Amari Cooper is still a stud

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
CeeDee should be the 1WR and put Cooper in the slot, he's unstoppable there.

CWR

Reaction score
He's still producing in spite of playing with four different QBs.
Made some clutch catches yesterday, had a good game.
On pace for over 1,100 yards receiving this year, which would be his third straight 1,000 yard season, fifth in six seasons.
No-drama player, and has been much better on the road this year, too.
He and Lamb are your top-2 receivers for the next half decade.

Facts. Coop gets way too much hate on this board. He's a hell of a receiver.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
An extraordinarily overpriced stud. I’d rather keep Gallup and Wilson than overpay for Cooper after next season.
Thats a downgrade.

Gallup has had the dropsies since he was drafted. Doesnt command coverage cooper does and doesnt produce like him.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
need more Tds 20mil and what 3 tds?? i know hes quietly having a solid year but i want more TDs

I want to win the lottery. Nobody's going to cry if I don't, and nobody will cry over the $20MM Cooper's receiving if he keeps producing 1000+ yard seasons.

Receiving TDs are a product of scheme. Why does Kelce have 7 TDs on the season? Because he's 6'5" and has Mahomes throwing him the ball. Why does Tyrek Hill have 10 TDs? Because he's faster than a cheetah and has Mahomes throwing him the ball. If Mahomes was throwing it to Copper, he'd have more than 2 TDs on the year. Instead, he's had Dak, B.A.D., and Dalton slinging it to him.

Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Jarwin/Schulz. That's a receiving corps I'll take for the next 5 years.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I want to win the lottery. Nobody's going to cry if I don't, and nobody will cry over the $20MM Cooper's receiving if he keeps producing 1000+ yard seasons.

Receiving TDs are a product of scheme. Why does Kelce have 7 TDs on the season? Because he's 6'5" and has Mahomes throwing him the ball. Why does Tyrek Hill have 10 TDs? Because he's faster than a cheetah and has Mahomes throwing him the ball. If Mahomes was throwing it to Copper, he'd have more than 2 TDs on the year. Instead, he's had Dak, B.A.D., and Dalton slinging it to him.

Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Jarwin/Schulz. That's a receiving corps I'll take for the next 5 years.
look IM asking for more and as fan that ok when a dude makes what he makes..Zeke gets tons of hate and Royce is making excuses for AC because his QB and Ol are bad so his numbers are down, umm Zekes playing with the same trash,

BTW lots of fans turned on dez and they tend to forget just how Great he was over 4year span, he had all the numbers and could return punts.. just making sure fans dont forget what other players who had the Zone turn on him after he got paid and started to decline.. dude had like 73 receiving TDs in short time and exceeded 1200yards in all of them on his run..

LovinItAll

Reaction score
look IM asking for more and as fan that ok when a dude makes what he makes..Zeke gets tons of hate and Royce is making excuses for AC because his QB and Ol are bad so his numbers are down, umm Zekes playing with the same trash,

BTW lots of fans turned on dez and they tend to forget just how Great he was over 4year span, he had all the numbers and could return punts.. just making sure fans dont forget what other players who had the Zone turn on him after he got paid and started to decline.. dude had like 73 receiving TDs in short time and exceeded 1200yards in all of them on his run..

1000+ yard seasons are not just okay, especially when the WR position is stacked. Cooper has performed very well for us since his acquisition. If you don't like him, that's cool. I think he's a great addition, but you're obviously free to think otherwise.

Also, not sure why you brought Dez into the conversation. Dez didn't have a 1000 yard season his last 3 full years with the Cowboys. In fact, he only had 3 1000+ yard seasons in his entire career. And TDs? He went 3-8-6 during his final 3 years, so whatever.....

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He’s one of the most skilled WRs I’ve ever seen. - absolutely. poetry in motion

He also has terrible body language and isnt consistent at all.
- body language - i get why it concerns people but when he steps on the field I am confident i will get his effort so I'm going to chalk it up to that's just his nature. consistency - i think any inconsistency has been from health issues. plus all WR's can lose interest if the ball isn't coming their way even though they are winning on the route.

i can understand why people question trading him away and for the right deal it would have to be considered. but make no mistake, you would be losing a heck of a player.

blueblood70

Reaction score
1000+ yard seasons are not just okay, especially when the WR position is stacked. Cooper has performed very well for us since his acquisition. If you don't like him, that's cool. I think he's a great addition, but you're obviously free to think otherwise.

Also, not sure why you brought Dez into the conversation. Dez didn't have a 1000 yard season his last 3 full years with the Cowboys. In fact, he only had 3 1000+ yard seasons in his entire career. And TDs? He went 3-8-6 during his final 3 years, so whatever.....
Dez has so far had the better career , sorry that was my point..he did more as DC up to this point, If you dont like well that you LOL you like it!!?? I lie AC but hes as overpaid as anyone on this team because hes not scoring the football as much as id lie to see a #1 WR making 20mil AAV..that it didnt say i didnt like him I EXPECT more like all ours players that get railed on post contract for not excelling to their liking

Zeke-2019 was a solid year he got paid before that season
Dlaw- sacks arent everything his win rate and run stats are actually good
JS-TBD lol i got nothing he is i guess high up in tackles
LC get blames for beig hurt after his deal even though he had his best season he got paid before that season
Slee-
Tyrin Smith
Witten was being hated on, no respect at all..
LVE a bust according to the zone

all home grown DC star being ripped apart and they are on the same team.. 2020 is mulligan not judging any player or coach, just saying if all these other players can be targets of hate, ill make my issues known..

thats few so if you cant handle me simply saying id lie to see more TDS by AC and that the worst i sad, better go check your homies around her destroying our players who do not deserve it..seems par for the course

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Thats a downgrade.

Gallup has had the dropsies since he was drafted. Doesnt command coverage cooper does and doesnt produce like him.

Cooper doesn’t show up in big moments....Gallup does. I’m not arguing that Gallup is better....I’m saying keeping Gallup at 10-12 million per is better for the team than keeping Cooper at 20 per.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That is my point. We have, when healthy, a very good OL and a strong red zone back in Zeke that can cash in on a regular basis, not to mention a QB (barring a full recovery) that's a weapon in goal line situations, as well.
No reason to knock Cooper for not being a big TD guy (he's actually decent in that respect) when he often sets other guys up to cash in.
Again, I'll bring up Julio Jones as one who isn't a big TD guy.

Michael Irvin never scored a ton of TDs either.. Some guy named Emmitt was the #1 option when we got in the red zone. Ironically we don't give Zeke the ball ENOUGH when we get down close. Moore seems to favor that 5 wide empty backfield look any time we get near the goal line. And it drives me nuts. Because we don't have a Dez on the roster our short area TDs are almost going to come via a busted assignment or a perfectly placed throw.. or in CD's case, a ridiculous catch. Dez gave us the luxury of not needing to be open.. and you could throw it to him anyway cause he was just more MAN than the guy covering him 99% of the time. Gallup is probably the closest we have to a guy who can just go up and outmuscle a DB for the ball but even he aint in Dez's class. People wanting Cooper to put up a bunch of TD numbers are missing the point.. When we had our QB we were averaging 36 points a game over his last 4 starts. We just put up 31 with the backup QB.. Who cares which receiver was catching the TDs?

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Cooper doesn’t show up in big moments....Gallup does. I’m not arguing that Gallup is better....I’m saying keeping Gallup at 10-12 million per is better for the team than keeping Cooper at 20 per.
Id say hes 50-50 in those big moments. I also remember 90 yrd tds by cooper to end games.

Gallup is also doing it against different coverages and players than cooper yet is only producing half as much.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Cooper struggled in big moments last year at times, yes.
But that hasn't been that true overall if you look at some of the games in 2018 and most of this year.
In fact, he's only had one unproductive game this year with a viable QB and that was against NY.
You have to throw that Dinucci game against PHI out for all the WRs, IMO.
We don't beat MIN without Cooper's fourth down catch on the last drive.

jnday

Reaction score
I agree though most posters here think otherwise.
I disagree. Most posters know that he is a very talented player. We just wish he would show it instead of disappearing at times. When he disappears, he really disappears and it has happened when the team really needs him the most. They might as well bench him when he is in one of those moods.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Michael Irvin never scored a ton of TDs either.. Some guy named Emmitt was the #1 option when we got in the red zone. Ironically we don't give Zeke the ball ENOUGH when we get down close. Moore seems to favor that 5 wide empty backfield look any time we get near the goal line. And it drives me nuts. Because we don't have a Dez on the roster our short area TDs are almost going to come via a busted assignment or a perfectly placed throw.. or in CD's case, a ridiculous catch. Dez gave us the luxury of not needing to be open.. and you could throw it to him anyway cause he was just more MAN than the guy covering him 99% of the time. Gallup is probably the closest we have to a guy who can just go up and outmuscle a DB for the ball but even he aint in Dez's class. People wanting Cooper to put up a bunch of TD numbers are missing the point.. When we had our QB we were averaging 36 points a game over his last 4 starts. We just put up 31 with the backup QB.. Who cares which receiver was catching the TDs?
That's the thing, when everyone's healthy, the first choice in the redzone needs to be running the ball. Let that big, expensive offensive line work.
For his faults, Zeke did have, what, 13 TD runs last year?
I wish they wouldn't forget about it.
Now, as for Cooper, with everything considered I believe this is going to end up being his best year to date.
Maybe not in total yards (though there's a good chance it is), but in consistency.
Game to game, home or road, good teams and bad teams, Dak or Dalton/Gilbert (forget Dinucci though).
He's becoming a borderline elite possession receiver - on pace for close to 100 receptions.
Games versus the Steelers and Washington - two VERY good pass defenses - he was impressive.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
TDs aren't a great way of measuring WR play, honestly.
Julio Jones isn't a big TD guy. Same for Keenan Allen.
Hasn't stopped the offense from averaging over 30+ points a game with viable QB play.
Yesterday was a good example for DAL.

Isn't Keenan Allen basically just a little bit bigger and stronger version of Amari Cooper? He does have poor body language at times and I question how he is mentally because he has drops when he shouldn't and he's the only one that can stop himself because he's that talented. But I mean I wouldn't not want him on the team, he's very good. He's only a couple of years older than Michael Gallup. Idk if Gallup will ever be THAT good.

Cmac

Reaction score
Dallas-Cowboys-v-Washington-Football-Team-fe27cc5ae36e16e07e7e59da1d7da9fa.jpg
Look at who's been throwing to him......every WRs numbers are down since Dak got hurt.

When Dez was dropping passes and fumbling with Dak…...no one mentioned, as part of his decline.....that Matt Cassel, Kitna, and yes, Kellen Moore, were tossing balls for the team, or Dak was maturing as a passer, during the negative assessment of his play. We've still seen Dak have passing issues. Sent TWilliams and Dez packing.

foofighters

Reaction score
He's still producing in spite of playing with four different QBs.
Made some clutch catches yesterday, had a good game.
On pace for over 1,100 yards receiving this year, which would be his third straight 1,000 yard season, fifth in six seasons.
No-drama player, and has been much better on the road this year, too.
He and Lamb are your top-2 receivers for the next half decade.
I stopped saying stud back in 1991 when I was in high school...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Amari Cooper is still a stud, who loses interest in the game often when not heavily involved in the offense. yep stud, thinking about his next chess move.