Another Measuring Game For Cowboys

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Getting rid of linehan made the coaching better. I didn't see Garrett speak to Kellen or Richard last week. As long as he continues to stay out of the way, we'll be fine.
And I’ve said before Jerry is more willing to upgrade asst coaches than HC.

The change has looked favorable in some games and more of the same in others. We’ll see how it shakes out. I’d also argue we’ve surrounded him with more weapons this year.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I've been reading threads like these in November every year I've been on a Cowboys forum. Two things have remained constant:

Jerry running the show and the Cowboys coming up short in January. Coaches and players have come and gone.

Nothing that happens the rest of this regular season will convince me this team is any different. That can only happen in January.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we do finally reach the pinnacle Garrett is going to receive his due credit . Probably more than Jerry will appreciate. That’s probably when Garrett is more apt to be fired.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I've been reading threads like these in November every year I've been on a Cowboys forum. Two things have remained constant:

Jerry running the show and the Cowboys coming up short in January. Coaches and players have come and gone.

Nothing that happens the rest of this regular season will convince me this team is any different. That can only happen in January.
Yep

January has a way of thinning out the contenders from the pretenders.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If we do finally reach the pinnacle Garrett is going to receive his due credit . Probably more than Jerry will appreciate. That’s probably when Garrett is more apt to be fired.
I don't think so. I think that will be the justification Jerry needs for keeping him around, and the confirmation that he is indeed, a football guy.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every week someone starts a thread that is a must win or the up coming game is somehow more important for some reason. The fact is every game is important until the division is locked up and then the team's respective playoff seed.

As for the Vikings, they have plenty of weapons on offense and expect them to be able to move the ball. Linval being out hurts their defense and their chances of winning more than Thielen being out.
This thread is intended to be about two things:
1. Finding out if the Cowboys are what everyone thought they were back in TC. Seeing if they can “measure up” against good teams which dominate the back end of their schedule.
2. No more excuses. Prove it.

The term “must win” was not in the OP.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Pretty healthy going into this game and the addition of Bennett is already paying dividends. No reason not to expect a victory as far I'm concerned.

This team really needs to win out and try for a bye week. No more excuses and no more slow starts either.

Get focused...get it done!

cowboyed

Reaction score
Defense looks shiny new. Lawrence, Quinn, Woods, and Crawford were all partial shows. Only Collins was fully present.

Now the starting dline is healthy and in playing shape, and with Crawford swapped out for Bennett.

Lee. Jaylon. Woods. Lewis. Lots of guys playing well and making plays.

The offense may or may not sputter, but it showed it could play at a whole new level this season. Now the defense has done the same.

Lots to be excited about.

Bennett is a great X factor on the defensive line.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are at home, the Vikings are missing half of one of the best WR tandems in the league and they are favored by the usual 3 point home gift. "Another measuring game" is understating the importance of this game to their season. If they win this game, I like their chances to take the East. If not, I think the Eagles take it.

Prescott made some comment about no team could beat them if they play their game. I don't agree with that as I do not see this as the most talented or best coached team but what I do agree with is the gist of that comment. They are helping other teams beat them. That's a double edged sword, a team beating itself. It is easily remedied but it speaks to the lack of focus initially with the team as to how they beat themselves.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys are 5-3, so why is every week a test. Most all other teams have beaten up and padded their wins by beating up on weaker teams.
But yet somehow that don't count against them. It counts against us though.

Somehow though, win tonight, and there will be excuses. Beat Detroit, oh, they aren't a winning team. Beat NE, oh, they had a bad game. Or lose to NE, the usuals will be out in force.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
This is the beginning of the real regular season. The first half of the season is about building your identity as a team and just staying in contention. The second half is when you find out who you really are.

History is full of fast starters who flamed out and slow starters who finished strong.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are at home, the Vikings are missing half of one of the best WR tandems in the league and they are favored by the usual 3 point home gift. "Another measuring game" is understating the importance of this game to their season. If they win this game, I like their chances to take the East. If not, I think the Eagles take it.

Prescott made some comment about no team could beat them if they play their game. I don't agree with that as I do not see this as the most talented or best coached team but what I do agree with is the gist of that comment. They are helping other teams beat them. That's a double edged sword, a team beating itself. It is easily remedied but it speaks to the lack of focus initially with the team as to how they beat themselves.
“Helping other teams beat them” is the hallmark of a team that is not prepped for the details it takes to be consistently good in the NFL. The talent margins are so thin in this league, good coaching is at a premium. Thus the last 24 years....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sorry but this is not a measuring game at all. The Vikings are banged up and are a one man show with theilen out.

The excuses are already set in place for when the cowboys win.

Not even close to a measuring game.
a one man show? lol they have Cook and the backup RB both can take screens to the house and run strong, and for arguments say Diggs is the WR playing the best this year or at least during their hot streak, ad coaching and strong defense and somehow thy are a one man show.. I guess if we lose that is your narrative , I cant believe we got beat by a one man show on a 6-3 team> if we win it will be oh they weren't that great? lmao..

good try but this is a tough game and will be fight to win..

cern

Reaction score
As I don't wish to get the bureau of weights and measures involved in football, I will call this game a MUST WIN game. As will be the remainder of the schedule. The great parcells always said the season really began in November.