Twitter: Another piece of evidence

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
so you think we're only team that run repeat plays...lol
Maybe not. Can you provide an example of where we took advantage of a team running the same play? I’d be interested to see where our scouting helped out to generate a pick because we jumped their route.

pete026

Reaction score
Yeah no that makes no sense. You are literally trying to think for him. He made an observation, that’s it. He can probably give you a list of tendencies for every single team in the league.
The premise of this is stupid. The idea that every team runs 75+ distinct plays that the defense has no idea what’s going on is pure stupidity that could only be cooked up by the troll who started it.
I've made fun of your avatar before but you should really change it to Garrett.

You can be pretty smart at times but so dumb at others.

Dre11

Reaction score
If anyone is still unclear that our former head coach and staff put us at a competitive disadvantage, here's Exhibit Z in the case:

These are statements from an All-Pro player with no 'dog in the fight', and no 'axe to grind', and no reason to tell anything other than the truth. A truth that a few still can't understand or admit.

After reading comments like this, I'm even more thrilled that the long-ended change was finally made, and our players will no longer be playing with one arm tied behind their backs on Sunday's.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pa...nd-patriots-stephon-gilmore-make-interception

With three receivers to the left side of the formation, the Patriots matched the Dolphins with man-to-man coverage. Gilmore took Parker, the second receiver to quarterback Matt Moore's left, and he knew that Parker would be running a fade to the back corner of the end zone.

"I knew," Gilmore said. "His position in that formation, I mean, that's the only route he runs."

Gilmore added: "I just knew the route from film study. They ran that same exact route in the first quarter, and they just flipped the formation."

Dre11

Reaction score
Maybe not. Can you provide an example of where we took advantage of a team running the same play? I’d be interested to see where our scouting helped out to generate a pick because we jumped their route.

it wasn't his team scouting. it was his film study, maybe if we had players that put in the time we would.
I mean Amari made plenty plays due to film study.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah no that makes no sense. You are literally trying to think for him. He made an observation, that’s it. He can probably give you a list of tendencies for every single team in the league.
The premise of this is stupid. The idea that every team runs 75+ distinct plays that the defense has no idea what’s going on is pure stupidity that could only be cooked up by the troll who started it.
I'm not trying to think for him. I'm reading what he said. And no, every team doesn't have 75 distinct plays per game, but they have variations of the plays in which they have the same look, but run the routes differently. This is far from the first time we've heard about Dallas being predictable by other teams. Hell, we usually know what they're going to do, so you can bet the other team does.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I've made fun of your avatar before but you should really change it to Garrett.

You can be pretty smart at times but so dumb at others.
See, people are so stupid that they can only function in their tiny realities. I’ve said countless times that I have no issue with Garrett being gone, and that the time he was here way exceeded what just about any other coach would have gotten with similar results. I just don’t go along with any stupid thing said about what actually happened here.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If anyone is still unclear that our former head coach and staff put us at a competitive disadvantage, here's Exhibit Z in the case:

These are statements from an All-Pro player with no 'dog in the fight', and no 'axe to grind', and no reason to tell anything other than the truth. A truth that a few still can't understand or admit.

After reading comments like this, I'm even more thrilled that the long-ended change was finally made, and our players will no longer be playing with one arm tied behind their backs on Sunday's.

How is this any different than any other coach? Heck I watched gronk run the same route 3 times in a row in the SB. I watched the giants te run the same route twice in a row to get stuffed by Smith then they ran it a 3rd time with a receiver for a td. Point is this isn't a Garrett exclusive.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Gilmore is the best corner in the NFL. Not really an indipment on coaching IMO. Gilmore could probably give a story about every team in the NFL

He is the best CB in the football and it was a bad call. Also a bad snap to throw the timing off, a bad throw by Dak and bad adjustment by Amari.

It literally took four things going wrong for that pick to happen, even with Gilmore knowing what was coming (assuming he did).

pete026

Reaction score
See, people are so stupid that they can only function in their tiny realities. I’ve said countless times that I have no issue with Garrett being gone, and that the time he was here way exceeded what just about any other coach would have gotten with similar results. I just don’t go along with any stupid thing said about what actually happened here.
That has little to do with your comments on this thread. Your stance appears to be that the Cowboys offensive game plan has been no less predictable than most NFL teams.

??????

Dre11

Reaction score
Can you give me an example of when our team has done that?

I mean this is dumb and any knowledgeable fan should know all teams run repeat plays

I talked to Leighton after the game. He said he had a feeling screen was coming there. I asked if that’s because he’d seen on tape Eagles run that screen in similar down/distance situations. He said yes.

Dre11

Reaction score
What did you add?
https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new..._work__how_cowboys_knew_it_was_coming/208837/

After the game, Vander Esch said he kind of knew the screen was coming there based on his own film study.

I talked to Leighton after the game. He said he had a feeling screen was coming there. I asked if that's because he'd seen on tape Eagles run that screen in similar down/distance situations. He said yes. https://t.co/ONEOmE4zyz— Geoff Mosher (@GeoffMosherNFL) November 12, 2018

Dre11

Reaction score
That sounds exactly like what Garrett would say. To hell with coaching.

it's what most coaches would say. it's why they try to draft the best players they can. what a concept