Twitter: Amari wants 2000 yards. Dak is ready baby!

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
You are so snore worthy.
9 games, both great and invisible.
You want to make a bet he get's over 1000 next season?
I'm down.

*barring injury to Amari.
Sorry Einstein Jr, but injury counts as part of the calculation. I’m fairly sure Vegas would get a chuckle out of that dopey remark.
I’ll think about it... I suspect the o/u is over 1,000 so I would need to take a closer look at the schedule to be sure of the margins.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Sorry Einstein Jr, but injury counts as part of the calculation. I’m fairly sure Vegas would get a chuckle out of that dopey remark.
I’ll think about it... I suspect the o/u is over 1,000 so I would need to take a closer look at the schedule to be sure of the margins.
Yeah... you do a deep dive into that hot shot.
And - this is not Vegas.
Whoa! Did I just blow your mind?! I think I did.
I said barring Amari's injury. Nobody else.
C'mon... c'mon. Let's do this. Make a sig bet, or something.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
They could give him 25 games this season and he's not getting that number with this QB. No chance in hell.

This ^^^, the best receivers in NFL history playing with HOF QB's have not been able to reach 2000 yards in a season, there is no way this duo can do it and quite frankly who would want them too? Better Amari gets 1000-1200 yards maybe 10 TD's and Zeke has another 1500 yard season and our number 2 receiver (whoever that turns out being) gets another 6-800 yards and 6-7 TD's

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I'm not mad.

But how about catching 20 TD's?

Now I know we're winning games.

Johnny23

Reaction score
No.

That means the defense has collapsed and Dak is throwing the ball 50 times a game.
No he can do it with a high yards per reception average. Irvin caught 111 balls in 1995 and 1600 yards with Troy throwing less than 500 passes. It just maximizing the receptions he gets and having more games like the Commanders and Eagles games. Dez's best season in 2014 he put up big numbers with Tony not throwing it 50 times a game. Matter of fact Tony's pass attempts were low aswell.

He will have to average 17-20 yard per catch. He could get the job done.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This ^^^, the best receivers in NFL history playing with HOF QB's have not been able to reach 2000 yards in a season, there is no way this duo can do it and quite frankly who would want them too? Better Amari gets 1000-1200 yards maybe 10 TD's and Zeke has another 1500 yard season and our number 2 receiver (whoever that turns out being) gets another 6-800 yards and 6-7 TD's
its always one way or another,, funny how it always has to be that way.
Better for this team if exactly what you said happens,, why is this rocket science.
Dak doesn't have to be great.
Coop doesn't have too shatter Rice records.
Zeke performs at the level he is expected.
Offensively that's a team that gets to the playoffs.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Am guessing defenses may play him different this year. Gallup will need to have big games also. And Cobb.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They could give him 25 games this season and he's not getting that number with this QB. No chance in hell.

That will because Dak will have thrown over 1900 yards to Gallup, 1500 to Witten and the TE's, 800 to Cobb, 800 to others leaving Cooper to only get 1999.

It would be a shame Cooper only needed 100 yards, but you can only get credit for a 99 yard TD fro the 1 inch line on that last play of the season, for the win to go 16-0

:p

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not with Dak throwing him the ball, he'd have to turn a lot of 5 yard passes into huge plays.

Well you can't throw 30 yard passes every play. I mean Joe Montana won a hell of al to throwing them 5 yarded to some guy named Jerry.
Well, did Joe ever throw it 30 yards or more that often. No, he did not.
Oh and Joe averaged just over 200 YPG for his career.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

Is it me or does he seem nervous? Anyway 2000 yards receiving for Amari would go a long way for us to reach the Superbowl for sure for sure?

Do you think the above is possible?

If Amari gets 2k yards we're throwing more than we should be with our middling talent under center.

We are also likely behind often at worst or Ina. Lot of close and high scoring games at best (but that'd be a stain on our defense we expect to be great this year).

Is it possible we have a great season and Amari gets 2k yards? Yes. Plausible? Hardly.