Am I the only one excited about a rebuild and high draft picks?

aria

Reaction score
“Good young talent?” I don’t see that at all, I see washed up vets on both sides of the ball with the exception of a few positions. We have so many positions to fill this team has 2–3 years at a minimum to go to be a true contender and that’s assuming everything goes right. Hit every draft pick, have plenty of money to get quality FA’s, be injury free, hope Tyron comes back and he and Collins still play at a high level. Even with a top 5-10 O line zeke isn’t getting any better and if it’s a mediocre to bad O line then he’s just about useless.

I have zero faith in Jaylon, little faith in LVE, or Alden or Gregory or Dlaw making any kind of resurgence. Our secondary sucks, maybe Diggs will come along and be very good but overall I’m the least optimistic about the near future than I’ve been in several years.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see so many Cowboys fans upset about this season. But with all the injuries, it’s a lost season. And with COVID, it’s the perfect time to rebuild. We’ve got a lot of good young talent still. Identify the young ones we want to keep, try to trade older vets for draft picks, and get a stud with a top 5 pick.

If all the guys we want to keep come back healthy next year, we still have a good squad. And we’ve cut the fat and added lots of good draft picks.

This could be a blessing in disguise. Cowboys needed a true makeover.
With Jerry's track record in the draft, there really is no excuse to be excited.:confused:
P.S.It's starting already by the Spring we will be once again buying the Superbowl myth!!!:huh:

fansince68

Reaction score
“Good young talent?” I don’t see that at all, I see washed up vets on both sides of the ball with the exception of a few positions. We have so many positions to fill this team has 2–3 years at a minimum to go to be a true contender and that’s assuming everything goes right. Hit every draft pick, have plenty of money to get quality FA’s, be injury free, hope Tyron comes back and he and Collins still play at a high level. Even with a top 5-10 O line zeke isn’t getting any better and if it’s a mediocre to bad O line then he’s just about useless.

I have zero faith in Jaylon, little faith in LVE, or Alden or Gregory or Dlaw making any kind of resurgence. Our secondary sucks, maybe Diggs will come along and be very good but overall I’m the least optimistic about the near future than I’ve been in several years.
Tyron "annually " Mr. Big Hurt needs to be traded. Again, hanging onto declining players is not the answer.

aria

Reaction score
Tyron "annually " Mr. Big Hurt needs to be traded. Again, hanging onto declining players is not the answer.
If he gets hurt he’s not going to be much and if we need that many other players on this team, which we do, I’d take my chances with him for another year then start looking at his replacement.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I'm somewhat intrigued to see how the Cowboys play Sunday night. I think the rebuild is well under way. A new attitude should be the first thing we notice if this is going to be a successful transition.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I used to get excited about drafts. Hell, in the 80’s it used to be broadcast during the day on school days and I’d skip school to watch it. I used to think damn near every player we drafted was awesome and thought we were going to dominate when they suited up. The mind of an optimistic child lol

Now?

I rarely get excited. I’ve seen too many busts and “meh” picks that had average careers over the years and not just from Dallas either but from every franchise in the league. I now wait for them to hit the field before I get excited to see what they actually bring to the table. The transition from college to the NFL is rough.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I see so many Cowboys fans upset about this season. But with all the injuries, it’s a lost season. And with COVID, it’s the perfect time to rebuild. We’ve got a lot of good young talent still. Identify the young ones we want to keep, try to trade older vets for draft picks, and get a stud with a top 5 pick.

If all the guys we want to keep come back healthy next year, we still have a good squad. And we’ve cut the fat and added lots of good draft picks.

The Cowboys do need a true makeover. Unfortunately that doesn't happen. We just cross our fingers and hope the morons who made this mess can clean it up.

They've had 25 years of draft picks. What have they accomplished with them?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Im excited too...AS LONG AS we jettison the quitters....that would be a lot of fun to see a young hungry team with some swagger (kinda like Arizona)....miss when we are not expected to win and the players are hungry, not like these bloated fat cats that have massive contracts and never live up to expectations.

1989 was better than 1988. Young, motivated, and getting better over old, phoning it in, and getting worse.

The arrow going up on players you're rooting for.

irving

Reaction score
Are they getting a new GM? So in year 26 since they won anything, are they suddenly going to learn how to properly build a team?

catiii

Reaction score

WHo would be picking all those "high" draft picks???????????????? :lmao:

Kalyan

Reaction score
we never have good players when we pick in top 10 like Aaron Donalds of the world or front office messes up by picking Greg Ellis, That LSU CB, and Zeke. Yes zeke is not game changing or franchise changing RB, we could have found someone in round 2

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
One redeeming aspect of this season is that we should have a good idea which players to cut and who not to. Those somehow managing to bear the stress that this season will inflict but still play decently should be keepers. Those that don't could, deservedly, become trade bait. ;)

Last edited:

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

yeah but they are not going to be able to trade many vets for draft picks, I wish but I dont see that happening

Dre11

Reaction score
this isn't a rebuild, they just shedding some dead weight

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This front office is terrible at building a team, though. We have success a few times a decade and that's it with them. What makes you excited? Their drafting is pretty poor overall. Zero idea how to build a defense. So many misses with high picks.

We just went all in on this team for the next few seasons and now you think it's exciting for a rebuild?

Creeper

Reaction score
I love drafting high for once and having a shot at some of the best players in college, the one more certain of making it in the pros. But it is going to be a very hard evaluation process this year. Some games are getting cancelled, some players aren't playing. We don't know if there will be a combine or pro days. And this is not a good year for DTs, a position I was hoping the Cowboys would be drafting. It's early but it appears their are a couple of LBs and Safeties who can play. Or they can trade down and still get one of these positions filled.

This is why if that Quinnen Williams rumor was true I would have jumped on it in a second with my 2nd round pick in hand.

dallasdave

Reaction score

Well said indeed Sir :bow::bow::bow::bow::welcome: