Amari Cooper Trade Rumor

Bigdog

Reaction score
No one is giving Dallas a 1st round pick for the third highest paid receiver in the NFL who didn't come close to third in any WR category.

Be glad if anyone offers a mid-round pick to take his bloated contract off your hands.
Oh I know that but I was commenting on a poster who said the Jets were shopping the 10th pick.

Praxit

Reaction score
......dont think Coop is going anywhere. The guy likes it here, get an OC that is better for offense schemes.

Besides, if Dallas had won this conversation would be nonexistent.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
There definitely should be good trade value there especially if Cooper agrees to a restructure. 5x 1,000 yard receiver will only be 28 years old, multiple teams would definitely be involved. If you're picking in the 2nd half of the 1st round I would think you would consider it. Maybe multiple day 2 picks, who knows.

Loso86

Reaction score
What are you on about? He’s thrown 65 TDs to 19 ints over that span, despite missing 3 games. His completion percentage is over 67% in that timeframe. He went 12-4 with 40 TD passes last year.

Did you just randomly say that to see who’d call you out on it?
Lol sure

Verdict

Reaction score
Jets are shopping the number 10 pick supposedly but I doubt they are dumb enough to trade it for a WR that cant stay healthy.
They might trade you Cooper and our first round pick for #10. That’s probably a stretch but they end up with a player and a pick.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Just don’t invest resources in a passing game you know will disappear in the biggest games.

All we can do is go back to Garrett ball unfortunately.

Hopefully build a OL that’s so unbelievably dominant that we can overcome everything.
ty buddy

Flamma

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the rumor about Cooper being traded to the Chiefs in the offseason? I don't believe it for a minute but I am wondering who started the rumor or who put it out there? Since I don't think the Chiefs would have any interest in Cooper I am wondering if Cooper or his agent started this rumor. It sounds like what an unhappy WR might want for himself.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/rumor-amari-cooper-could-be-traded-to-chiefs

Doesn't make sense IMO. I see that the Chiefs have 21 million in cap space for 2022. Part of that is due to the projected cap hike, part of it due to players that currently haven't been resigned. Mahomes cap hit is going from 7 mil to 35 mil. WR hill is also going up 5 mil. Cooper alone would eat up 20 million. Are they resigning anyone? I just don't see it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Jets would probably be more likely if we traded.

You don't trade player who inked with you for less than other teams offered to crap teams they don't want to go to.

That immediately screws you with future FAs.

Some of y'all just don't pay attention

RD21

Reaction score
At 20 mil/year, Coop isn't getting traded. Nobody else is gonna pay him that, or take his contract.

He might just be cut before the march deadline that guarantees his contract for '22.

zeke21

Reaction score
Do y'all remember why we had to pay overs to get Cooper in the first place? You know.. because our 40M QB couldn't complete a pass because we didn't have any talent at WR?

Hmmm.. and now we going to get rid of Cooper because we can't afford him..

SO then our 40M QB that just crapped the bed can claim its not his fault because he has no receivers.. I see.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
You don't trade player who inked with you for less than other teams offered to crap teams they don't want to go to.

That immediately screws you with future FAs.

Some of y'all just don't pay attention
ty buddy

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Has anyone seen the rumor about Cooper being traded to the Chiefs in the offseason? I don't believe it for a minute but I am wondering who started the rumor or who put it out there? Since I don't think the Chiefs would have any interest in Cooper I am wondering if Cooper or his agent started this rumor. It sounds like what an unhappy WR might want for himself.

This isnt a rumor, its just a writer making up trades to write an article

GMO415

Reaction score
What does Dallas get in return if he goes to KC? Kelce?

Xavier187

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the details on the possible trade?

From what I've seen Amari Cooper Dallas retains 5 million per for remainder of his contract. Coopers contract goes fully garunteed. Plus a 2023 pick

Dallas gets Chiefs 1st and 2nd round picks.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Sounds like Jerry is doing a cost-benefit-analysis of Amari Cooper’s 2021 performance & the $16M savings against the cap next year if they trade or release him.

I've always been a Cooper fan. Thought he was the guy that made the offense go. But 20 mil for *not* going ain't worth it. I considered him elite while he took double coverage and still produced top numbers. He still gets doubled, but didn't produce top numbers, and is only getting older. Looks like he's lost that elite quickness he had when he first came to the Cowboys.

I don't like spending on WRs generally, but made an exception for Cooper while he was delivering. He's not anymore. Move on and restructure our spending.

Jerry is disappointed in Cooper. So am I.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jerry-jones-expresses-frustration-with-amari-cooper/ar-AAT1K1B

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Why would not the Chiefs have interest in Cooper?

I think that would be a fantastic move for both parties.
What is it, Durbin Diesel or Delta Velvet?