Amari Cooper

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I admit not interested in giving anything more than a 3rd for Cooper but with this, hmmm.

KingRah

Reaction score
It’s too bad they won’t pull the trigger. That would be admitting they were wrong.

KingRah

Reaction score
1 WR is not the answer.
Yes it is. A number 1 means you can’t double Beasley in third downs. It means they have to play Zeke differently. It means Zeke has an easier time. A number 1 that happens to be a deep threat too, is even better.

KingRah

Reaction score
We need to trade for cooper or a young receiver with the potential to be a no.1. We need a number 1 with deep speed to compliment Gallup.

jrumann59

Reaction score
This offense needs a deep threat. Otherwise all the defenders will be near the LOS.

kskboys

Reaction score
What's your suggestion in order to win this year ksk?
This year? None.

No matter what we call it, this is a rebuilding year. This team reminds me of the year we went 7-9(91?) before becoming a juggernaut.

The focus this year should be on evaluating talent. If a proper assessment of our weaknesses is made, we could become nasty indeed for the next 5 years or so.

The only trades that should even be considered are ones that bring in young game changers or cheap vets. Clowney, for example.

Freaking out and making trades that use up valuable resources would be extremely foolish at this time. Unless you can get a Clowney for the next 5 years. Bringing in a Matt Cassell type, for instance, would be foolish. There is simply no point in bringing in average talent, unless it is cheap.

kskboys

Reaction score
We need to trade for cooper or a young receiver with the potential to be a no.1. We need a number 1 with deep speed to compliment Gallup.
We'll just have to make do w/ Brice Butler for this year, who has proven to be a viable deep threat. In all likelihood, there's no one available who would be better w/o giving up high draft picks.

KingRah

Reaction score
We'll just have to make do w/ Brice Butler for this year, who has proven to be a viable deep threat. In all likelihood, there's no one available who would be better w/o giving up high draft picks.
I’d take cooper. He’ll add 7 points a game to our offense.

dallas72

Reaction score
Yes it is. A number 1 means you can’t double Beasley in third downs. It means they have to play Zeke differently. It means Zeke has an easier time. A number 1 that happens to be a deep threat too, is even better.
A smart Coach would put 3 or 4 WRs on the field spread out tge Defense..force teams to go Nickel or Dime & run Zeke...you cant put 7 or 8 in the box with that & Dak can run the option aswell.....What Patriots do with Sony

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This year? None.

No matter what we call it, this is a rebuilding year. This team reminds me of the year we went 7-9(91?) before becoming a juggernaut.

The focus this year should be on evaluating talent. If a proper assessment of our weaknesses is made, we could become nasty indeed for the next 5 years or so.

The only trades that should even be considered are ones that bring in young game changers or cheap vets. Clowney, for example.

Freaking out and making trades that use up valuable resources would be extremely foolish at this time. Unless you can get a Clowney for the next 5 years. Bringing in a Matt Cassell type, for instance, would be foolish. There is simply no point in bringing in average talent, unless it is cheap.
It's not a rebuilding year. At least not yet. Defense is dominating and offense may be turning the corner. It's easy to quit for some.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's not a rebuilding year. At least not yet. Defense is dominating and offense may be turning the corner. It's easy to quit for some.
Calling people quitters because they don't see things as you do is cheap and cowardly.

Flamma

Reaction score
The problem I have is that I'm not sure what the problem is on our offense. Lack of WRs, poor QB, or poor gameplan? Or is it a combo of all three? Or is it that Dak needs more time? I think Gallup and Beasley are solid WRs and the TEs are playing better than I expected. So Cooper may just open it all up. But what if he doesn't? And what did Dallas give up?

Is Austin injured? If so we're going to need somebody. Cowboys can't afford to regress in talent on the offensive side of the ball.

John813

Reaction score
The one thing I see with cooper is this, next year is his 5th year option.

He'll get 13.9mil, which is a very fair number. But will he be willing to play on that and not pout for an extension?

The FO seems hesitant on paying outsiders big bucks. If we were to acquire him before the TDL, we would have at least 8 weeks of games here to analyze his play. But of course he'll need time to gel with Prescott and what not.

1 year at 13.9mil would be a good tryout for us, especially with the amount of cap space we'll have in 2019, and the lack of options in FA, at least near his caliber.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The problem I have is that I'm not sure what the problem is on our offense. Lack of WRs, poor QB, or poor gameplan? Or is it a combo of all three? Or is it that Dak needs more time? I think Gallup and Beasley are solid WRs and the TEs are playing better than I expected. So Cooper may just open it all up. But what if he doesn't? And what did Dallas give up?

Is Austin injured? If so we're going to need somebody. Cowboys can't afford to regress in talent on the offensive side of the ball.

If he doesnt open it up then you let him walk for a 3rd round comp

jsb357

Reaction score
I’d take cooper. He’ll add 7 points a game to our offense.

Dallas is not consistently using the receivers they have.

Bring in Cooper and you'll stunt Gallup's development.

Look to the future not another teams past.

Flamma

Reaction score
If anything I think it would open Gallup up. You think Ridley would be catching all of those TDs without Julio Jones running around out there?