Twitter: Amari Cooper is underrated

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
BS.

Keenan Allen is great, but misses a ton of games.

Julio is a beast, but on the downside of his career, also constantly injured.

Jefferson is a star in the making. He needs more than one year of production though.

Jarvis Landry is a nice possession/short game WR. Coop has a more dynamic game.

Allen Robinson is comparable and could be better in a better offense, but isn't.

While I agree on MT, it's hard to put him there having not even played last year. Now we will see what he can do without Drew Brees.

I concede Jefferson. I follow you that although his season was great, 1 year simply isn’t enough to define a player one way or the other.

While the rest of your points are valid to an extent, Julio just 12 months ago had a better season than Amari has ever had. His downside then would be superior to Amari’s upside.

Allen Robinson as well is a 1400, 14 TD WR who had another 1250 yard season last year and by your own admission “could be better”.

Keenan hasn’t missed a ton of games since 2016. He’s had 4 straight Amari-esque or Amari-superior seasons since

Jarvis I do agree is a #2, but his career also lines up pretty well with Amari’s, whether you want to say he’s able to produce as well as Amari, or Amari is only producing as well as him is semantics.

Reactions: CWR

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He had 10 catches and 80 yards against the Rams...were they in prevent too that game? Or the Browns game?

The Rams game was competitive from beginning to end. There was a huge score difference at one point in the Browns game. I would guess yes for the Browns game and no for the Rams game.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not by me he isn't. I not only like him as a WR but his demeanor is refreshing, he's a "just do your job" player.
I like that too. Undercelebrating WAY better than overcelebrating (Jaylon, anyone?).

But...this is really a kids game....I wouldn't mind a few smiles and high fives. He *could* fire up his team even more than the big plays do. But thank GOD no hissy fits!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't wait to see a healthy OL and Dak and our 3 WR's, as well a healthy Zeke in action.
Yes, Zeke fought through 2 different injuries last season.
I'm so desperate I get on my knees praying for good health and luck. Like 2016? Pretty sure TBG doesn't care but I'm asking anyway. :)

And a defense that doesn't want to break your heart.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love his route running and well pretty much has no holes in his game on the field. He's not the vocal leader/ heart of the team but few are.

He doesn't have to be a "leader" in that regard. I just feel like he...disengages. I get it...his personality is...subdued. That's fine. He does make a strong case for "professional".

This is the way i feel about Dak too. Don't have to have obvious quintessential "leadership" (i.e.> chewing backsides when they need chewed). Go out there and perform at a high level. Good enough for me!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So hilarious where these trolls try to say that a team is in prevent in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. LOL

In those 3 high scoring games last year with Dak the Cowboys were within one score late in all the games. Browns game Dak brought them all the way back to within 3 points with 2:18 to go in the 4th. If the defense stops the Brown we probably win that game. But alas they give up a 70 yard end around TD run to ice the game.

Seattle game Cowboys were up 31-30 with 4 minutes to go. Seattle never had a lead more than 8 points.

This #1 theory and angle by the Dak troll is 100% a total and complete fabrication. :thumbup:

Its incredibly silly.....

These people want me to believe that...

1) Teams go in prevent in the 2nd quarter of games.
2) Teams only go in prevent in the 2nd quarter of games against Dallas. No other team in the league.

It makes no damn sense.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stefon Diggs
Adam Thielen
Deandre Hopkins
Julio Jones
Justin Jefferson
Michael Thomas
Allen Robinson
Mike Evans
Keenan Allen
Tyreek Hill
Jarvis Landry
Davante Adams
DK Metcalf

There’s 13 guys widely considered superior both statistically and by value to their team than Amari Cooper. Which 4-9 do you have Cooper as outperforming?
Ok you're going too far listing Jarvis Landry, Keenan Allen and Allen Robinson...at the least he's of the same caliber. Most of those guys are. Its Deandre Hopkins, Davante Adams....maybe a healthy Michael Thomas.....then there's the rest of those guys.

lukin2006

Reaction score
He had 92 receptions for 1114 last year with the likes of Ninucci and company. That’s the opposite of shrinking. Sure, he’s not the leader that Irvin was but there’s more than one way to lead.
He leads by example. Nothing wrong with quiet leaders

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok you're going too far listing Jarvis Landry, Keenan Allen and Allen Robinson...at the least he's of the same caliber. Most of those guys are. Its Deandre Hopkins, Davante Adams....maybe a healthy Michael Thomas.....then there's the rest of those guys.

I think he has WR envy. :muttley:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Probably the only WR trade Jerry did that was worth it seeing what it did for Dak and the team. Reason he got paid like a top WR is Jerry like most people understood the props that Dak need to help him because he is that good. Maybe the Raiders with the the new 10 year HC he wanted draft capital and not he was bad, Cooper took less to play for Dallas in free agency and speaks alot about Dak, I will stick to my view you are entitled to yours, main point is Dallas is a much better team with him.
I agree. Good points.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what kills me about some of these guys...one minute they'll argue that Garrett sucks, defense sucks and the receivers aren't that good...but then in the next sentence will say Dak sucks despite him having all this suckage around him lol.
I have also pointed out this faulty logic. So the top execs AND coaches suck......but the players don't suffer from it they just automatically suck too? Why even be a fan at this point? Such silliness. With all due respect or course.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep in mind people...Amari was NOT a bum before Dallas. He was a 1st round pick. Dak didn't MAKE him....HE made him.

So maybe he had trouble at Raiders. A fresh start can do wonders. They (Amari and Dak) can thank each other.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Keenan Allen is pretty stout. I think he’s in that class too. Dude missed 2 games last year and still caught 100 balls

Landry is recognized as a more possession style receiver, but he still ends up with seasons as productive as Amari’s

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

His cuts remind me of Beasley. A slight move and shake and *boom* he's got 5 yards of separation. But unlike Beasley, when he burns you, he's a serious deep threat.

Teams have to double Cooper. And he still produces. He's our only speed at WR. He's the threat that makes the offense go.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
No problem at all with Coop or his contract, principle or term... Coop is what he is, and he is worth every penny to this offense for what he does and doesn't do.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Keep in mind people...Amari was NOT a bum before Dallas. He was a 1st round pick. Dak didn't MAKE him....HE made him.

So maybe he had trouble at Raiders. A fresh start can do wonders. They (Amari and Dak) can thank each other.
Amari was bad a year and a half before getting to Dallas which is why Oakland was happy to get rid of him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Keenan Allen is pretty stout. I think he’s in that class too. Dude missed 2 games last year and still caught 100 balls

Landry is recognized as a more possession style receiver, but he still ends up with seasons as productive as Amari’s
You just knocked Amari for never having 1200 yards....Jarvis Landry hasn’t had one. And Kennan has had just one since 2013....