Ambar Garcia needs to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Female and foreigner. Why am I not surprised by the hate for her?

Bryan Broaddus has to dictate and have someone else write for him because he is incapable of doing it on his own. He says stupid **** regularly. Yet he gets a pass for his language skills and knowledge.

Nick and Dave give a bunch of informed opinion and fact and Ambar for all of the hate she gets gives a ton of insight from the access she gets with the players.

Don't get me wrong. I fast forwarded through her arguing with Nick last week but I was hardly calling for her firing.

For me though I find Mickey's unfounded arrogance and the untrustworthy Broaddus unwatchable.

robbieruff

Reaction score
I wish they would replace her with Cami Griffen, Cami really knows the game and is very pretty too (if that is a requirement).

Ever heard the expression "he/she has a face for radio"? There's a reason for it...

robbieruff

Reaction score

Bryan Broaddus has to dictate and have someone else write for him because he is incapable of doing it on his own. He says stupid **** regularly. Yet he gets a pass for his language skills and knowledge.

Nick and Dave give a bunch of informed opinion and fact and Ambar for all of the hate she gets gives a ton of insight from the access she gets with the players.

Don't get me wrong. I fast forwarded through her arguing with Nick last week but I was hardly calling for her firing.

For me though I find Mickey's unfounded arrogance and the untrustworthy Broaddus unwatchable.
Watching a Bryan Broaddus segment be like...queue Matt Foley:

Last edited:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

Pfffft.... People don't like her or agree with your opinion so they must by a sexist or hate foreigners. Get out of here with that nonsense.

robbieruff

Reaction score
She is on the show and covering the Boys because the organization is always looking to engage and continue to draw a Latino audience...in other words she is not nor will she ever be about pulling in viewership from us fools hangin' out in the forum (for the most part). The Cowboys are taking a cue from Spanish television (Univison/Telemundo) and the way they approach sports coverage (Republica Deportiva is a prime example - LOVE THAT SHOW!!!), which ALWAYS relies on a bevy of eye candy. Not saying it's right or wrong (although I must confess I have paused on the shows for JUST a few minutes while channel surfing because I wanted to know more about Mexican League Soccer ;)), but it is the WAY IT'S DONE! And there's clearly an indication that there's been some success as her role in the Cowboys media platform has continued to expand...because, you know, they MEASURE that stuff these days (sigh).

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I don't really see this at all. Lots of people don't like Broaddus and call him out regularly. But at least he's played and been involved with the NFL. I don't see that he gets a pass at all. Like wise with Mickey. He has been close to the organization for years but lots of people hate the guy.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't really see this at all. Lots of people don't like Broaddus and call him out regularly. But at least he's played and been involved with the NFL. I don't see that he gets a pass at all. Like wise with Mickey. He has been close to the organization for years but lots of people hate the guy.

Of course you don't.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah I hate when people try to box folks into the you're some type of ist because you don't agree with their view on something. It's annoying and most times lazy as heck.

Again please point out who I boxed in? If you feel guilty then that is on you and I suggest introspection.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Again please point out who I boxed in? If you feel guilty then that is on you and I suggest introspection.
I think you feel guilty I wasn't quoting you but you felt compelled to reply back. I think you should take your own advice

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Its impossible to apply to me and if you so choose could find my post in them threads to back me up. It's just dang near everytime somebody start that stuff you posted are putting on the cape for women that I rarely see done if a man is a target. It's quite annoying actually that's why I quoted you.

I'm amused by it tbo. Don't be annoyed ;-)

TheHerd

Reaction score

I'm with you on Mick and Broaddus. I'm happy they are on the same show so I can skip it.

Ambar is fine. She doesn't pretend to be a know it all, she isn't obnoxious, she doesn't talk down to everyone. She's growing on me as the show progresses.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
i used to really like listening to The Break on the Cowboys website but it had become to0 painful to follow. Ambar Garcia has no business being on that show. She has limited football knowledge and is a babbling fool that is not articulate in an way.

I like the dynamic of having a woman on the show but have someone that knows the game - even understanding the basics would help - and can speak clearly.

There are woman out there that know the game, are well spoken and can speak Spanish.

I can't listen to this show anymore.

What is your take people?
That's why I like having fun on the Ticket

BigD16

Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority - I like Ambar on the break. She has opinions and reasoning behind it. Yes, her English isn't the best, but it is improving since last year.

Also, I believe Taylor needs to speak less. It's as if she's getting paid by the syllable. Echoing the last person speaking is not information, just annoying.
I agree with this. I like Ambar a lot more than Taylor Stern. Taylor is only the second person on either show (the break or talking Cowboys) to ruin a show for me. Who's the first? Mickey Spagnola, I can't stand that guy.

I'm just happy that the break is actually tolerable again.

Status
Not open for further replies.