Andy Dalton Appreciation Thread

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He had a rating over 100 before the INT late. He wasnt great, but he kept us in the game until things fell apart late

Blackspider214

Reaction score
He had a rating over 100 before the INT late. He wasnt great, but he kept us in the game until things fell apart late

Lmao. This is exactly what Dak did. We were in every single game late. I mean late. With Dalton, we have only had a chance to win one game in the last minutes and that was the one last week. 4 starts and 3 of them have not been good. He had us at 0/3 in the redzone. He's a dink and dunk QB who might hit the occasional pass down the sidelines. He has no idea how to work the middle of the field for big chunks. He's scared to throw it there. Signs of a subpar QB. This is where you big up big chunks to move the ball down field. Something Dak does much better. Dalton needs every single thing to go right to even have a chance to win. Go look at his career at Cincy. Same thing there. But there, he had a great defense to keep the games close and bail him out. And it made him look better than he was.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lmao. This is exactly what Dak did. We were in every single game late. I mean late. With Dalton, we have only had a chance to win one game in the last minutes and that was the one last week. 4 starts and 3 of them have not been good. He had us at 0/3 in the redzone. He's a dink and dunk QB who might hit the occasional pass down the sidelines. He has no idea how to work the middle of the field for big chunks. He's scared to throw it there. Signs of a subpar QB. This is where you big up big chunks to move the ball down field. Something Dak does much better. Dalton needs every single thing to go right to even have a chance to win. Go look at his career at Cincy. Same thing there. But there, he had a great defense to keep the games close and bail him out. And it made him look better than he was.
Im not saying he set the world on fire. He is a back up QB at this point in his career. But he wasnt awful yesterday

FVSTONE

Reaction score
31 points

3 Td passes on the road

:dance::dance::dance:
I personally would appreciate Andy "The Red Weenie " Dalton a lot more if he would call a press conference telling all of the Cowboy Nation that he was quitting this team because he sucks as a football player and that his wife is threatening to leave him if he continue to shame the Cowboy uniform.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Im not saying he set the world on fire. He is a back up QB at this point in his career. But he wasnt awful yesterday
Are you serious, he was terrible yesterday. It's like he doesn't trust anyone with a D on their helmet and when he did let it go it was either too high or too low or he didn't lead the receiver enough or it was thrown behind the receiver. After yesterday's debacle it's time to retire THE RED WEENIE and start the kids.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yesterday we were reminded what Dalton looks like when the offense doesn't rush for 180 yards. We had those same two garbage tackles earlier this season, with no rushing game, and scored a lot more than 16 points. Howdy Doody was watching from the sideline.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lmao, you stat prescott worshipers are pathetic. Remember the Atlanta game where Smith was out and super stats prescott went into shell shock for that game and the rest of the season, and half of the next one. one guy out, let super stats play behind this offensive line would be funny. smh the legend of stats prescott continues to grow. smdh.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I fully agree with you, that’s why I have said Dak would better appreciated somewhere else.
Effem!!! I appreciate Dak just fine. Let those clowns go support another team who has all the players that fit their criteria. Oh wait!! There’s no football team like that in existence. :muttley:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Took some very stupid sacks that don't show up in QB Rating.....

mr rocy--i agree Dalton did not play horribly...he is not the issue we are a dumpster fire...do you know who is/...MM Mccarthy...he makes me almost long for Garrett....i almost had a complete nervous breakdown watching game yesterday

i blame it all 100% on Jerry and McCarthey...we are no longer Dallas Cowboys..we are the Dallas Dumpster fire

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
mr rocy--i agree Dalton did not play horribly...he is not the issue we are a dumpster fire...do you know who is/...MM Mccarthy...he makes me almost long for Garrett....i almost had a complete nervous breakdown watching game yesterday

i blame it all 100% on Jerry and McCarthey...we are no longer Dallas Cowboys..we are the Dallas Dumpster fire
I agree to an extent but McCaarthy is coaching like he has a bad team. He’s going for it on 4th down because he knows he doesn’t have a team that can’t score or stop anyone.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Appears that there's a lot of similarities between Dalton and Dak....apart for the salary.

Makes you wonder why we'd bother paying $38m+, hardly value for money.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Appears that there's a lot of similarities between Dalton and Dak....apart for the salary.

Makes you wonder why we'd bother paying $38m+, hardly value for money.

Well except Dak can make the most of a bad situation and can overcome mistakes and have you in ball games to win. Dalton can not do that at all aside from one game of 4 starts. If you watch these games and think there is no real difference between the two, you are either football dumb or have an agenda against Dak.

Dalton's one win came with Dallas giving up 28pts. Do you realize if our defense only gave up 28 for every one of Dak's starts, we would have only had one loss? Morons blamed Dak completely for losing games where his defense gave up 49 and 38. In Dalton's win, his defense had 2 takeaways and key stops at the end. Had we had key stops at any point against Cleveland and Seattle, we win. Especially Seattle. Dak got us the lead and our defense craps it away in their usual fashion.

But everything Dak did is "garbage time" unless he wins. Ala the Atlanta game. Nothing is garbage time if you are getting your team back in the game with a chance to win.

The only really meh game Dak had this year was against the Rams. But their defense has been making a lot of QBs this year look meh.