CFZ And then there were 6

Jumbo075

Reaction score
After merely 5 weeks of play, there are only 6 teams remaining in the NFL with 1 or fewer losses:

5-0 Philadelphia Eagles
4-1 Buffalo Bills
4-1 Minnesota Vikings
3-1 Kansas City Chiefs
4-1 Dallas Cowboys
4-1 New York Giants

Of these 6 teams, only 2 of them were expected to be this good, this early in the season - Buffalo and Kansas City. The other 4 are all NFC teams that are playing better than expected. Even Philadelphia, who many expected to rise to the top of the NFC East this season, wasn’t expected to be undefeated 5 games into the season. The catch for the Eagles is that they still haven’t played either of the two teams nipping at their heels in the NFC east.

Next Sunday night will be a good test for both the Eagles and Cowboys. But neither can write off the Giants, who finally have a coach who knows how to put his players in situations where they can win.

The good news for the Cowboys is even if they lose Sunday, their offense is slated to get even better when 4 injured Cowboys offensive players return from injury - QB Dak Prescott, HOF LT Tyron Smith, HOF Olineman Jason Peters, and WR James Washington. If the Cowboys can return to their league leading offensive production from just a season ago, this team might become just as frightening in the NFC and the Bills team is in the AFC. Could a 3rd Super Bowl between the Cowboys and Bills be in the offing?

P.S. And even the Cowboys Defense, as good as it already is, could become even faster with the addition of speedy and talented rookie LB Damone Clark.

ghst187

Reaction score
Bills we’re pretty good last year.

I’d say to me they were clearly the best team in the league last year and I think they beat the Rams by two scores if they would’ve gotten past Cincy who was just living off a streak of unbelievable luck. And further, I have to admit the 49ers were probably the best NFC team but very thankful they didn’t make it.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I’d say to me they were clearly the best team in the league last year and I think they beat the Rams by two scores if they would’ve gotten past Cincy who was just living off a streak of unbelievable luck. And further, I have to admit the 49ers were probably the best NFC team but very thankful they didn’t make it.

They didn’t play Cincy, they got beat by KC who got beat by Cincy

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Mahomes is great but I think it's more Andy Reid. Reid did the same thing in Philly with McNabb who was a career 58% passer. Reid is one of the best HCs around.

Both Mahomes and Allen have special arm talent. The NFC doesn’t have any QB’s that can match them. The NFC has old QB’s in Rodgers and Brady that might be able to beat them with veteran savvy. And the NFC has some defenses that might be able to slow them down. But those two, along with the kid playing for the Chargers, are the best young QB’s in the game.

P.S. I never liked Sam Darnold in Josh Allen’s draft year, and Baker Mayfield benefitted from the success of Russ Wilson (another short QB). But I would have taken Allen over Mayfield, Darnold and the kid from UCLA that year if I had been the Browns’ GM.