Amari Cooper - All time Cowboys MVP?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Okay, just one: Dak's been here the better part of 3 years, with an excellent O-line his first year, and a fairly good one the last 2. It's not really fair to compare his health to Romo's in that amount of time, especially considering the O-lines Tony had throughout most of his career, IMO.
This is a quote from @erod . From his now famous “ Cooper Rush taking over 4th qtr “ thread.

A theme I’m beginning to hear more and more. And not just from Romo homers.

“My lone thought after that crazy game.....this is a Super Bowl roster that will have to drag this guy as far as they can take him.”

“Can a bus driver take a Ferrari to a Super Bowl this season? We'll see.”

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My point was those teams sucked. They were just as bad or good as we were. So the odds of us losing was possible but wasn't guaranteed aside from the Saints.
I understand but that wasn’t the point which was did you see us winning those games not was it a possibility.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I’d say the bulk of this forum thought this team was collapsing heading to Philly at 3-5. Didn’t give us much chance at all and we’re saying we might win 5 or 6 games .

Do you have any post from that timeframe at 3-5 that stated you still saw a division title and SB contender?

Oh my bad. I thought you were referring to like..people who know football. Not chicken little fans on a forum. Lol..carry on.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I understand but that wasn’t the point which was did you see us winning those games not was it a possibility.

No I didn't see us winning those games. Do I see us beating the Colts? There's a possibility. I don't look at our schedule and say we will definitely win a game. I don' think you can do that in this league.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Even in 1993 when Emmitt missed the first two games of the season that was still the defending champs. I certainly don’t believe that team would have gone 0-16 without Emmitt.
I get what you're saying with Amari, and he's been amazing and completely changed this team around. And you have a sound argument.

But we won the Super Bowl in 1993 and Emmitt won MVP that year. No, we wouldn't have gone 0-16 without Emmitt, but what if we go 9-7 and don't make the playoffs? Or we win even one less game and don't get the first round bye and homefield advantage? No Emmitt that year, and we don't win the Super Bowl. And all of a sudden maybe our dynasty turns into a one off.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No I didn't see us winning those games. Do I see us beating the Colts? There's a possibility. I don't look at our schedule and say we will definitely win a game. I don' think you can do that in this league.
Again the point is where were we at 3-4 or 3-5. Did we think that was a divisional champion and potential SB contender ?? Even Jerry said this team looked different to him.

Being a possibility doesn’t matter. It’s aiways a mathematical possibility until it isn’t. I was asking you to use your eye test which you had been using on other subjects.

Most saw this team spiraling on the brink of a total collapse.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I get what you're saying with Amari, and he's been amazing and completely changed this team around. And you have a sound argument.

But we won the Super Bowl in 1993 and Emmitt won MVP that year. No, we wouldn't have gone 0-16 without Emmitt, but what if we go 9-7 and don't make the playoffs? Or we win even one less game and don't get the first round bye and homefield advantage? No Emmitt that year, and we don't win the Super Bowl. And all of a sudden maybe our dynasty turns into a one off.
I’m ok with that. Thanks

No doubt Emmitt was our MVP but I’m not sure that team totally collapses without him. Wouldn’t have won the Super Bowl but collapse? I’m not so sure. Which was more of my theme here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Again the point is where were we at 3-4 or 3-5. Did we think that was a divisional champion and potential SB contender ?? Even Jerry said this team looked different to him.

Being a possibility doesn’t matter. It’s aiways a mathematical possibility until it isn’t. I was asking you to use your eye test which you had been using on other subjects.

Most saw this team spiraling on the brink of a total collapse.
Yeah I thought we could win those games. With a top 3 defense? Yeah I did.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You're 100% right. How you can get behind the underdog in Romo but not the underdog in Dak? Makes no sense to me.

Dak takes some vicious hits despite his offensive line.

And this is another myth about Romo. That he never had a offensive line. His 2014 offensive line was much better than what Dak had. Not only that but that 2007 era team had Gurode, Columbo, Free, Flozell and Leonard Davis. Three of those guys ended up being pro bowlers and two of them were All Pro's........
2006 too.

zerofill

Reaction score
There is a stat to showcase that. Post what Romo did his first 3 years or his last 3 years and compare it to Dak. How is that difficult?

That isn't the way it is perceived when reading it, is why I said that...

But either way you can't compare them in that regard either... Different teams, different players, different plays, blah blah blah... Football sucks in the fact that you can only go by what you see really.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You're 100% right. How you can get behind the underdog in Romo but not the underdog in Dak? Makes no sense to me.

Dak takes some vicious hits despite his offensive line.

And this is another myth about Romo. That he never had a offensive line. His 2014 offensive line was much better than what Dak had. Not only that but that 2007 era team had Gurode, Columbo, Free, Flozell and Leonard Davis. Three of those guys ended up being pro bowlers and two of them were All Pro's........
Yes, he had a decent O-line for a few of his years. The majority however is what prompted Jerry to say Romo didn't need a good O-line. I'm just talking about the hits he took, BTW, nothing else.
Dak does take a lot of hits, and I hope he starts trying harder to avoid them, otherwise he may end up on this side of the discussion before too long.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, he had a decent O-line for a few of his years. The majority however is what prompted Jerry to say Romo didn't need a good O-line. I'm just talking about the hits he took, BTW, nothing else.
Dak does take a lot of hits, and I hope he starts trying harder to avoid them, otherwise he may end up on this side of the discussion before too long.
He had better than decent. Two all Pro's on that line is pretty good.

But I do agree. His day may becoming......but being he's mid 20's....that day should be later rather than soon.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That isn't the way it is perceived when reading it, is why I said that...

But either way you can't compare them in that regard either... Different teams, different players, different plays, blah blah blah... Football sucks in the fact that you can only go by what you see really.
I agree with that. And as flawed as Dak is....he seems to really have the clutch gene.