Another Elite RB Goes Home Ringless

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You need players who can play though. Sure, you can let them walk and hope to find another Tom Brady and Belicheck, but odds are, you'll never find them and it will take years to find comparables.

Yeah, use your money and draft picks to grab defensive players that can play. You don't let them walk for positions you know have no correlation to winning a super bowl. The formula we are working with is outdated.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Seriously? This is a gripe?

The whole debate about Elliott was about if he should have been picked versus Jalen Ramsey.

Well, the Rams had what is basically a young and an old version of Ramsey and they still couldn't cover Edelman.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

The whole debate about Elliott was about if he should have been picked versus Jalen Ramsey.

Well, the Rams had what is basically a young and an old version of Ramsey and they still couldn't cover Edelman.

The hell? Haha, Peters played terribly this year and Talib has been battling injuries. Neither are Ramsey. Sheesh.

Also, you know who had the highest ranked CB this year? Yeah, that was the Patriots. He also came down with a clutch INT yesterday.

kskboys

Reaction score

Pats prolly don't win w/o stellar running from their own 1st round RB, Sony Michell. He was instrumental the entire year.

Verdict

Reaction score
....and the team that has a new RB for every Super Bowl they get to gets their sixth trophy since 2000.

You either have a great QB that can put up a ton of points or you have a great defense to keep you in a game. It is not about the skill players, it's about the most valuable position and the trenches.

Stop handing out big contracts to highlight reel players that won't lead you to the ultimate goal. Slap Zeke with a couple franchise tags, hope and pray that Cooper takes some "Thank you for believing in me!" discount, and pay our freakin' defensive players.

Yes. And a QB taken #1 overall lost the game to a 6th round QB. All of that stuff remains irrelevant.

Verdict

Reaction score
Goff looked pretty replaceable last night. There is a bigger story here with Gurley splitting carries that the rams aren't talking about. Gurley shredded our defense and then was barely used against NO and NE. The Rams got to the super bowl running the ball. They just ran into Belechek.

I think Gurley is damaged goods.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Pats prolly don't win w/o stellar running from their own 1st round RB, Sony Michell. He was instrumental the entire year.
This gets lost in the sauce. Or that he shared carries with Chubb in Georgia.
I think had he not missed all of the off season due to an injury, he would have been in the spotlight more. In my opinion he's the best RB the Pats have had since Maroney.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Originally, mattjames argued that Zeke shouldn't be drafted because teams just don't take RBs high anymore.

That's no longer a defensible position.

Then he argued that Ramsey is a legitimately better player than Zeke who would have a greater impact on his team.

So now he's arguing, what? That a hurt Gurley was the reasons the Rams lost?

All his switching positions is making me dizzy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zeke is a great player.

But I don't think a team can win a SB riding a TB in today's game.

I will say to the day I die that we should have traded that pick.
It didn’t make much sense at the time knowing Romos years was limited. It was all about winning now with Romo....May be that approach wasn’t the smartest but it made sense at the time.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It didn’t make much sense at the time knowing Romos years was limited. It was all about winning now with Romo....May be that approach wasn’t the smartest but it made sense at the time.

Yeah, I didn't like how shortsighted that move was.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yeah it definitely was. I have no problem with them doing it. We all thought they were a 13 win team and they added the best running back in the draft.

I do, but it's all in the past so doesnt really matter.
Too bad Jalen said he won't play for us while Jerry is in charge.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Originally, mattjames argued that Zeke shouldn't be drafted because teams just don't take RBs high anymore.

Then he argued that Ramsey is a legitimately better player than Zeke who would have a greater impact on his team.

So now he's arguing, what? That a hurt Gurley was the reasons the Rams lost?

All his switching positions is making me dizzy.

Why would I make that argument about Zeke when teams took RBs high the season before? Stop making crap up.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yes. And a QB taken #1 overall lost the game to a 6th round QB. All of that stuff remains irrelevant.

Goff wasn't playing against Brady, dopey. He was playing against the Pats defense.

You know, the defense with the top ranked corner and safety that it's in the top 10.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

What is this "stellar" crap? Are you confusing his stats with someone else? He had a good year, there was nothing "stellar" about him. Drop it.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
A rookie corner? Over a running back? I don’t see it...
Yes sir.

One position has a way larger impact on results of the game and it just so happens that player would have been on our weaker side of the ball. And it's not just a rookie corner it was a pro bowl level rookie corner. Anybody could have ran behind that line with Dak, not any corner could cover like Ramsey given how bad our dline was in 2016.

Running backs statistically make almost no difference in the result of games, while CBs make one of the largest differences.

96% of outcomes from rush attempts can be explained by field position and number of men in the box. 96%!!!! Now is Zeke likely part of that 4% of Carrie's that exceed the expected yards gained? I 100% believe he is since he's a damn good player. But the 1/25 carries just doesnt change the outcome almost at all