Andy Dalton Career Playoff Performance

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just want an honest unbiased discussion about Dak. He has been the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys for just over 4 seasons or 65 games. This isn't about Dalton or anybody else but Dak. Is he doing the job (and I do not mean personal stats) to lift Dallas towards their glory years of Super Bowl runs?

PS

Thanks for the service acknowledgement brother.
There is a lot that goes into a QBs success, that a QB has no control over. Ask Dan Marino, Danny White, Tony Romo etc. Dak is a good QB. A great QB needs a supporting cast of players and coaches. Just like a soldier needs a good sargeant, general etc. Hope you aren't offended by that reference.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
There is a lot that goes into a QBs success, that a QB has no control over. Ask Dan Marino, Danny White, Tony Romo etc. Dak is a good QB. A great QB needs a supporting cast of players and coaches. Just like a soldier needs a good sargeant, general etc. Hope you aren't offended by that reference.

Not offended in the least as I can relate but a good leader lifts everyone under said leader hence why I question if Dak really is the guy to take this team to the next level. Unfortunately the 'business' aspect of the game plays in to it as well given contracts have gone crazy in terms of total yearly value and the subsequent impact on the team.

That said this is, in my two cent opinion, the make or break year in terms of determining whether Dak is the guy or not.

Qcard

Reaction score
I just want an honest unbiased discussion about Dak. He has been the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys for just over 4 seasons or 65 games. This isn't about Dalton or anybody else but Dak. Is he doing the job (and I do not mean personal stats) to lift Dallas towards their glory years of Super Bowl runs?

PS

Thanks for the service acknowledgement brother.
That is a great discussion to have but we are in Dalton Thread:thumbup:

But I'll oblige.

Dak has all the tools to lead the Cowboys to the playoffs (as proven), win in the playoffs (as proven) and win hopefully the Superbowl (to be determine).

If, we didn't use stats we'd be at the whim of every Eye Test Mafia.

Either way be it team accomplishments or personal production, Dak over a reasonable sample size, 4 seasons, has proven to be good enough...the Cowboys concur hence , Exclusive Franchise Tag Tender instead of the other. Stephen wants 5 years Dak want 4 years.

But in an alternate universe Dak Haters believe Dak is creation of an All Pro OLine, Elite RB, decent Coach in Garrett and Marinelli Defense.

Dak Haters believe Dak is the only QB in the not worthy of a supporting cast and marvel how a 5th year QB hasn't won the more games with Jason Garrett as Head Coach

USArmyVet

Reaction score
That is a great discussion to have but we are in Dalton Thread:thumbup:

But I'll oblige.

Dak has all the tools to lead the Cowboys to the playoffs (as proven), win in the playoffs (as proven) and win hopefully the Superbowl (to be determine).

If, we didn't use stats we'd be at the whim of every Eye Test Mafia.

Either way be it team accomplishments or personal production, Dak over a reasonable sample size, 4 seasons, has proven to be good enough...the Cowboys concur hence , Exclusive Franchise Tag Tender instead of the other. Stephen wants 5 years Dak want 4 years.

But in an alternate universe Dak Haters believe Dak is creation of an All Pro OLine, Elite RB, decent Coach in Garrett and Marinelli Defense.

Dak Haters believe Dak is the only QB in the not worthy of a supporting cast and marvel how a 5th year QB hasn't won the more games with Jason Garrett as Head Coach

You lost me once you brought JG into the talk. Anyway, time will tell what Dak's place is in Dallas history.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Where did I mention Dak in the OP?
Yeah you truly are a dullard smh. The whole point of this thread is comparison to Dak buddy. Maybe you can pull that I didn't mention Dak routine on your friends offline but it doesn't work on me.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Dalton wasn't signed as our key to winning the Super Bowl. He was signed to be a competent backup in case Dak goes down. He'll do fine in that role.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
2011: 27 of 42 (64.3%). 257 yards. 0 TD's, 3 INT'. 51.4 rating

Lost to Houston 31-10

2012: 14 of 30 (46.7%). 127 yards. 0 TD's. 1 INT 44.7 rating

Lost to Houston 19-13

2013: 29 or 51 (56.9%) 334 yards. 1 TD. 2 INT's. 67 rating.

Lost to San Diego 27-10

2014: 18 of 35 (51.4%) 155 yards. 0 TD's. 0 INT's. 63.4 rating.

Lost to Indianapolis 26-10

Career playoff stats. 88 of 158 (55.7%) 873 yards.
1 TD. 6 INT's 57.8 rating

Bengals were 0-4 and averaged 10.75 points a game
Well that sucks!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah you truly are a dullard smh. The whole point of this thread is comparison to Dak buddy. Maybe you can pull that I didn't mention Dak routine on your friends offline but it doesn't work on me.
Im not trying anything on you. There really isnt a point. Its clear your mind will see something, grab it, and run with it in some aimless direction. You do you though

Let me ask you this though? Do you want Dalton taking over this season for Dak?