blocker or receiver. What good is speed if you are not where you need to be when the ball is supposed to be delivered.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm really hoping that Hurns is able to withstand the rigors for a full season this year. He had ankle, back and shoulder problems last year, all within the last 5 weeks of the 2017 season. With that $12 mil contract he got, the FO is gambling that he'll be healthy in 2018. Let's just hope they got it right.

Frankly, this is the reason to not take too many risks with the receiver position. We've got to have someone who can step in if Hurns can't hold up. That means not trading away much of our depth.