Twitter: Amari wants 2000 yards. Dak is ready baby!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I disagree
If the rest of the receivers are not effective then cooper will be doubled all day
Gallup getting 3-4 deep targets and hitting on them forces a safety over him. Moving the chains with the other guys opens up more passes to cooper because it gets you more plays
It also should help Zeke and the more effective Zeke is the better things are for cooper
Pressuring a defense from every direction stops them from scheming to stop a single guy
I never said anything about the other receivers not being effective. You misunderstand what I said. I even said Gallup needs to be a threat. If Cooper is going to get 125 yards receiving every game, there are only so many additional receiving yards to be had which is not conducive to another receiver getting big numbers. The other receivers can be effective without getting big numbers, like Cooper.

conner01

Reaction score
I never said anything about the other receivers not being effective. You misunderstand what I said. I even said Gallup needs to be a threat. If Cooper is going to get 125 yards receiving every game, there are only so many additional receiving yards to be had which is not conducive to another receiver getting big numbers. The other receivers can be effective without getting big numbers, like Cooper.
I get what you mean
They just have to be effective enough to stop double teams

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I get what you mean
They just have to be effective enough to stop double teams
No, they can get a few completions every game too but it's not going to be "big numbers" as you said about Gallup.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Is it me or does he seem nervous? Anyway 2000 yards receiving for Amari would go a long way for us to reach the Superbowl for sure for sure?

Do you think the above is possible?

and I want a Corvette.

So did Randy Moss and Tom Brady hit 2k? Jerry Rice and Steve Young? Peyton Manning and Wr XXXX???

This is just more pre season talk. 2000k bahahahhahaha
If Dez Bryant said this hed be getting blasted for being a selfish SOB.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It's nice to have goals. Megatron had about 1960 so I guess it's not as impossible as I thought it was. I think he'll be lucky to get 1500 though. I hope and expect Gallop has a really big year, and I don't think Coop is as dominating a player as Megatron was.

Coop did really well for us last year, but iirc some games he struggled to get over 60 yds. I'm fine with that because usually Dak was able to spread it out a bit to Gallop and Beasley (and in the NYG game the TEs :omg:). I don't want Dak to force balls to Coop if there are better options available.

edit: Also I think Dak is going to break 4k yds easy this year. He was close last year (3800+), with Coop not there for the first 7 or so games. If Dak has a better rapport with his starting wrs and Moore is just a little less predictable than Linehan it's doable. That will make the running game better and keep the defense fresh.

Megatron MUCH >Cooper

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
125 yards receiving per game, that's doable.

Well since no one has done it yet, I wouldn’t bet on it, However he did average 80 yards per game for 9 games with a QB he never played with before and without one single offseason practice with the offense or this team at all so adding 20-30 yards per game to that 80 doesn’t sound unreasonable. 1600+.

nobody

Reaction score
and I want a Corvette.

So did Randy Moss and Tom Brady hit 2k? Jerry Rice and Steve Young? Peyton Manning and Wr XXXX???

This is just more pre season talk. 2000k bahahahhahaha
If Dez Bryant said this hed be getting blasted for being a selfish SOB.

Dez was a team player, but he wanted the ball. All good receivers do....but what he didn't do was do everything in his power to learn his position to the best of his ability. He relied on his athletics, so he was selfish. He hurt the team with that.

Cooper has shown nothing but being a team player since coming to Dallas. If he says he wants 2000, that's fine. He'll still do what the team needs him to do, he just wants to have that goal too.

The way Dallas handled Dez sucked. But Dez did himself no favors. He was sacrificed to the temple of Linehan for calling out Linehan (rightfully so).

I'd still rather have Cooper than Dez just because Cooper knows what it takes to remain relevant once natural skill starts to decline due to age.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well since no one has done it yet, I wouldn’t bet on it, However he did average 80 yards per game for 9 games with a QB he never played with before and without one single offseason practice with the offense or this team at all so adding 20-30 yards per game to that 80 doesn’t sound unreasonable. 1600+.
It's a nice goal to have even if no one has ever done it before.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Anything is "possible", but I'd say that it's highly unlikely. But I don't have a problem with players being ambitious and setting lofty goals. Now is certainly the time for this kind of talk.
Anytime you give up a first round pick is ambitious.
Having the necessary weapons in your arsenal when the time is appropriate, when the build model meets the investment, that is a requirement to equal success.
The time was right to pull the trigger and cough up a top pick for Cooper, but that doesn't mean than Linehan should be let off,, no,, he was let go.. for that blunder.
This team is built at this moment to take those chances,, the time is now,, I personally don't really care who gets payed first, who gets payed the most, why should I, Im just a fan.
Im a fan that sees not only this team but the rest of the league as well, and I understand that looking at this current roster, this current cap, that now is the time to strike.
The window closes much more quickly now.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Is it me or does he seem nervous? Anyway 2000 yards receiving for Amari would go a long way for us to reach the Superbowl for sure for sure?

Do you think the above is possible?

no

conner01

Reaction score
No, they can get a few completions every game too but it's not going to be "big numbers" as you said about Gallup.
It’s not about big numbers
It’s about being open when teams try to take away cooper. If they can be there when teams scheme to stop cooper then teams will be forced to cover everyone

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It’s not about big numbers
It’s about being open when teams try to take away cooper. If they can be there when teams scheme to stop cooper then teams will be forced to cover everyone
Now you are just contradicting yourself. Here is your quote.

Gallup having big numbers is the key
Force teams to cover both and get production across the board so teams can’t double him

If it's not about big numbers then why did you say "Gallup having big numbers is the key?" I agree with what you just said but you had to move the goal post to get there. You are correct sir, it's not about big numbers.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've only seen 2 interviews, but I like Cooper. I love what he brings on the field.

Johnny23

Reaction score
If Michael Irvin can catch 111 balls with Emmitt breaking records himself toting the rock in 1995. In. League in 2019 that's conducive to passing the ball all over the field I think he could do it. With his home run abilities all you'd need is some crazy 150+ games. Like someone said if he wants it that would be motivation for him to have his best seaslm ever because he's going to get man coverage thanks to Zeke.