News: Amari’s Shockingly High Contract Demands Debunked

817Gill

Reaction score
So who are we gonna lose..
Cant pay
Dak, Coop, Zeke, Jaylon,Byron,Collins...not to mention role players
Refer to my earlier post. But we sign all the top guys and are going to have to draft to replace the middle.

Eg. Maliek Collins, La’el Collins, Anthony Brown

The cap is set in a way where we can sign all the all-pro/pro-bowlers we have, we are just going to be forced to replenish the middle and depth through the draft and bargain bin free agency. This has been their plan all along, they’ve just finally got to the point where they’ve accumulated enough talent.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So who are we gonna lose..
Cant pay
Dak, Coop, Zeke, Jaylon,Byron,Collins...not to mention role players

My best guess? Byron both Collins.

I think they keep the top three and hope they can afford Jaylon when the time comes. And try to keep everything together for at least three years and hope for a Championship or two in that time.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm going with 5 years and $85 million on this one.
:thumbup:

I think that ultimately, all three of Dak, Cooper, and Zeke will get their paydays, and be paid very well, but none of them will demand to be the highest paid at their positions and will take slightly less in an effort to make sure they all do get paid and stay in Dallas.
Added to the 1/14m for this year and its 6/99m or 16.5m APY

phildadon86

Reaction score
There is no accountability in sports journalism because fans do not demand it and will continue to support that network, publication or internet source. When the reporter had to admit and apologize for the fabricated story about Michael Sam, when he was a Ram, on ESPN and they did nothing about an out and out lie, that told us all we need to know. Lying seems to be an acceptable path in sports journalism. I did my part and have not watched that channel since that happened except for MNF and college games.

Honesty and integrity have become just words in the quest for gold.
How about the Dez video? Florio was supposed to apologize if it wasnt true. Never did

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

I think that ultimately, all three of Dak, Cooper, and Zeke will get their paydays, and be paid very well, but none of them will demand to be the highest paid at their positions and will take slightly less in an effort to make sure they all do get paid and stay in Dallas.

I hope so. I hope they are looking at the cowboys overall situation of up and coming players that need to be kept, and that talent staying around is best for the team.

Either way it's not like the contracts will be trash. They are getting paid.

The cowboys almost never catch breaks like we would hope for.

This is the most talent I've seen them have in some time. I know they wont be able to keep everyone.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I think they will get every dime they think they can get and staying in Dallas is not the priority. And that's fine, it is professional football and more about the money than anything else.
It is with the owners so why shouldn't it be with the players also?

blueblood70

Reaction score
what are current salarys for a 5-10 range WR ? I mean this is the same argument for Daks contract Markets only relative to how you are performing and for sure there are 5 a lot better WR then Amari so he starts somewhere around 5-10 salary RANGE MARKET.. I think that term is so over used its like saying a WR ranked 30th in the league next up contract gets 17 just because hes NEXT.. NO NO NO, you get [paid on performance , where you rank amongst your pears, not how much other got before you.. stupid, its like paying Fitzpatrick, Insert the 16-32 teams starters, or Case Keenum 40mil because they are NEXT QB to need contract.. thats just not smart and this FO id rather them play hard ball and just offer a fair market contract to the individual and how they stack up right now to their current peers...Im sorry I rather lose all these guys then over pay, them gone in 3 years underperforming and back in Salary Cap Dead money hell still with no RING..

at some point some owner need to say NO , draw line in he sand and let these guys walk, FT tag them get trade value or comp picks and move forward....Id like to see all of them stay but this market reality is getting way out of control because tier 2 players getting paid elite money..Tier 1 is top 5 at your position, game changers, HOF potential..our guys right now are top tier 2 AND SHOULD BE PAID AS SUCH..I know zeke might be the exception but his position as RB hurts the argument..

I just took look, not sure this is updated didnt JJ get reworked, im shocked myself at how much these guys past 10 are making..I still think Amari should be in the AJ Green area of this list as it stand 15-16 max.

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope so. I hope they are looking at the cowboys overall situation of up and coming players that need to be kept, and that talent staying around is best for the team.

Either way it's not like the contracts will be trash. They are getting paid.

The cowboys almost never catch breaks like we would hope for.

This is the most talent I've seen them have in some time. I know they wont be able to keep everyone.
And the hunger for the coin is contagious, look at PIT. When a team starts throwing around high dollars, everyone gets infected and wants more.

The Brady Effect in NE is how they stay on top. GB and SEA are going to have the other Effect of greedy QB's and everyone feels they deserve a big payday. The QB position is the ego position in the game but they've let that drive the other part of the game. Think MIN isn't going to have trouble with that guaranteed contract to Cousins?

My grandfather had this little poem up on a plaque in his grocery store when I was a lad and it applies to how these QB's are driving the salaries up for everyone and there will be fallout from that. The dominoes are going to fall for every team like they're falling for PIT.

You need yours and I need mine,
And if we both get ours, that'll be fine
But if you get yours and then mine too
What the hell am I supposed to do?

Why don't they just be honest and change the name of the game to Greedball because that's the game they're all playing.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
And the hunger for the coin is contagious, look at PIT. When a team starts throwing around high dollars, everyone gets infected and wants more.

The Brady Effect in NE is how they stay on top. GB and SEA are going to have the other Effect of greedy QB's and everyone feels they deserve a big payday. The QB position is the ego position in the game but they've let that drive the other part of the game. Think MIN isn't going to have trouble with that guaranteed contract to Cousins?

My grandfather had this little poem up on a plaque in his grocery store when I was a lad and it applies to how these QB's are driving the salaries up for everyone and there will be fallout from that. The dominoes are going to fall for every team like they're falling for PIT.

Why don't they just be honest and change the name of the game to Greedball because that's the game they're all playing.

Speaking of Seattle, Wilson shocked me, that's not him. How he went about it was negative imo. I dont even believe Seattle expected that.

As far as Dallas, I still think about guys like jaylon, vandy and others down the road.

This is just the beginning.

blueblood70

Reaction score

saw a shocking stat this Moring, AR last 23 games 10-12-1 WOW! greatest 35mil ever spent..lol

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I don't know.

What's that old campfire song..99 bottles of beer on the wall?

No.

Cummba yah..that's the one.

Let's all tell ghost stories about how we all are brave with Jerrah's money, shall we?

I think somebody is going to play hardball at some point.

And Zeke is my candidate for a holdout.

He holds the most leverage with his running.

We will see?

I have a big picture of DAK getting double what Zeke is going to make.

Ain't going to happen.

Don't care what Gurley makes.

Zeke is better.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The fact that Amari Cooper and his agent haven't even made a contract offer as yet, there's nothing "shockingly high" in that regard. :rolleyes:

Them

Reaction score
....what do you mean?... it's not true?....it's fake news?...
....(*_*)
....<) (>
.....// ..."Well I never!"

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
My guess is that Coop will bet on himself another season. The floor for a Cooper contract is $16M a year, while even becoming the highest paid WR in the league would only net him $18M a year. If he wanted to sign a deal with Stephen, it probably would've been done by now - there's really not that much room to negotiate over. The low end offer would be 5 years 80 million, the high end offer would be 5 years 90 million, I think they can work out the difference.

Maybe Coop thinks that he could net more than $18M a year if he blows the roof off in 2019 and/or the WR market goes up next offseason, while $16M would still be an easily achievable floor as long as he stays healthy. There's not a ton of risk to the gamble on his end.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Its a good story.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
But too many in the top 5 paid at that position and this team better be very healthy and a drafting demon because they will need the balance of first contracts to offset these others. They had that with Prescott, Elliott and Lawrence last season. I don't care what any of them make, my concern is seeing players that leave because they can't keep them but I am in the minority in my opinion about the importance of Lord Byron to this defense. I see the best DB on the team as more of a critical factor than a 13-15M RB, but that's just me.

Pay Zeke.