American Idol season 10

kristie

Reaction score
the show comes back on wednesday. steven tyler & jennifer lopez join randy jackson at the judges table. no simon cowell. he's working on the x-factor. there are many changes that are going to happen on the show. there is also the prediction that a girl will win this season.

as for me, i was planning on not watching this upcoming season, but because of steven tyler & j-lo, i'm now curious & am going to watch. i intend to keep an open mind about this & not get attached to certain contestant.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
How is there a prediction as to who will win besides simple speculation, unless you believe in a conspiracy ?

Simple show to me, I watch the funny try outs, and never vote...I am amazed at the number of votes if nothing else. But I think America is batting .500 or less at this point.

kristie

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;3806986 said:
How is there a prediction as to who will win besides simple speculation, unless you believe in a conspiracy ?

Simple show to me, I watch the funny try outs, and never vote...I am amazed at the number of votes if nothing else. But I think America is batting .500 or less at this point.[/quote]

with the way the voting has been going the last 3 years, i agree with you on that.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The judges have never had very good taste IMO, and I stopped watching years ago as it became kind of a joke. The voting is done backwards from how it should be done. It's not at all accurate as it is now.

kristie

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3807007 said:
The judges have never had very good taste IMO, and I stopped watching years ago as it became kind of a joke. The voting is done backwards from how it should be done. It's not at all accurate as it is now.

well, i'm hoping with the two new judges that things will be different.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
My prediction for this season is it will be the last season. It won't survive without Simon. IMO

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3807077 said:
My prediction for this season is it will be the last season. It won't survive without Simon. IMO

It started a hard downhill turn with Kara. I had a hard time stomaching last season and have no interest in this one.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will probably do my yearly thing of watching the try out portions of the show just so see those pretending to be really bad and those that are really bad.

But even that will probably suck without simon ripping on them.

Love Steven Tyler and aerosmith but the show won't be the same with out the heel, the heavy, the bad guy...simon.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3807134 said:
I will probably do my yearly thing of watching the try out portions of the show just so see those pretending to be really bad and those that are really bad.

But even that will probably suck without simon ripping on them.

Love Steven Tyler and aerosmith but the show won't be the same with out the heel, the heavy, the bad guy...simon.

My guess is Randy will try to fill in that role.....it won't work.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;3807167 said:
My guess is Randy will try to fill in that role.....it won't work.

They should just be happy that they have had a long run. I mean it has had huge ratings for some time now, I would imagine even if this season is the last, it will still get enough viewers to justify putting it out there.

But just be done with it IMO.

Meh what do I care...like I said I just like the first few weeks of it...the rest is just pre packaged teeny bopper stuff for the most part anyway, which does not interest me at all.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
I don't watch it. It's way too predictable to me. I pretty much predicted last year Mike being the one who would get a 2nd chance, it was so obvious.

Well if you don't watch it, how did you know that, tupperware?

I HAVE to listen to it. My girlfriend watches it in the same room the PC is in, so yeah.

These kinds of shows and other reality TV type shows are incredibly boring and never hold my attention. I have my own version of reality to deal with without having to watch someone else live theirs.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3807274 said:
I quit watching it 3 years ago.

This show has run its course.

Yup. I said two years ago that the show was dying, which no one wanted to believe because the ratings were still high but the show has lost its relevance.

Youtube has fostered more successful stars than Idol ever has or ever will.

kristie

Reaction score
TheCount;3807367 said:
Yup. I said two years ago that the show was dying, which no one wanted to believe because the ratings were still high but the show has lost its relevance.

Youtube has fostered more successful stars than Idol ever has or ever will.

has it? the only ones i know of are justin bieber & grayson chance(the boy who sang the lady gaga song).

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
kristie;3808192 said:
has it? the only ones i know of are justin bieber & grayson chance(the boy who sang the lady gaga song).

So basically only the Bieber kid.
Never even heard of the other person.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Carrie Underwood was the last season the show found a superstar. Ever since Season 4, its been downhill.

Theres only been 2, maybe 3 success stories. Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry.

This show is on life support. Wouldnt be surprised if this is the last season.

I am tuning in just for curiosity. I think they will be looking for another country singer ala Carrie.

Audiman

Reaction score
I'm going to not watch this season, just like I haven't watched any of the other seasons. it's a pretty terrible show...

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
kristie;3808192 said:

Don't forget soulja boy. lol.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
kristie;3808192 said:

There are plenty of lists on the web of musicians that make a very good living through Youtube, and it's not just musicians.

You don't need 3 people drinking Coke behind a desk to make you a star these days. Heck, a lot of the time it wasn't even the person that won the show that went on to be the most successful from their season.