THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Man... plantar fascitis, ankle, quad, and now knee injuries

Appreciate the toughness he is showing. Just being out there opens things up for others— he is important whether he catches a pass or not

Once you think about it, it’s kind of amazing how many injuries he’s playing through. I understand that at the point in the season most players are hurting to some degree, but he’s been through a lot on the lower half of his body and he’s still playing very well. Imagine if he was fully healthy :eek:.

Glad he’ll be ready for the game. Hope he doesn’t push it too far in practice :grin:.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
if hes catching and playing well, fine, if they are forcing it and hes dropping, no, get him out. They do this with certain players and it never ends well

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Once you think about it, it’s kind of amazing how many injuries he’s playing through. I understand that at the point in the season most players are hurting to some degree, but he’s been through a lot on the lower half of his body and he’s still playing very well. Imagine if he was fully healthy :eek:.

Glad he’ll be ready for the game. Hope he doesn’t push it too far in practice :grin:.

From a biomechanics perspective— the human body will subconsciously compensate for an injury— which often leads to other injuries, usually on the opposite side of the body.

I hope that he is able to contribute on Sun... but my preference would be to shut him down and let him get healthy as opposed to try and navigate an injury and open himself up to a more serious injury down the line

EST_1986

Reaction score
From a biomechanics perspective— the human body will subconsciously compensate for an injury— which often leads to other injuries, usually on the opposite side of the body.

I hope that he is able to contribute on Sun... but my preference would be to shut him down and let him get healthy as opposed to try and navigate an injury and open himself up to a more serious injury down the line
You shut him down and the offense shuts down and the season shuts down

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They should still activate either C.Wilson or D.Smith in case Cooper re-injures his leg early in the game and can't play. They need another viable outside receiver.

D. Smith.

Our viable true wideouts are Cooper, Gallup, Smith, and Cobb, in that order. If Cooper goes out, Gallup and Cobb leave us without deep speed wide.

D.Smith should be a gunner and always active. Should take some snaps in the base from Gallup, to put deep speed on both sides of the field. And we should just be developing a 2nd round prospect who we have the rights to next year.

It was incompetence when they didn't have Smith active with Cobb out and Austin, Gallup, and Cooper on the injury report for New Orleans. That could have easily turned a close game.

I don't know why they hate him so. QB rating when targeted, 137. And it's not like that's some fluke an he wasn't looking good in preseason too.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Playing hurt is how you grind players down permanently. Not wise for a keystone player. That's how Dez became Not Dez. That's how Felix washed out of the league.

exciter

Reaction score
D. Smith.

Our viable true wideouts are Cooper, Gallup, Smith, and Cobb, in that order. If Cooper goes out, Gallup and Cobb leave us without deep speed wide.

D.Smith should be a gunner and always active. Should take some snaps in the base from Gallup, to put deep speed on both sides of the field. And we should just be developing a 2nd round prospect who we have the rights to next year.

It was incompetence when they didn't have Smith active with Cobb out and Austin, Gallup, and Cooper on the injury report for New Orleans. That could have easily turned a close game.

I don't know why they hate him so. QB rating when targeted, 137. And it's not like that's some fluke an he wasn't looking good in preseason too.
He hasn't been active since starting and going without a reception vs Apple and the Saints. Maybe, just maybe he sucks!