Twitter: Amari wants 2000 yards. Dak is ready baby!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2000 is very doubtful, with this run 1st team approach. Megatron got 1960, but all they did was throw to him, as I don't think they had a run game, and he could go deep, just throw the ball near him and he could out jump and catch it.

1500 from Zeke, and 1200 to 1400 from Cooper, Gallup can get near 1000, this could be like the triplets stats.
Which would result in wins most likely.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I never mind seeing guys put big goals in front of themselves. 2000 has never been done and I will say odds are clearly against Cooper of reaching that goal but none the less if a lofty goal as this leads to a big year by Cooper then it will only benefit him and this team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Amari gets 2k yards we're throwing more than we should be with our middling talent under center.

We are also likely behind often at worst or Ina. Lot of close and high scoring games at best (but that'd be a stain on our defense we expect to be great this year).

Is it possible we have a great season and Amari gets 2k yards? Yes. Plausible? Hardly.

Wonder what the odds are in Vegas of who will ge t2000 yards first, Cooper or Zeke. :muttley:

Yes, if he gets that many yards, it means Moore is more pass happy than Garrett was, and that Zeke is injured or suspended. So they would have to throw more. Or they are playing from behind a heck of a lot.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Is it me or does he seem nervous? Anyway 2000 yards receiving for Amari would go a long way for us to reach the Superbowl for sure for sure?

Do you think the above is possible?

Of course it's not possible. It has never happened before, and it's incredibly unrealistic to think the first time it does happen would be with a team that features a strong running game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Is it me or does he seem nervous? Anyway 2000 yards receiving for Amari would go a long way for us to reach the Superbowl for sure for sure?

Do you think the above is possible?

Anything is "possible", but I'd say that it's highly unlikely. But I don't have a problem with players being ambitious and setting lofty goals. Now is certainly the time for this kind of talk.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Is it me or does he seem nervous? Anyway 2000 yards receiving for Amari would go a long way for us to reach the Superbowl for sure for sure? Do you think the above is possible?
34cq6w.jpg

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
This ^^^, the best receivers in NFL history playing with HOF QB's have not been able to reach 2000 yards in a season, there is no way this duo can do it and quite frankly who would want them too? Better Amari gets 1000-1200 yards maybe 10 TD's and Zeke has another 1500 yard season and our number 2 receiver (whoever that turns out being) gets another 6-800 yards and 6-7 TD's
Got a agree. It all works together for the win column. It's still a team sport. We also don't have the best running back in the game for nothing. I like the 50 run 50 pass pill. Everything just works better.

dckid

Reaction score
No.

That means the defense has collapsed and Dak is throwing the ball 50 times a game.
Lol.
If Dak is throwing even close to 40 times a game we will win 6 or 7 games. This is our pattern under Garrett.
Good one year, bad the next. If we trot out the same garbage offense, where we run 50 gut every first down we got no shot.
Jerry is going to pay everyone, Dak, Cooper, Zeke & whoever else.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
16 games what 125 yards a game. Doesn't sound that outrageous

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No.

That means the defense has collapsed and Dak is throwing the ball 50 times a game.
How many yards of catch did Cooper average last season I don't know the number but that's the first question I would ask myself. One pass completion a quarter. Even at that minimum he could reach it

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Gallup having big numbers is the key
Force teams to cover both and get production across the board so teams can’t double him
No it's not, Gallup getting big numbers takes away from Cooper. There are only so many receiving yards to be had out there. Gallup needs to be a threat but if Cooper is to have 125 yards per game, Gallup can't be getting big numbers.