Amari is low-key ripping Linehan

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I am sure many of you people have worked at some point in their life at a poorly managed operation where somehow there was enough residual teamwork and comradery with each other that you somehow made it work in spite of the idiot boss.

This is probably a lot like that.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
They have great bunch packages in their play book, like the one they threw to Amari that gave us a first down, BUT THEY CALLED IT ONCE! They have that stacked package, which should be used in the redzone, but when they called it, THEY RAN FROM IT!! Linehan is just stupid bro. Why run a 3 wide set in the red zone, and have all guys run and turn around.

There was a play in OT where they set up a screen for Beasley, and they ran it there. That screen would have scored.

Qcard

Reaction score
Amari's a quiet dude, so he hasn't said much all year, but he's dropped a few gems since the Philly game.

Exhibit A (OT Touchdown)

So, with the game on the line, Linehan called a play that everyone in the world saw coming. If that had been an interception, everyone would have blamed Dak, obviously.

Exhibit B (75 Yard Touchdown)

So Linehan called three stop routes, in a row, for Amari.

Add to that all the other receivers that have trashed Linehan in the past, whether it's Dez, Butler, Hurns, Beasley, etc.

This guy has to go, and I don't know how the management is so foolish as to let this to continue.
The stare Amari gives Dak after the TD in which they changed the route is like "I told you". That's how you build trust.

Linehan is now just along for the ride

Batman1980

Reaction score
Linehan needs to be on the unemployment line ASAP, Amari and Dak drawing it up in the dirt is better than what he comes up with.

Thomas82

Reaction score
"When he calls out your scheme cause it's hurting the team, that Amari!"

deanmartintop.jpg

Good one!!

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
There's a lot going on here, and as usual, people are trying to roll it into one big ball that they can hang around the neck of the offensive coaches. But what Count's pointing out here is essentially a criticism of the play calling more than it's an indictment of the offense in general. And coming from a player who's performing in this offense at a higher level than he has elsewhere at any point in his professional career, so it might be reading into things a bit to say he even has a problem with the play calling in general. He might just be a really honest dude talking about a couple of plays in a game where he was frustrated with the call.

That said, I'm not necessarily a fan of Linehan myself. And I do think there was a low-key revolt of sorts with his position coaches and probably Dez going on last year. I'm not sure exactly what all happened with it, but it was something more than has been reported in the media yet. I expect when Beasley moves on, we'll hear more about it still, as Beasley sort of has a big mouth and I think he's also not too thrilled with Linehan overall.

Yep. We as fans will never know everything that goes on at the Star, but there's been enough smoke leaking out the door WRT Linehan to suggest that there's a fire.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Linehan is a bum, I still consider him to be the worst OC in the NFL and nothing I've seen so far this season refutes that.

Ozone22

Reaction score
Let's just pray if this team goes deep in the playoff. Jerry isn't fooled into believing, Linehan has a great offensive scheme and keeps him around.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
In the past for Dak it was like this:

Dez, huffin and puffin back to the huddle. Throw me the damned ball, I'm Dez.

Young Prescott complied and damn same results

Now it's like this:

Cooper comes back to the huddle. Dak, they're sitting down on all these little curl routes man. I think I got em on a go route

Prescott: you sure man?

Young Prescott complied and flung the ball to Cooper for three TD's

Good job! Well executed. Zeke says feed me
THE END.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
Would love to hear from Linehan if this is part of some great plan. Always call the same crap to either lull the defense to sleep or to put more pressure on the QB and WR to audile out of plays to catch the defense sleeping. Or he admits he forgot to put other plays on the call sheet.
Hopefully, it's like some Texas Hold'em strategy where you do the same thing every time until you don't.

coult44

Reaction score
Would love to hear from Linehan if this is part of some great plan. Always call the same crap to either lull the defense to sleep or to put more pressure on the QB and WR to audile out of plays to catch the defense sleeping. Or he admits he forgot to put other plays on the call sheet.

He talks on Thursday right?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If you don't think there's a problem with play calling then I don't know what to tell you....the scheme AND play calling is about as unimaginative and poor as anyone could come up with. When my 6 year old son can call out what play is coming next well...you've got a serious problem. If my 6 year old can do it don't you think the team we're playing knows as well? No excuse for this kind of crap. We run less misdirection than almost any team in the league, even if we did the same type of stuff but incorporated a lot more misdirection it'd help a ton.
I am not defending him.

He needs to spin the offense more.

Not sure much is going to change if we win the division early.

There will be no ramped up offense to run.

Will be plain vanilla.

We can only hope Linehan spends his extra time retooling things.

cristglo

Reaction score
Amari's a quiet dude, so he hasn't said much all year, but he's dropped a few gems since the Philly game.

Exhibit A (OT Touchdown)

So, with the game on the line, Linehan called a play that everyone in the world saw coming. If that had been an interception, everyone would have blamed Dak, obviously.

Add to that all the other receivers that have trashed Linehan in the past, whether it's Dez, Butler, Hurns, Beasley, etc.

This guy has to go, and I don't know how the management is so foolish as to let this to continue.
If it wasnt for that stop route he wouldnt have a play to call

cristglo

Reaction score
I've been saying this for months.

This is no surprise to me.
I have to agree its just as much Jason fault for allowing the same freaking plays to be called over and over again. Linehan needs to go so does Jason but Im sure Jerry will keep Jason

Redline360

Reaction score
This is nothing new nor a surprise. Numerous players have called out the offensive plays being called through the years. Hell even other teams have mentioned knowing exactly the plays were calling.

I'm just glad Dak is finally starting to change the plays at the line.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Exhibit A (OT Touchdown)

Well we know that JG and the GM nearly let him go a year ago. I personally think that they didn't because they did not want to make the change just for the sake of change. Meaning that the OC that they wanted they either could not get or wasnt available. I pull for Linehan every week and will continue to do so as long as he is a coach on our team but I think at the end of the season he will be moved even if it means JG has to become the play caller which is not ideal for our team as a whole. With all of that said I'm hoping Linehan has his best play calling day of his career and if not I hope the communication between Dak his receivers remains open so that changes can be made on the fly.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Exhibit A (OT Touchdown)

this is probably the 12,387 post on Linehan.... so how do we think Linehan is doing as an OC? can we get some opinions on that?

:facepalm: