Twitter: Another piece of evidence

pete026

Reaction score
You saw what in wrote,. if they didn't think they need the best players. they would try to get them
Our drafting has been pretty strong recently. I don't think drafting is our issue. Do you?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is the best CB in the football and it was a bad call. Also a bad snap to throw the timing off, a bad throw by Dak and bad adjustment by Amari.

It literally took four things going wrong for that pick to happen, even with Gilmore knowing what was coming (assuming he did).

Yeah, doubt the All-Pro corner in another effort to excuse the never-was coach.

Makes sense...

Dre11

Reaction score
Is that what you tell your players? The hell with coaching?

I tell my players execute our gameplan. when they do , they get the credit. it's why we have two championships
when they don't we go into the film room and show them why. the tape don't lie.

Last edited:

pete026

Reaction score
playmakers on defense, yes.
The fiasco we have had in regards to defensive coaching? I would give the players the benefit of the doubt for now. At some point, I would agree.

Last edited:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The team takes on the personality of the head coach. If you have a boring monotone head coach then you'll have a boring repetitive team. With McCarthy at least he prides himself on being creative.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I was glad to get rid of Garrett.

But many in this thread,including the OP, seem to be forgetting that Garrett was not calling the plays that day.
So at least in this case,it was evidence of nothing regarding his plat calling.

pete026

Reaction score
I was glad to get rid of Garrett.

But many in this thread,including the OP, seem to be forgetting that Garrett was not calling the plays that day.
So at least in this case,it was evidence of nothing regarding his plat calling.
So calling plays and setting game plans are the same thing? If I recall correctly, Gilmore said it was what the Cowboys always do (repeating plays in certain situations). That sounds a lot like a reference to a game plan vs. a play call. But a person who considers himself an offensive genius would never be involved in the offensive game plan.

But even if you consider it the same thing and I admit you could in this circumstance, wouldn't a decent Head Coach realize this and make an adjustment?

Big D

Reaction score
The interception Dak threw against GB in 2016. We ran the same play against the same DB in the regular season. He jumped the route.
I watched the replay today and was thinking the same thing.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Third and 2, why not use our great running back??
Because our supposedly "great" running back is "not so great" anymore, especially running behind our very good Oline.

I've been saying it since the 2018 season and especially the 2018 season playoff loss at the Rams, Zeke has lost that "greatness" he used to have. It showed all throughout the 2019 season, the same season last year he held out of training camp and preseason in order to force Jerry to pay him as the highest paid running back in league history at the time.

Zeke contributed to killing a lot of drives last season which cost us games. The Cowboys didn't get what they paid for. Let's hope the old BEAST Zeke finally shows up.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
History will look unfavorably back at Garret as a notorious con-man and coaching fraud.
That's JG in a Nut Shell,, would have been the worlds greatest used car salesmen, and in his spare time he could sale subscriptions of Time Life magazine to blind people.