Another Elite RB Goes Home Ringless

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by mattjames2010, Feb 4, 2019.

1. blumayne38

blumayne38 Well-Known Member

2,592 Messages
    1,619 Likes Received
    That’s a extremely hopeful statement, I’m sure you will be waiting game by game with fingers crossed he breaks a leg or has some kind of serious knee or neck injury. He’s a solid kid rock lined with steel it will take a lot to keep this iron man off the field

mahoneybill likes this.
  2. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

9,277 Messages
    9,353 Likes Received
    I am shocked gurley only had 10 carries. And is saying he wasn’t hurt. Did his production drop off after the payday? Or is he hurt...

Rayman70 likes this.
  3. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

8,213 Messages
    8,673 Likes Received
    Something was off with Gurley and just because CJ Anderson stepped up, doesn't take away his importance. In fact, it's a big reason LA couldn't get rolling.

4. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

5,321 Messages
    7,322 Likes Received
    Ok, will high school band players please stop posting about football?

Thank you.

Zordon likes this.
  5. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

10,051 Messages
    8,038 Likes Received
    McVay was a bigger reason Gurley couldn't get rolling. THAT SAID...could it be the HC knew more about Gurley's knee than he let on before the last 2 games? Gurley has a long history of knee issues. I don't see that changing.

glimmerman likes this.
  6. Rayman70

10,051 Messages
    8,038 Likes Received
    I CALL BS...I think he was playing hurt the last 3 games and was limited. If he were 100%, why the HELL would you give the lion share of the early totes to Anderson? If that's not the case, McVay should be fired.

Hadenough and glimmerman like this.
  7. glimmerman

9,277 Messages
    9,353 Likes Received
    Same I was thinking. He played good enough to earn that contract. So if he isn’t hurt then that hc is a fool to not get him 30 carries in the sb. Unless he got paid and is now easing off but I don’t think that’s the case. Wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a knee scope or something in the next few weeks.

Rayman70 likes this.
  8. glimmerman

9,277 Messages
    9,353 Likes Received
    Only thing that changed is his paycheck got huge. Now Elliot wants a early contract. I may consider extending Elliot for 2 or 3 years if we can get him for a good price. If he is still healthy after that then franchise him.

Rayman70 likes this.
  9. Rayman70

10,051 Messages
    8,038 Likes Received
    agree totally. Gurley hasn't looked right for 3 weeks really...even against us, he looked hesitant at times. I think that knee flared up or something during the Saints game or shortly afterwards. I know he was getting that knee drained almost each week,of fluid. If I had a guess, that's the issue.

glimmerman likes this.
  10. Rayman70

10,051 Messages
    8,038 Likes Received
    agree, I sign him to a 2 year deal with a team option for a 3rd. No more than that.

KeepinTime and glimmerman like this.
  11. glimmerman

9,277 Messages
    9,353 Likes Received
    I have a feeling his body won’t last more than 7 years. He is getting a lot of work. I don’t blame him for wanting to get paid. I think he knows he won’t last 10-12 years. And he may not want to. Like a Marion Barber.

Rayman70 likes this.
  12. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

13,092 Messages
    22,342 Likes Received
    Would this be the same defense that got worked by that same elite RB, not to mention his chubby sidekick?

I'm fine with paying elite defensive players as such, but wary of paying good ones as though they are elite.

cowboyblue22 likes this.
  13. glimmerman

9,277 Messages
    9,353 Likes Received
    He got alot of work this year. I think Elliot had a ankle problem going into the playoffs. He was gimpy also.

Rayman70 likes this.
  14. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

4,804 Messages
    3,325 Likes Received
    he been hurt plain and simple the 3 weeks he got off the heal held up for one game against us but he tweaked that knee again and hes not been right for a month..Gurley wasn't gurley..maybe different if he was so these pointless threads about RBs is stupid and pointless..cant blame the Rb for the playcaller and the scheme and the defense got ya for one game..Emitt Was eltie and won a SB others in history have won SB Bettis Carried big ben the first SB, and man many others and nothings changed..do you have to have one , maybe not if you have HOF QB and Coach to counter it, Gronk etc come on man these are just DUMB trying to say we shouldnt pay or have drafted Zeke..

Gurley was hurt plain and simple..

15. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member

4,988 Messages
    2,893 Likes Received
    And an under appreciated O Line that protected Brady for the most part and opened the kind of hole on the TD run that garret dreams about. They did the same thing against the chiefs.

But for one body slam by Donald he was not the dominant force the media predicted he and Suh to be.

Re the slam that was a blatant throw down . Surprised a flag wasn’t thrown

Hadenough and Big D like this.
  16. JustChip

JustChip Well-Known Member

2,542 Messages
    2,163 Likes Received
    Zeke definitely takes the pressure off. But the question is whether another back that is say 85 or 90% of Zeke would do almost as well and being able to have the cap space and high draft capital invested in another position or positions would actually serve the team better. The answer is subjective in nature, but it's a legitimate question to ask.

17. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

13,092 Messages
    22,342 Likes Received
    He had 4 weeks of rest coming into the Dallas game because his knee (the one he injured in college) was bothering him. Obviously it still wasn't right, but he couldn't take another month off at this point.

18. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

6,530 Messages
    5,403 Likes Received
    what happened ot the rams is the met up with big bill and tom brady nothing more nothing less

19. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

13,092 Messages
    22,342 Likes Received
    I'm curious how many first round draft picks the Pats have on their o-line. From what I've read on this board that's the only way to build a great one.

Direwolf63 likes this.
  20. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member

4,988 Messages
    2,893 Likes Received
    Nice insight. He had to be thinking , hurt or not I’m the big dog and this is the big game so 4 th quarter at least has to be all me if I’m being saved for something

Chrispierce likes this.