Am I the only cowboys fan who didnt watch the 1995 SB between SF/SD?

ICP

Reaction score
Fell behind by a significant amount in SBLVII, but battled back to lose by 3, 34-31.
Last year -- had a double digit \ double the score lead 20 -10 until 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter (yes--that was an utter collapse).
Don't think either defeat qualifies as 'they got their tails handed to em'.

Bottom line -- with 4 NFC Championship games (2011-13, 2019 seasons) and two Super Bowl appearances in a (2012 & 2019 seasons) ----the 49ers have been doing more trying to get their 6th Lombardi Trophy than the Cowboys.
They don't have Jerry running the show and I really couldn't care less what they have been doing to win. I have the right to hate that team and I do :thumbup:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I watch any game that's on. HS, college or pro.

That's typically the case for me as well. But for the 1995 SB - after the crushing loss in San Fran - I went to a SB party and had my eyes on something other than football.

To be 30 and single again...sigh.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's typically the case for me as well. But for the 1995 SB - after the crushing loss in San Fran - I went to a SB party and had my eyes on something other than football.

To be 30 and single again...sigh.
Yep. I was in my late twenties for that one and pretty damn wild.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched it. However, I did not get to pay complete attention, nor hear parts of it.

The washer hoses, busted in our condo in Florida. And I was on my way home from work. My wife tried to turn off the water valves, but one was frozen and it kept leaking water.
By the time I got home, half of our bedroom, and a good part of the living room, dining area carpet was soaked, as well the hall way. I turned the water off at the main valve. The water leaked for 20 minutes or more.

So a company came out, sucked up as much water as they could. Put the furniture up on blocks. Then put blowers under the carpet to dry it all out. For 3 days.
the only dry place besides the kitchen and parts of our bedroom and living room, was our sons room. But when the SB was on, I watched it in the living room with the blowers going. As they did not want to watch it, and watched other stuff in his room. So it was hard to hear at times.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The 95 Super Bowl was actually the Cowboys versus the Steelers which was played in January 96. The 94 Super Bowl was San Francisco versus San Diego which was played in January 95.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The 95 Super Bowl was actually the Cowboys versus the Steelers which was played in January 96. The 94 Super Bowl was San Francisco versus San Diego which was played in January 95.
:facepalm::lmao::facepalm:
played in January 95.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Im getting that same feeling again and would not have any interest in seeing the Bills get blown out by Tampa and rather not watch. I knew back in 1995 that the chargers had no shot of beating the niners and wasnt no point in watching the game. Its looking like that may be the case again and I know the bucs would be favored vs the bills
:huh:OK.

My reason for not watching is because SF didn't beat us. A bad field and a bad call beat us. I felt cheated.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
:facepalm::lmao::facepalm:
played in January 95.

The Super Bowl played in January 1995 was San Francisco versus San Diego which was from the 94 season. The Cowboys won their Super Bowls in the 90s in 92, 93 and 95 but the games were played in 93, 94 and 96.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Super Bowl played in January 1995 was San Francisco versus San Diego which was from the 94 season. The Cowboys won their Super Bowls in the 90s in 92, 93 and 95 but the games were played in 93, 94 and 96.
C'mon man! Don't you think we know that??
And to be precise the game was played in 95. Yeah, we know the 94 season, but it was stilled played in 95. SMH!!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
C'mon man! Don't you think we know that??
And to be precise the game was played in 95. Yeah, we know the 94 season, but it was stilled played in 95. SMH!!!

Fans don’t know a lot of things here. The Super Bowl that was played in January 95 was San Francisco versus San Diego. Some refer to it as the 95 Super Bowl but it was played during the 94 season. Hopefully that clears it up for you. In your mind the Cowboys won the Super Bowl in 72, 78, 93, 94 and 96.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Im getting that same feeling again and would not have any interest in seeing the Bills get blown out by Tampa and rather not watch. I knew back in 1995 that the chargers had no shot of beating the niners and wasnt no point in watching the game. Its looking like that may be the case again and I know the bucs would be favored vs the bills
No Cowboys, not much interest

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans don’t know a lot of things here. The Super Bowl that was played in January 95 was San Francisco versus San Diego. Some refer to it as the 95 Super Bowl but it was actually the 94 Super Bowl played during the 94 season. Hopefully that clears it up for you.
Lol!!! I don't need any corrections from you. I'm glad you feel like you know more than every around here. Remind me of the school safety patrols back in the day. Thanks for that memory. I hope I was clear enough for you.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lol!!! I don't need any corrections from you. I'm glad you feel like you know more than every around here. Remind me of the school safety patrols back in the day. Thanks for that memory. I hope I was clear enough for you.

The littlest things make the screws grind in your head. lol You’re the only one making a big deal over this. Someone needs to set fans straight here.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Yes.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The littlest things make the screws grind in your head. lol You’re the only one making a big deal over this. Someone needs to set fans straight here.
I used to be a bully, I continue working on it....lol