Another Measuring Game For Cowboys

visionary

Reaction score
The boys are ready. Jason Garrett is not, and sadly, that is the huge determining factor in many games. This team has to outplay and outwit Jason Garrett’s stubbornness and stupidity. I just hope the talent is enough to overcome him...

not for 4 straight weeks against the best teams (in the playoffs). That is why we have literally no shot at winning a SB while Garrett is HC

Blackrain

Reaction score
We cant have 100+ yrds of penalties and expect to win . We must protect the ball Keep penalty yrds below 50 and dont turn the ball over and we got this . The defense need to continue getting TOs Dak would look like Tom Brady if this defense gave him 15 more opportunities like the Pats have .

Trench warfare and opportunities are what will give us a chance we should be able to win at least one of those battles

Special teams flat out scary !!! This could derail our best efforts and is my biggest fear at this point

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
After we win media and pseudo fans will say crap like but theilen wasn't there, Vikings are soft, or whatever crap they come up with.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After we win media and pseudo fans will say crap like but theilen wasn't there, Vikings are soft, or whatever crap they come up with.
If we win, who cares what anyone says? Winning does all the talking necessary. Something Jerry has never understood.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If we win, who cares what anyone says? Winning does all the talking necessary. Something Jerry has never understood.

Agreed haters will always hate win or lose I'll enjoy the game and the win

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
not for 4 straight weeks against the best teams (in the playoffs). That is why we have literally no shot at winning a SB while Garrett is HC

Didn't get any further with the 4 coaches who came before Garrett. I sense there's a bigger problem in Dallas.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the fact that the back end of our schedule is tough. If this team is for real as we all hope, it’s time to prove it on the field. Want to earn some respect? We will have a chance to do just that starting Sunday night about 7:20 PM.

IMO this Sunday night game in Dallas will be the Cowboys 4th game so far this season that measures them against a very solid opponent. They have thus far faced 3 quality teams in the saints, pack and e-girls, and have come away from those games 1-2. Against lesser opponents (which the first half of our schedule was loaded with) we are 4-1.

So Sunday night should be a very good measurement of what this team is at the midway point of the season. Other than the embarrassing loss to the hapless Jets, we’ve been good against the bad teams, not so good against the better ones. The only consistent thing this team has been is inconsistent.

As the second half of the season officially begins, its time for the excuses to end. This team has enough talent to make some noise. This is Jason Garrett’s ninth full season as HC. He’s “bought the groceries”, so it’s time to cook or get out of the kitchen.

How big, bad, and tough is this team? Can they overcome the adversity that all good teams will face to prove they are worthy of respect?

This team is going to be tested in the next two months to see if it’s exactly what almost everyone on these boards said it would be back in the summer. This should be a wild, fun ride.

Playoffs Bye Week
  • Not getting a bye in the playoffs will drastically lower the Cowboys probability of making it to the Super Bowl.
  • This is with regards to probabilities based on historical stats of teams that had or didn't have a bye week.
  • The winners of the bye week games are the road team in the divisional round.
Garrett does not really "buy the groceries".
- His biggest influence is probably getting Witten to return.

cowboyec

Reaction score
it is until we win.
then tomorrow....all the excuses to try and explain it away.
if we get the hell outta the way....we beat minnesota....because despite that 1 loss to the nyj.....we are a good team with good players capable of doin' some good things.
:starspin:COWBOYS:starspin:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Playoffs Bye Week
  • Not getting a bye in the playoffs will drastically lower the Cowboys probability of making it to the Super Bowl.
  • This is with regards to probabilities based on historical stats of teams that had or didn't have a bye week.
  • The winners of the bye week games are the road team in the divisional round.
Garrett does not really "buy the groceries".
- His biggest influence is probably getting Witten to return.
While Garrett isn’t responsible for buying the groceries I credit him for influencing Jerry and Stephens grocery list and priorities with a vision of power football running the ball and why we went from relying on a QB to carry us to a dominate OL and RB to be the strength. I also credit Jason for getting Will more involved in FO. Who has turned into a very valuable asset and head talent scout.

And then Jerry announced Garrett getting more involved with rebuilding defense. Despite Garretts weaknesses in Game Day coaching he should be credited with influencing our ownership and front office with sounder drafts, personnel moves and consistent culture.

Since Garrett took over we’ve become a more normal football operation. Without Jerry blabbing publicly spewing like no other owner or GM to keep his brand out in front we’ve actually become a much better ran franchise since 2011. This is why I’m such a vivid supporter of Jason despite our frustrations on Game Day which I think are probably over blown because of a few obvious miscues.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Didn't get any further with the 4 coaches who came before Garrett. I sense there's a bigger problem in Dallas.
Despite not having as much success as we’d like we all have witnessed how much better football operations have become since Garrett took over in 2011. We just aren’t crediting the one who has probably influenced our dysfunctional ownership the most.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think he understands but he’s not willing to wait around for it and why he continues to keep his brand out in public view. He’s proven bad press is better than no press.

Too many believe Jerry doesn’t get it. I think he does but doesn’t care enough insisting to do it his way attempting to prove everyone wrong. That winning isn’t necessary. Something Tex didn’t believe was possible. And so far he’s winning as we haven’t made him financial accountable.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
a one man show? lol they have Cook and the backup RB both can take screens to the house and run strong, and for arguments say Diggs is the WR playing the best this year or at least during their hot streak, ad coaching and strong defense and somehow thy are a one man show.. I guess if we lose that is your narrative , I cant believe we got beat by a one man show on a 6-3 team> if we win it will be oh they weren't that great? lmao..

good try but this is a tough game and will be fight to win..

Last week against the cheifs, when theilen went out Diggs had 4 yards receiving afterwards. Seems he is useless without adam. And then cook was bottled up the rest of the game and the cheifs put 8 in the box. Pretty easy to take them away as usual when theilen goes out.

Mattison does nothing beside taking advantage of a terrible skins defense. Treadwell shouldnt even be in the NFL and Johnson does zero to help Diggs when his name is called.

When the Vikings are in this situation they go into a two TE set most of the game which I believe Dallas can handle quite easily.

Just look at Irv mith jr and Kyle Rudolph stats vs the cheifs. They started dumping off to both TE's. The viking got desperate because that offense is bad without theilen.

As far as the defense goes, their CBs have been getting beat all season including Rhodes. Last time I chimed in on a Vikings forum they wanted the backup starting because Rhodes is bad.

Even at full health the viking pass defense is bad.

The Vikings are strong stopping the run but their run stuffer is injured and will not play. Their defense is hella overrated and anyone who knows football outside of the cowboys knows that.

If Dallas loses to the Vikings it will be an embarrassment considering the situation.

If they win, it wouldnt surprise me because the Vikings are just not good right now.

Nice try!?....I think not. As a guy that plays fantasy football every week I do my homework on these teams. I will debate you on whatever you want to discuss considering this vary game.

In fact, the game plan for the Vikings will be to use Diggs as a decoy while trying to feed Rudolph and Smith jr. The cowboys will put 8 in the box for cook.

Treadwell and Johnson will not be factors. Mattison will not be a factor as the Vikings play from behind. Cousins will struggle with a limited offense.

Dallas will run and pass on the vikings.

Dallas will beat the vikings.

The talking heads will be in full excuse mode Monday morning and Dallas will then have to wait yet another week to get a taste of credit.

Anything else you want to know? I am all ears.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been Measured: This team is currently not a team that can win against the league’s better teams. We are now 1-3 against teams with winning records.

Too early to write this team off. But so far, it has not measured up as a contender. The tough schedule ahead still gives this team opportunities to prove it can compete.

But not with that defense. And worse...not with that HC.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I've been reading threads like these in November every year I've been on a Cowboys forum. Two things have remained constant:

Jerry running the show and the Cowboys coming up short in January. Coaches and players have come and gone.

Nothing that happens the rest of this regular season will convince me this team is any different. That can only happen in January.

Vikings 28, Cowboys 24

71f8cceadc80914704321234a216707b.jpg

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Last week against the cheifs, when theilen went out Diggs had 4 yards receiving afterwards. Seems he is useless without adam. And then cook was bottled up the rest of the game and the cheifs put 8 in the box. Pretty easy to take them away as usual when theilen goes out.

Mattison does nothing beside taking advantage of a terrible skins defense. Treadwell shouldnt even be in the NFL and Johnson does zero to help Diggs when his name is called.

When the Vikings are in this situation they go into a two TE set most of the game which I believe Dallas can handle quite easily.

Just look at Irv mith jr and Kyle Rudolph stats vs the cheifs. They started dumping off to both TE's. The viking got desperate because that offense is bad without theilen.

As far as the defense goes, their CBs have been getting beat all season including Rhodes. Last time I chimed in on a Vikings forum they wanted the backup starting because Rhodes is bad.

The Vikings are strong stopping the run but their run stuffer is injured and will not play. Their defense is hella overrated and anyone who knows football outside of the cowboys knows that.

If Dallas loses to the Vikings it will be an embarrassment considering the situation.

If they win, it wouldnt surprise me because the Vikings are just not good right now.

Nice try!?....I think not. As a guy that plays fantasy football every week I do my homework on these teams. I will debate you on whatever you want to discuss considering this vary game.

In fact, the game plan for the Vikings will be to use Diggs as a decoy while trying to feed Rudolph and Smith jr. The cowboys will put 8 in the box for cook.

Treadwell and Johnson will not be factors. Mattison will not be a factor as the Vikings play from behind. Cousins will struggle with a limited offense.

The talking heads will be in full excuse mode Monday morning and Dallas will then have to wait yet another week to get a taste of credit.

Wrong.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

If I have an opening in my fantasy league next year, you're first on the list of invitations.

Anything else you want to know? I'm all ears. :muttley:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This game proved, without a doubt, that it does not matter about the talent on the field.

Dallas had it in every way imaginable with the injuries.

And they failed.

No sugar coating. No blaming the refs.

They failed.

Good teams win with situational football. We honestly could not realize the situation all along.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This game proved, without a doubt, that it does not matter about the talent on the field.

Dallas had it in every way imaginable with the injuries.

And they failed.

No sugar coating. No blaming the refs.

They failed.

Good teams win with situational football. We honestly could not realize the situation all along.

No blaming the coach either. How many coaches does it take?

The Dallas Cowboys aren't winning anything with Jerry's kids running the show. I'll die before they ever see another Super Bowl. I'm certain of it.