Andy Dalton | 2019 Highlights - Looks pretty good

Qcard

Reaction score
I know Bengals fans are somewhere looking at us like we are pathetic right now lol.......meanwhile they are happy to have Burrow.
These Dak DiNucci 2020 Haters have found a way to conjure up some mythical 8-8 run in the NFC East with Dalton....
If Dalton starts for Dallas we will have the OLDEST, least productive QB starting in tRifle.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
These Dak DiNucci 2020 Haters have found a way to conjure up some mythical 8-8 run in the NFC East with Dalton....
If Dalton starts for Dallas we will have the OLDEST, least productive QB starting in tRifle.
I'd rather start Dinucci than waste time with "The Red Rifle".

Adreme

Reaction score
Oh no sir....Dak is a winner. Dalton is average to good at best over his career. They are not the same guy.

I would not even go as far as to say good. I had to watch a lot of him. There were years where the Bengals were stacked on offense. Great WRs, two good RBs, solid TE play,and an above average line, and the numbers put out were worse than Dak's career low season. If he were even a remotely good QB, he would still be the QB of the Bengals right now. He was on a cheap deal and is not exactly old.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would not even go as far as to say good. I had to watch a lot of him. There were years where the Bengals were stacked on offense. Great WRs, two good RBs, solid TE play,and an above average line, and the numbers put out were worse than Dak's career low season. If he were even a remotely good QB, he would still be the QB of the Bengals right now. He was on a cheap deal and is not exactly old.
Same argument I made.....if Dalton was half as good as people say he is why did they move on from him? Its not like he's 40 years old.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Problem with the Bengals most of Daltons career was the Oline and also the defense. Dalton is NOT a guy that handles pressure well. If he gets time to throw he is as good as anyone. IN the playoffs, against better teams they would get to Dalton and he simply couldn't handle it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah, we should bring rush back. it seems some guys are getting scared dalton can do the same or better than dak. smh
Yep scared is correct!
Wait till Dak starts stinking it up how they will worry about Dalton coming into the game.

Adreme

Reaction score
Problem with the Bengals most of Daltons career was the Oline and also the defense. Dalton is NOT a guy that handles pressure well. If he gets time to throw he is as good as anyone. IN the playoffs, against better teams they would get to Dalton and he simply couldn't handle it.

I mean the Bengals had a very good front 7 (basically a staple of the AFC North back then), but their secondary was not great which also hurt them against better QBs.

Basically, they looked okay against the dregs because the DLine and AJ Green could carry. Playoff QBs could find the open guy and defenses were good enough to not let the "chuck it to AJ Green and pray" strategy work. He held that team back in a bad way which is unfortunate because they were really loaded during that 5-7 year window they had.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
hoofbite said
Andy Dalton is not good. He's average. He'll cost you just as many games as he wins. At this stage in his career, he's at best an 8-8 QB without the consistency to string together enough games for a legitimate playoff run.

and super dak with all his weapons ended up at 8-8 but it wasn't his fault he plays on a great team and daltons team sucks.. but dak is better.
LOL that pretty much sums it up how some think.
What gets me is how some seem to be able to predict how dalton would do almost exactly with the cowboy offense!
Amazing lol , they should use that power to buy some lottery tickets.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I mean the Bengals had a very good front 7 (basically a staple of the AFC North back then), but their secondary was not great which also hurt them against better QBs.

Basically, they looked okay against the dregs because the DLine and AJ Green could carry. Playoff QBs could find the open guy and defenses were good enough to not let the "chuck it to AJ Green and pray" strategy work. He held that team back in a bad way which is unfortunate because they were really loaded during that 5-7 year window they had.

Yep...……..they were a good team, but Dalton had things that got exposed against good competition and so did the defense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
hoofbite said
Andy Dalton is not good. He's average. He'll cost you just as many games as he wins. At this stage in his career, he's at best an 8-8 QB without the consistency to string together enough games for a legitimate playoff run.

LOL that pretty much sums it up how some think.
What gets me is how some seem to be able to predict how dalton would do almost exactly with the cowboy offense!
Amazing lol , they should use that power to buy some lottery tickets.

They talk high standards and making the SB is all that matters. Then they don't want to pay Dak and go with a lessor QB for kicks. LOL

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No, your post specifically noted no throws behind a receiver, which is a comment people make against Dak, and you mentioned 6 running TDs and added “how many did Dak have”.

Accordingly, your post and this thread was not intended just to show Dalton still had an arm, it was to suggest he is better than Dak.

So my comment stands - Dalton is a good player, but this is a highlight film meant to show his highlights, not a comprehensive and balanced view from which to evaluate.
I never said he was better than dak , till I watched the HL, and most of one whole game from 2018. Now I think even older,
he is for sure a better passer, gets the ball out quicker, and maybe reads defenses better.
I would like to see him play with this current cowboy offense, and see what happens.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Maybe but considering we don’t trade players and get value for them and we had Dak for $4 million over 4 years and we neglected to pull the trigger on impact free agents doesn’t give me any confidence whatsoever the $24 million savings would be put to good use.
to be honest, you have a legit point, i dont know what they were doing when dak was cheap.
But I would have to think they would do better than if they pay dak 32-40 mil a year, then they will really be cheap.

Qcard

Reaction score
Exactly...Bengals were respectful of Dalton because he was always great for community but he's been below average for the past 40 NFL starts.. occasional great game but no consistency...

8-24 in last to years pathetic

Qcard

Reaction score
Yep...……..they were a good team, but Dalton had things that got exposed against good competition and so did the defense.
Exactly... Dalton is 5-19 in Prime time games

One TD 6 Ints 0-4 in playoffs

Cowboys won't be able to hide Dalton on our schedule....every game is Prime time

Dalton will fold under the lights

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said he was better than dak , till I watched the HL, and most of one whole game from 2018. Now I think even older,
he is for sure a better passer, gets the ball out quicker, and maybe reads defenses better.
I would like to see him play with this current cowboy offense, and see what happens.

Not in exact words, but it’s a stretch to say you weren’t indicating that by saying he doesn’t throw behind receivers and Dak fell short of Dalton in rushing TDs. You were clearly making that connection, and not just saying Dalton still has good arm strength. And obviously you are doing the same thing with this post.

Again, and again, while I agree Dalton is a good player, a highlight reel is not a fair and unbiased way to evaluate because, by definition, it is showing highlights and not a comprehensive view.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score

Well watch the atl vs cin game I posted in this thread I think, page 1, and cin and atl scored tds every time they had the ball lol
they had 1 fg and 7 tds the first half and the fg was because atl ran out of time.
So right there , i see why dalton had hard time winning, is the other teams can score at will if they can pass good.
It is a good game to watch dalton throw the ball, he hit one guy on a deep pass, in stride right on target, really nice pass.