Signed by Cowboys Amari Cooper traded to Cowboys **merged**

Jimbo69

Reaction score
You obviously didn't watch the game sober. I get that you want to get rid of Prescott. But you're way off on the O line. It's actually strange you don't think it was a trainwreck.
4 sacks, 9 hits doesn't illustrate a clean pocket - it's a ******* mess.
Neither does 33 yards rushing. You're way off.

You seem to take issue with factual events and claim they are excuses, but either way - they happened. But you don't have a problem excusing the **** run game and O line and blame it on Prescott.

Your agenda is clear.
What agenda, this is Football that's all. I have an opinion on our QB. I have no personal animosity against Dak, in fact outside of his performance he is exactly the right person to be the face of the Cowboys. It is a great shame that his play is not conducive with that position.
You are using excuses to protect a limited QB who will never be anything other than mediocre. How many more WRs and 1st round OL selections will it take to make Dak a championship QB.
Your agenda sir, is very clear.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What agenda, this is Football that's all. I have an opinion on our QB. I have no personal animosity against Dak, in fact outside of his performance he is exactly the right person to be the face of the Cowboys. It is a great shame that his play is not conducive with that position.
You are using excuses to protect a limited QB who will never be anything other than mediocre. How many more WRs and 1st round OL selections will it take to make Dak a championship QB.
You can't read or you are choosing to not include the copious posts I've made pointing out my observations of Prescott in regard to his mistakes, limitations and things he needs to improve on. The O line being unproductive (Clearly) is not an excuse, it's a fact. Saying it's an excuse is lazy because there's no rebuttal.
For example: What difference does it make how many players we draft in the 1st round to put on the O line if they're out from injury, playing injured or is just plain ineffective and inconsistent? And up to this point we have a stockpile of jags at WR and TE, that's not debatable. It has yet to be seen which Cooper we get.

I'm not protecting Prescott, get that through your head. I'm just not willing to put him on "Blame Island."
No one on offense is consistent.

Reactions: CWR

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Fine, we can agree that you are not protecting Prescott. I will just end with my opinion that i do not believe that Dak is a good enough QB to get this team a championship. He will win games as i stated earlier, but not a championship. I hoped i was wrong and Dak was the man but his current play has led me to believe he is a very limited QB.
Time will tell if i am wrong.

Sydla

Reaction score
The OL play has not been great, for sure. But when people rattle off how many times Dak has been sacked or hit as proof this OL stinks, it's only fair to point out some is his own fault. For example, that Kerrigan sack/fumble. That's on Dak. He had opportunity to throw the ball there. Another of the Skins sacks, again, Dak's fault. He spun into a sack.

33 yards rushing is awful. But then again, the Skins basically dared Prescott to torch them in the air and he couldn't so they kept jamming the LOS to stop Elliott.

Again this isn't a defense of the OL or an attempt to say they are playing great. They aren't. The OTs look bad at times, for example. But Dak getting smacked around in the pocket or our struggles in running the ball are tied, at least in small part, to the quality of QB play.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Fine, we can agree that you are not protecting Prescott. I will just end with my opinion that i do not believe that Dak is a good enough QB to get this team a championship. He will win games as i stated earlier, but not a championship. I hoped i was wrong and Dak was the man but his current play has led me to believe he is a very limited QB.
Time will tell if i am wrong.
No issue with your opinion, whatsoever. But I think if the offense was rolling and healthy like 2016, he's more than capable. His first playoff game as a rookie illustrates this. Imagine if out defense was as good in 2016 as it is now? We beat Green Bay and go on to at least another playoff game.

Sydla

Reaction score
No issue with your opinion, whatsoever. But I think if the offense was rolling and healthy like 2016, he's more than capable. His first playoff game as a rookie illustrates this. Imagine if out defense was as good in 2016 as it is now? We beat Green Bay and go on to at least another playoff game.

Maybe 2016 was an anomaly? It's certainly not uncommon for a team or a player to just have that one magical year and that's all it ends up being......... one year.

People keep pointing to 2016 as if it's the norm around here.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Your agenda is kind of clear as well.

The OL play has not been great, for sure. But when people rattle off how many times Dak has been sacked or hit as proof this OL stinks, if one doesn't admit some of that is Dak's fault, it also shows a bias. For example, that Kerrigan sack/fumble. That's on Dak. He had opportunity to throw the ball there. Another of the Skins sacks, again, Dak's fault. He spun into a sack.

33 yards rushing is awful. But then again, the Skins basically dared Prescott to torch them in the air and he couldn't.

Again this isn't a defense of the OL or an attempt to say they are playing great. They aren't. The OTs look bad at times, for example. But Dak getting smacked around in the pocket or our struggles in running the ball are tied, at least in small part, to the quality of QB play.
I've stated numerous times in numerous threads that Prescott may not ever be the guy. You and I have had these very exchanges, so either you forgot or you choose to not admit that I've been critical of Prescott his entire career.
The skins game is interesting. He made mistakes that were costly, like his fumble for a TD.
But, he was throwing well when he had protection. He made some very on point throws. He threw for more yards than is typical. He also rushed the same amount of yards as our 4th overall elite RB. Go watch the game again. Everyone is claiming they "stacked the box" with 8-9. One guy said there was 10. BS, there was 4-5 consistently.

I'm not showing biased, I'm just not saying what you want to here. The entire offense failed.

AGAIN! - Prescott screwed up, with fumbles, some bad reads and hesitating to throw. But it was hardly as bad as some suggest and SOME are factors from the players around him.

Sydla

Reaction score
I've stated numerous times in numerous threads that Prescott may not ever be the guy. You and I have had these very exchanges, so either you forgot or you choose to not admit that I've been critical of Prescott his entire career.
The skins game is interesting. He made mistakes that were costly, like his fumble for a TD.
But, he was throwing well when he had protection. He made some very on point throws. He threw for more yards than is typical. He also rushed the same amount of yards as our 4th overall elite RB. Go watch the game again. Everyone is claiming they "stacked the box" with 8-9. One guy said there was 10. BS, there was 4-5 consistently.

I'm not showing biased, I'm just not saying what you want to here. The entire offense failed.

AGAIN! - Prescott screwed up, with fumbles, some bad reads and hesitating to throw. But it was hardly as bad as some suggest and SOME are factors from the players around him.

I apologize. I went back and deleted your quote and the part about your agenda out but you read it before I could edit it. It was an unfair comment.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Maybe 2016 was an anomaly? It's certainly not uncommon for a team or a player to just have that one magical year and that's all it ends up being......... one year.

People keep pointing to 2016 as if it's the norm around here.
Jesus Christ, the entire offense was playing at a high level. Period.

Tell you what, you can give up on Prescott - I couldn't care less. But we just tossed 2019's 1st round pick away, so I'm ALL IN this season because the staff is too. And if we bomb, I'll be the first to admit we need another QB. Along with at the very least a middle ranked TE, a better RT and whatever else we need to stock.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I apologize. I went back and deleted your quote and the part about your agenda out but you read it before I could edit it. It was an unfair comment.
No worries. I feel like we're closer to the same basic ideas than we are far apart.

Sydla

Reaction score
And no offense, but if you think the Skins only had 4-5 guys in the box for much of that game, you watched a different game than just about anyone.

If the Skins only had 4 guys in the box, that means their 3 LBs were basically in deep drops at the snap. That's simply not true.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And no offense, but if you think the Skins only had 4-5 guys in the box for much of that game, you watched a different game than just about anyone.

If the Skins only had 4 guys in the box, that means their 3 LBs were basically in deep drops at the snap. That's simply not true.
I meant at the line. Fans confuse the two. I misspoke. They brought 4 and 5 defensive players often.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You can't read or you are choosing to not include the copious posts I've made pointing out my observations of Prescott in regard to his mistakes, limitations and things he needs to improve on. The O line being unproductive (Clearly) is not an excuse, it's a fact. Saying it's an excuse is lazy because there's no rebuttal.
For example: What difference does it make how many players we draft in the 1st round to put on the O line if they're out from injury, playing injured or is just plain ineffective and inconsistent? And up to this point we have a stockpile of jags at WR and TE, that's not debatable. It has yet to be seen which Cooper we get.

I'm not protecting Prescott, get that through your head. I'm just not willing to put him on "Blame Island."
Elliott is elite, yet he ran for 33 yards.

Somehow though, I have a feeling you'll read this and leave out any criticisms of Prescott and then say I have an agenda.

Sydla

Reaction score
I meant at the line. Fans confuse the two. I misspoke. They brought 4 and 5 defensive players often.

Their LBs attacked the LOS for much of the game. Zach Brown basically was sprinting to the LOS at the snap.

Teams simply don't think this team can take advantage of them basically focusing on Elliott and the run game.

Hopefully that changes with Cooper and Dak continuing to progress.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Their LBs attacked the LOS for much of the game. Zach Brown basically was sprinting to the LOS at the snap.

Teams simply don't think this team can take advantage of them basically focusing on Elliott and the run game.

Hopefully that changes with Cooper and Dak continuing to progress.
I honestly think it will take a couple, 2-3 games to get any rhythm. At this rate of only winning at home that might not be enough time. Cooper is clearly better than onyone on our roster, so I'm hopeful.

bb721

Reaction score
or gallup taller. :)[/QUOTE]

I didn’t notice at first but Gallup has actually jumped up a bit in the pic and both feet are off the ground so he looks a bit taller.