Amari Cooper shouldn’t be resigned

Blackspider214

Reaction score
There is something up with Amari Cooper. He just doesn't seem like he even wants to play football. His body language on the sidelines was awkward .

This is why Oakland was willing to let go of a very talented, young WR. I mean those are the guys you want when rebuilding. He had that kind of attitude there as well. Only really was into the game when he felt like it.

He is very inconsistent for my tastes.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
100% Coop's fault? Dak and Kellen Moore gets some blame too.

And let's not forget he saved our season last year, as a midseason acquisition and no training camp.

Coop was still a big reason why this offense was the 2nd most prolific (by 2 yards) in team history:

This inconsistent team had the best offense and defense in NFC East...yet we are on the outside of the playoffs...but it's Coop's fault? SMH

He was like this in Oakland too...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak is a limited talent. That's to be expected.

Having said that the Cowboys were 2nd in pass yards per game and 1st in net yards per pass play.

Which resulted in an 8-8 season with Cooper ghosting

You don’t need an elite WR in this league. Use the money on the defense.

vig454

Reaction score
Th guy who benefited from Cooper’s double teams? I’m not sold he can be the number one, but he’s a good secondary receiver.

He doesn’t like to lose....
He acted like that even when boys were winning.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
The raiders let him go. That should tell you everything. Theres something wrong with him and theyre keeping it in house. Not sure if its a mental thing or injury. Probably both. Something aint right with him.. looks like he hates football. I say kick rocks unless he can be had for 10 mill per year. I think hes a good number 2 receiver. Hes not a 1. His catch radius is too small. If it were my team, id upgrade much like the raiders tried to do with antonio brown.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Which resulted in an 8-8 season with Cooper ghosting

You don’t need an elite WR in this league. Use the money on the defense.
You don't need an elite qb. But if you don't have an elite qb who can function otherwise... Then you do what you must.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep Cobb let Gallup continue to grow. Sign a veteran to fill out the starters and I’d be content.

Amari is terribly inconsistent and seems to lack a passion for the game. Yes, we spent a first rounder on him, but oh well.

If we have decisions on who to pay, it’d make the numbers easier to swallow by letting Cooper walk. To me, he just isn’t worth the $18-20 million he’s gonna want.

To sign someone to another contract is to "re-sign" that person.

If a person quits a job, he "resigns".

MyUserName

Reaction score
Have to agree with the majority ...no signee Amari.

Put $$ towards defense (FA and draft) and draft a stud WR to go with Gallup.

We'll be back in the SB by 2021-22

Tooter_Magee

Reaction score
The raiders let him go. That should tell you everything. Theres something wrong with him and theyre keeping it in house. Not sure if its a mental thing or injury. Probably both. Something aint right with him.. looks like he hates football. I say kick rocks unless he can be had for 10 mill per year. I think hes a good number 2 receiver. Hes not a 1. His catch radius is too small. If it were my team, id upgrade much like the raiders tried to do with antonio brown.

Right. The Raiders...the epitome of good decision making.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It’s no different for receivers...

How many elite WRs have won Super Bowls the past 10-15 years?

Randy Moss, D Thomas, Edelman Holt, Bruce... off the top of my head. Last great RB to win in the last 10-15 years????

Tooter_Magee

Reaction score
Randy Moss, D Thomas, Edelman Holt, Bruce... off the top of my head. Last great RB to win in the last 10-15 years????

They're hard to find. In fact, there aren't many even on the runner ups.
I know this is a Cooper thread but paying Zeke that money is going to prohibit them from signing the other pieces to put around Dak that he's going to need to win.
In my opinion, if they were set on keeping Dak, they needed to be committed to Cooper and the O-line as well. Not to mention the defense.

CB61

Reaction score
Funny how the Zone changes.

Yall remember pre Amari Dak?

Also people never think about the knock on effects of losing Amari.

A) You have to spend draft capital or the dollars in free agency to replace Amari (you maybe have to do both).

B) Suddenly Gallup gets the number 1 corner and not the number 2. We all sure Gallup is that guy? He disappeared often this year against lesser attention.

C) Amari played injured never complained and had huge games for us despite that. This the guy you want to just let walk?

You fans who accuse Jerry at being bad at his job are more emotional and would be disastrous.
I would rather not see Amari Cooper go either I think a lot of his issues were due to injuries however this team has a lot of glaring needs and you're going to have to pay some people veterans in free agency to make this team better or we draft and live with the rebuilding but remember we only get so many draft picks, I'm not sure how many we get this year in total 6 7 8? We need at least 10 players on this team at the very least we have what 25 free agents?? I'm not exactly sure how we do that even with the cap space that we have? Granted the cap will go up a little bit this year but

CB61

Reaction score
I would rather not see Amari Cooper go either I think a lot of his issues were due to injuries however this team has a lot of glaring needs and you're going to have to pay some people veterans in free agency to make this team better or we draft and live with the rebuilding but remember we only get so many draft picks, I'm not sure how many we get this year in total 6 7 8? We need at least 10 players on this team at the very least we have what 25 free agents?? I'm not exactly sure how we do that even with the cap space that we have? Granted the cap will go up a little bit this year but
25 unrestricted free agents three restricted free agents that's a lot of people folks now you can take half that list right out we just don't need them but that's still a lot of players leaving

J_Allen

Reaction score
I really believe Gallup can be a number one.

Let Cooper walk and be someone else's problem.

conner01

Reaction score
I suspect many saying don’t sign him were excited about trading for him
A first rnd pick for a short term rental seems crazy to me
The decision to sign him or not should have been made before trading for him