Andy Dalton | 2019 Highlights - Looks pretty good

Swagger

Reaction score
The bozos on this board will take anyone who’ll come cheaper than Dak. They don’t think the QB matters...idiots!
Would you take Dalton, Ngakoue, Griffen/Clowney and a 3rd round 2021 draft pick or Dak Prescott?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Would you take Dalton, Ngakoue, Griffen and a 3rd round 2021 draft pick or Dak Prescott?

No! We wouldn’t win crap with Dalton. Check out his playoff numbers.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dalton is a good player, but this is a highlight film. It’s designed to highlight a player. Any QB can look great on a highlight film.
true, but I posted it to show he can still throw the ball, and run, people were talking about his arm was gone, and he was old, like he was on crutches or something.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So you would rather have Dak Prescott?

Obviously the 3rd round draft pick could be used with other picks to trade up in the first round for a rookie QB in 2021.

I would rather have Dak. Drafting a rookie QB guarantees you nothing!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
you have a crystal ball?? lol
and we havent won crap in 4 years with dak.

We haven’t won crap in 20+ years. You honestly think it’s because of the QBs we’ve had? lol

Swagger

Reaction score
I would rather have Dak. Drafting a rookie QB guarantees you nothing!
Fair enough.

I would rather have Lawrence, Ngakoue and Griffin/Clowney tearing it up from the front.

Dalton could manage games to the level Prescott did last season and we draft a QB in 2021.

Our defensive front would be scary good and that's what got the 49ers to the SB. Chiefs had a good pass rush as well.

Prescott isn't a game changing playmaker and he wouldn't be difficult to replace. If he wasn't durable them he would have been driving a lorry three years back.

Swagger

Reaction score
I don't want to hear about the intangibles either. Good grief the amount of **** that people continue to drivel out to support Prescott.

People get it. He's durable and everything he says is from a textbook. Amazing. I don't think any rookie QB in the future would be able to follow such a great act.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Fair enough.

I would rather have Lawrence, Ngakoue and Griffin/Clowney tearing it up from the front.

Dalton could manage games to the level Prescott did last season and we draft a QB in 2021.

Our defensive front would be scary good and that's what got the 49ers to the SB. Chiefs had a good pass rush as well.

Prescott isn't a game changing playmaker and he wouldn't be difficult to replace. If he wasn't durable them he would have been driving a lorry three years back.

I completely disagree with just about everything you said.

Swagger

Reaction score
How many games did Dak Prescott play a key role in the team winning last season?

How many games would the team have won with Andy Dalton last season?

When the front office were faced with Prescott's demands for a new contract it's pertinent questions such as those above which explain why Dak Prescott is playing on a tag.

I.e. he wasn't worth it. Simple as that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
:muttley:Oh, the pain the pain!!!
What the heck you guys gonna do here when Dak is gone???

You’re the one suffering he’s not going anywhere. Enjoy the 2020 season pulling against him every week hoping Dalton takes over. I don’t know how any fan could enjoy a season pulling against their teams starting QB. When he eventually signs his contract you’ll disappear.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re the one suffering he’s not going anywhere. Enjoy the 2020 season pulling against him every week hoping Dalton takes over. I don’t know how any fan could enjoy a season pulling against their teams starting QB. When he eventually signs his contract you’ll disappear.

Our support for Dak is universal when he's on the field as the Star is before all.
The problem is he keeps disappointing us when we get our @@@@ handed to us by good opponents!
Does your Dak love unable you to understand the problem?
Nah you got the Dak fever and it runs deep within you....pretty pathetic and you have my sympathies cause I'm pretty sure you were at some point a Cowboy fan!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Our support for Dak is universal when he's on the field as the Star is before all.
The problem is he keeps disappointing us when we get our @@@@ handed to us by good opponents!
Nah you got the Dak fever and it runs deep within you....pretty pathetic and you have my sympathies cause I'm pretty sure you were at some point a Cowboy fan!
"they're going to get a deal done any day now, and you loser will have to find another team". we going to hear that all season too. :lmao:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Dude he had a career high of 463 yards against a Packers team that made it to the NFC title game. We didn’t lose that game because of him we lost it because of our defense! He put up almost 400 yards against a very good Vikings team but again our defense didn’t get it done. He’s played very well against good teams over his career. Our defense got shredded by Carson Wentz late in the season. Despite having nothing at receiver he ate us up! Our problem isn’t our QB. We got rid of the biggest problem the head coach now we need to fix the defense.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Watch this, no throws behind the wr, and most are right on the numbers!
doesnt look old or done to me.
Also he ran for 6 td's, how many did dak have?

highlights for 2019 11 minutes

People will tend to look good in their highlites, but one thing jumped out at me. Dalton just gets rid of the ball. Maybe only a handful of these that he didn't get out of his hands within a second of completing his drop.

On rushing TDs, Dak had 6 each of his first 3 years, but only 3 last year.

Dalton only had 4 last year, in the top half of his years. In his glory days he used to run up to 60 times a year, but that tailed off in his 30s. He's 33 this year.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaltAn00.htm