Analyzing what we know and what we think we know, our next OC likely a Parcells/Payton disciple

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He has been Brees QB coach for years so if nothing else he should be very good for Dak. The Saints are also a modern, high production offense that he's been involved with.

Maybe he's not the best candidate but I think our offense improves if he comes onboard. Add in all the other stuff the OP mentioned and I think there's a strong chance that Lombardi is in the plans, for better or worse. This move has JJ written all over it.

I think that the Campbell is a good coach. I just don't think he would be able to call plays and draw up a scheme that can utilize Dak's game style. Garrett is not an X and Os type of guy. So is Campbell. In fact, him and Garrett have similar styles.

What we need is a play-caller that knows how to use Dak. Kubiak, Haley or any of the other coaches from the final four teams would suffice. Heck, I'd rather have an innovative college coach.

If Campbell was replacing Garrett than I would be fine with that. But he'll be given the task to call plays and draw up a scheme. I don't want to use that same old tired playbook over again.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
JOE LOMBARDI is the key. They want him to work with Dak. Campbell could ACTUALLY be the HC if you think about it...and Lombardi would be the QB coach and OC.

Whats so special about Joe Lombardi? I don't get it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
What we need is a play-caller that knows how to use Dak. Kubiak, Haley or any of the other coaches from the final four teams would suffice.
I am not trying to be insulting but this comment really tells me that all you want is something other than the familiar and it if comes from the Rams, Saints, Pats or Chiefs, you are good.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Nobody can ever answer that.

It gets even a little more awkward when you mention his colossal failure in Detroit.

OMG he has a history in Detroit? If that's the case no thanks. We don't need another guy with a history in Detroit.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I am not trying to be insulting but this comment really tells me that all you want is something other than the familiar and it if comes from the Rams, Saints, Pats or Chiefs, you are good.

I certainly want a change from the status quo. We've been this path before where many times we hired someone who has a history with this team. Time to go on a different than the one that's familiar.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
I'd like to see Garrett canned and Jerry throw money at Josh McDaniels , the Patriots don't chuck the ball downfield but score points. They bring dink and dunk to a whole new level.
The Boys get them a scat back and TE and they'd be fine. The Patriots take advantage of match ups and change their game plan accordingly.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'd like to see Garrett canned and Jerry throw money at Josh McDaniels , the Patriots don't chuck the ball downfield but score points. They bring dink and dunk to a whole new level.
The Boys get them a scat back and TE and they'd be fine. The Patriots take advantage of match ups and change their game plan accordingly.

They have like possibly just 5 plays in their playbook with a whole plethora of deviations. That's why they can easily plug and play just about any offensive player and can become productive almost instantly.

Alexander

Reaction score
And McDaniels is not sitting around waiting for Jerry Jones to back up the Brinks truck.

That is not how these things work.

Alexander

Reaction score
how do these things work?
It does not start with a comfortable assistant waiting on his head coach to step down.

It also does not start when that same coach has basically said he is fine where he is.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
It does not start with a comfortable assistant waiting on his head coach to step down.

It also does not start when that same coach has basically said he is fine where he is.
put in a call ask him what will it take to get you to come to Dallas?
Who's shoes would you rather try and fill ...Bill or Jasons?

Alexander

Reaction score
put in a call ask him what will it take to get you to come to Dallas?
You clearly are not putting a lot of thought into this.

So, if Stephen calls him up, it means something?

It has absolutely ZERO chance of happening, so why bother?

Rayman70

Reaction score
So again, what is so special about him besides the fact he is currently on the Saints staff?

For all we know, he is a more mature version of Kellen Moore. A toadie who knows how the game works.
ask the Cowboys.