Americas Team-93 Cowboys brings out the emotion in me, how about you?

yimyammer

Reaction score
Man this episode brigs back a range of emotions I still feel almost as intensely today as I did the day they were evoked by my beloved Cowboys:

Right from the start of the show when they recap the previous Super Bowl Win I'm recalling the exhilaration and joy I had while watching them make the run to the 92 Super Bowl win.

To the aggravation and anger over Jerry not paying Emmitt to start 1993

To the pride of seeing the team rebound from 0-2

To even more pride and awe at Emmits' performance to close the year at the NY Giants for the division

To the utter amazement and happiness of seeing Jimmy give his famous prediction prior to the 490er game and

To even more joy and laughter as they live up to the prediction by wiping out the hated Niners capped by JJ's "How bout dem Cowboys!" (Which never gets old)

To the satisfaction of going back to back

To shock, horror and disgust as I am reminded of the egotistical stupidity of Jimmy and Jerry not at least been able to work together one more year for a run at a three-peat

To the melancholy, sadness and longing for a day and time I will most likely never see & experience again.

The team of 90’s was magical and we’re so lucky to have had such a wonderful experience.

Damn, those guys spoiled me rotten!!

How bout them Cowboys!!

risco

Reaction score
yimyammer;2486664 said:
Man this episode brigs back a range of emotions I still feel almost as intensely today as I did the day they were evoked by my beloved Cowboys:

Right from the start of the show when they recap the previous Super Bowl Win I'm recalling the exhilaration and joy I had while watching them make the run to the 92 Super Bowl win.

To the aggravation and anger over Jerry not paying Emmitt to start 1993

To the pride of seeing the team rebound from 0-2

To even more pride and awe at Emmits' performance to close the year at the NY Giants for the division

To the utter amazement and happiness of seeing Jimmy give his famous prediction prior to the 490er game and

To even more joy and laughter as they live up to the prediction by wiping out the hated Niners capped by JJ's "How bout dem Cowboys!" (Which never gets old)

To the satisfaction of going back to back

To shock, horror and disgust as I am reminded of the egotistical stupidity of Jimmy and Jerry not at least been able to work together one more year for a run at a three-peat

To the melancholy, sadness and longing for a day and time I will most likely never see & experience again.

The team of 90’s was magical and we’re so lucky to have had such a wonderful experience.

Damn, those guys spoiled me rotten!!

How bout them Cowboys!!

The episodes with the current Cowboys bring out a range of emotions too: to stress and anger- to astonishment and trepidation - to nooo and *** damn, to horror and disgust-- to happiness and joy-- to longing and sadness-- to admiration and surprise all in an effort to do it again year after year. This has been one hell of a roller coaster ride my friend.

yimyammer

Reaction score
risco;2486813 said:
The episodes with the current Cowboys bring out a range of emotions too: to stress and anger- to astonishment and trepidation - to nooo and *** damn, to horror and disgust-- to happiness and joy-- to longing and sadness-- to admiration and surprise all in an effort to do it again year after year. This has been one hell of a roller coaster ride my friend.

The difference with the 90's Cowboys is they always gave us an American Movie ending (happy ending where the good guy wins)

Whereas the current Cowboys give us a European movie ending (terrible ending where everyone dies, the good guy fails and you leave the theater depressed)

Maybe Jerry can hire the Disney Corp to be our new GM.

Hah! Right!! What the heck am I thinking? Nothings gonna change until Jerry is 6 feet under

stiletto

Reaction score
The 90's Cowboys had problems too in the locker room and outside of football just like the current Cowboys. Only difference is that once the whistle blew the 92-95 Cowboys would DOMINATE nearly every team and play amazing football especially at the end of the season. The current team has all the talent in the world but there is no leadership to hold them together and the problems carry over onto the field. It really is as simple as that. At least there is never a dull moment as a Cowboys fan!

risco

Reaction score
stiletto;2486916 said:
The 90's Cowboys had problems too in the locker room and outside of football just like the current Cowboys. Only difference is that once the whistle blew the 92-95 Cowboys would DOMINATE nearly every team and play amazing football especially at the end of the season. The current team has all the talent in the world but there is no leadership to hold them together and the problems carry over onto the field. It really is as simple as that. At least there is never a dull moment as a Cowboys fan!

And back then we did not have the reporting outlets we have now. I think prodigy was the only online reporting avenue.

stiletto

Reaction score
risco;2486939 said:
And back then we did not have the reporting outlets we have now. I think prodigy was the only online reporting avenue.

That's certainly a factor but I'm not sure the players went and ran their mouths to reporters "secretly" like is going on with this team. No leadership or accountability. Just a bunch of spoiled babies. All of 'em.

risco

Reaction score
stiletto;2486957 said:
That's certainly a factor but I'm not sure the players went and ran their mouths to reporters "secretly" like is going on with this team. No leadership or accountability. Just a bunch of spoiled babies. All of 'em.

I concur-