Amari Cooper shouldn’t be resigned

Cebrin

Reaction score
I think the guy was hurt most of the second half of the season. What would you think if they did not waste the money on Zeke and Smith?

Personally I would choose Cooper over those 2.

Zeke got 1,300K/12 TDS, and was met in the backfield all season. Coop is talented, but to me not as valuable. With our inconsistent line, Dak would have ate turf far more often. Zeke blocks, catches, runs, and sees. He's a pain in the <<<<, but the guy is a difference maker in full spectrum. Best player on our offense bar none.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Zeke got 1,300K/12 TDS, and was met in the backfield all season. Coop is talented, but to me not as valuable. With our inconsistent line, Dak would have ate turf far more often. Zeke blocks, catches, runs, and sees. He's a pain in the <<<<, but the guy is a difference maker in full spectrum. Best player on our offense bar none.

Bad character RB

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Gallup showed in games that Cooper wasn’t out there much that the pressure of being a #1 is too much for him at this time. The drops vs the Jets and Eagles were awful. Just because he cleaned up vs street free agents in week 17 against a 3-13 team does not make him Randy Moss

jaybird

Reaction score
Keep Cobb let Gallup continue to grow. Sign a veteran to fill out the starters and I’d be content.

Amari is terribly inconsistent and seems to lack a passion for the game. Yes, we spent a first rounder on him, but oh well.

If we have decisions on who to pay, it’d make the numbers easier to swallow by letting Cooper walk. To me, he just isn’t worth the $18-20 million he’s gonna want.
That’s the problem “a first round pick”
You almost have to sign him
I’m not so sure if he lacks passion or not. He just has that kind of personality. But he is inconsistent, in part due to nagging injuries.
I’m sure we will over pay like we will with Dak.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

This and have always said this.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It's a matter of the money first of all, he's not the only guy you need to sign. The cap will have a lot to say about it.

As far as pure ability, he's got that - speed, moves, hands. People complain about his "attitude", but he may just not be one of the "rah rah" guys, like Michael Irvin, not everybody wears their heart on their sleeve. The coaches know if that's the case or not, if he's truly unhappy in Dallas, or even unhappy about playing football all together, we don't have any way to know that.

I'd definitely want him back, but he's got to be at least a bit reasonable with his contract demands, if not I'd have to let him test the market...

stinkface

Reaction score
I think Cooper needs to drop about 15 lbs. Seems as if the injuries are because he's carrying too much weight and his joints/knee/hamstrings etc. can't hold up. I do think he's really really good when healthy.

John813

Reaction score
I disagree. Dude did have some injuries down the stretch.
Now, not saying we need to pay him huge coin, but the overall total money means very little.

superonyx

Reaction score
I can tell you must have trouble with literacy, so I’ll keep it simple for you. Go back to the list of WR I listed.

They all produce/produced, regardless of scheme. You think Michael Thomas is only good because the saints work him open? You think TO was a product of his coaches scheming him open? Name any top WR in any era. They were successful on their own, and coaching HELPED make them even better. Doesn’t matter the system, doesn’t matter the extra coverage.

Coaching is not everything. I’ll write that twice to make sure you understand that. Coaching is not everything. By your flawed logic, Jerry Rice would have sucked here if he played under Garrett because of scheme deficiencies. That makes no sense whatsoever.

So yeah, use your infinite football wisdom to keep schooling me. But I’m done entertaining your provocations. Go pretend to be smart with someone else.
The problem with your continued failed attempts are that you are trying to argue from a position of Amari Cooper not producing.
We are talking about a WR who has been named an All Pro 3 out of his 5 years in the league on both teams he played for.
You clearly have taken up a position that isn't defensible and instead of tucking your tail you are attempting to double down on stupid.

By your logic Amari Cooper sucks here and sucked in Oakland. Yet somehow sucking he still had 79 catches for over 1100 yards and 8 Td's while averaging over 15 YPC.
I can tell logic isnt your strong suit so explain to me how bad Cooper is while playing for a coach that has let his top WR become a decoy year after year and yet he still produced numbers equal to TO's first 8 years in the league.

Oh... you need to argue from a position of Cooper producing nothing in order to even formulate an argument.

superonyx

Reaction score
He never has been and never will be 100% healthy for the regular season. It was like that with the Raiders too. You don't pay part time WRs full-time money. I like Cooper but his $$ is better spent elsewhere. Who was the Eagles big dollar WR last weekend? They were all no-name WRs that beat us. We need good coaching, not overpriced WRs...
The eagles high paid WR is Alshon Jeffery.
I know he is injured. But why use just last weekend as the model we need to chase. The eagles barely scored last weekend and threw 25 passes to RB's and TE and only 6 passes to WR's.
This may be what you are after but thats a formula for failure.

Of course we need coaching. Coaching is #1. But what does great coaching need to come at the expense of great talent?
Thats a weird jump.

superonyx

Reaction score
To be honest I was never a TO or Dez fan for various reasons. But for that kind of money I would want my #1, highest paid WR to NOT be benched on 4th and 8 with the season on the line because they sucked all day. And I would fully expect them to rant and rave about it on the sideline instead of a shrug and "Welp, watchya going to do?"

I mean could you imagine what would have happened with those guys in that scenario?
I would never want any player on my team to be a cancer of the sidelines.
Thats some strange logic you are making.
When has a player ever ranting and raving on the sidelines ever worked for anything but dividing up a locker room?

And Cooper wasnt benched. He was pulled along with Cobb due to a stupid coaching rotation.

BTW... Cooper and Cobb had multiple catches on that drive where you claimed he sucked.

At least get your facts straight.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Keep Cobb let Gallup continue to grow. Sign a veteran to fill out the starters and I’d be content.

Amari is terribly inconsistent and seems to lack a passion for the game. Yes, we spent a first rounder on him, but oh well.

If we have decisions on who to pay, it’d make the numbers easier to swallow by letting Cooper walk. To me, he just isn’t worth the $18-20 million he’s gonna want.
depends on his asking price..if hes gives us a hometown discount , sign him, if he wants to be paid anywhere close to Thomas or Julio, im out.. Gallup is ready to be a #1 ..I mean he cant be worse then the up and down Cooper from the last 6 weeks..hes younger and healthier...

I like Amari but not for anymore then 17 per..

this is a deep draft of WRs coming up I believe..so it might be a good cap decsions to not go after Amari to hard..let him come to us or say goodbye..

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Oh I agree but when Cooper is healthy he is an incredible player and he's young enough that I think he's fine to pay.

Where are you getting that he's so unhealthy that is causing him to only suck on the road?

He did this healthy....in Oakland as well. Why do you keep ignoring this? Dude is overrated.