Always a year late

ESisback

Reaction score
Well no it is just that their intelligence and ability's are often overrated due to their success in making a lot of money.
Jerry has a lot of smart business people working for him, so I would guess that many of the ideas credited to jerry
were actually someone else's ideas and he just takes credit for them.
He didnt earn his cowboys job as gm and stevie didnt earn his job either, it was given to him by jerry.They cant be fired, and no one
except fans can criticize him .
That is not a formula for success.
To Jerry the cowboys are a toy, he loves the toy, and he wants to play with it directly, so he will continue playing.
Other owners hire someone else to manage their toys, and those people are often better than jerry and his boy.

I will say this, it isnt easy to build a team capable of making it to a SB and having the right coaches at the same time,
and making the right FA moves at the right time to help the team at that time. And it requires some good luck too.
It is a complex endeavor and the jones boys are just not able to handle it.

Jerry saying he didnt think it would be this hard , means he thought it was not complicated, but it is.

The Cowboys would have to get real lucky to make it to a SB and win with things as they are right now.
They have lost in the div round 5 times starting in 2007, 0-5 in that round lol the only people who were there
for all 5 are garrett, and the jones boys.

I agree with much of what you said—good points and all, but you can’t place all the bad on the Jones family, but attribute all good thing to luck. If Jerry’s good ideas were really someone else’s, wouldn’t that make him more like other owners? You DID say they hire people to make the football decisions, right?

Every occupation has well compensated people reaping more with less dedication and less talent. I see dumb people every day that own businesses, or people in positions of authority, and I wonder how life can be so unfair. On the other hand, you don’t become ultra successful AND sustain it by being the lazy village idiot.