Video: Another proof Romo made made this putrid scheme look better than what it is

Philmonroe

Reaction score
This video shows how Romo would call a new play at the LOS to make JG bad scheme work. Against 2014 playoff game against Detroit, two plays were called based on coverage they saw all game. When Romo saw that the coverage was looked different he called a brand new play "Tennessee" at the line.

This shows you Romo made the coaches look much better than they were. People who thinks we can just bring in a new QB and all will be fine are kidding themselves. Unless JG and his scheme is gone, we need a QB that is as good or better than Romo. Good luck with that. Nothing will really change much until JG is gone.

I know people don't want to give Jason credit and or speak bad on Dak but these plays were still plays Jason came up with. Its not like Romo made them up right then and there. They were practiced just Romo knew when to switch to them.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he was as good as most say he is. He would have at least had us in the playoffs every year. But we only made 4 playoff appearances.
“Most” is debatable. In reality, practically no NFL quarterback in league history has led his team to the playoffs every year. How many people do you assume believed Romo could accomplish that feat?

DFWJC

Reaction score
These threads are really making me want something bad to happen to romo. Like jesus christ he was an above average qb that can't hold field goal snaps, was unlucky as hell, and won 2 playoff games in a decade. He wasn't that good give it a rest. He won't even make the HOF. Stop worrying about a guy that could barely make it to work on a consistent basis.
Romo isnt starting these threads.
Dont blame him
:lmao:

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
“Most” is debatable. In reality, practically no NFL quarterback in league history has led his team to the playoffs every year. How many people do you assume believed Romo could accomplish that feat?
Romo played enough games to qualify for the passing title in 8 seasons and made the playoffs 4 times (50%). Drew Brees, who most would consider a great QB, has made the playoffs in 7 of his 17 such seasons (41%). You are trying to explain things to trolls who don’t even watch football and shoot off their mouth while doing zero research. It’s a fruitless endeavor.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't think he was that good so I didn't expect that from him. The romosexuals portray him as a god that was the best qb in the league. If he was that good he could have gotten us there more than he did is all im saying.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Romo played enough games to qualify for the passing title in 8 seasons and made the playoffs 4 times (50%). Drew Brees, who most would consider a great QB, has made the playoffs in 7 of his 17 such seasons (41%). You are trying to explain things to trolls who don’t even watch football and shoot off their mouth while doing zero research. It’s a fruitless endeavor.
2007 and 2009 had top 10 defenses. Brees had a top defense once and won a SB. Please don't try to compare Romo to brees it's not even close, and you call others trolls. Good to know when Romo calls our 2 games this year you will only be able to watch half of those games.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think he was that good so I didn't expect that from him.
Get outta town! I thought you had the exact opposite opinion. :muttley:
The romosexuals portray him as a god that was the best qb in the league. If he was that good he could have gotten us there more than he did is all im saying.
Just my opinion but I would assume the number of people in the entire world who have claimed Romo is the best quarterback in any consideration are a tiny minority in comparison to the larger group individuals claiming he is a good, very good and/or elite quarterback.

Gaede

Reaction score
It kills me that those two never got to hoist the Lombardi together. An absolute waste of the best QB/TE combo ever. Both players were all-time greats and, unfortunately, these videos just make me sad.
We had the pieces in place. What a shame. Romo could have been up there with the greats, Witten was, Ware was, Tyron and Fred in fine form... just sad that they never reached the next level

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Get outta town! I thought you had the exact opposite opinion. :muttley:

Just my opinion but I would assume the number of people in the entire world who have claimed Romo is the best quarterback in any consideration are a tiny minority in comparison to the larger group individuals claiming he is a good, very good and/or elite quarterback.
He was very good at times. That was his ceiling. Couldn't be that guy on a consistent basis and was unavailable when playing his best football after 2014.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
For some odd reason Romo had to change plays at the LOS, kill plays and disregard what was called, coach the other players, make his own offense work ..

some odd reason ...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was very good at times. That was his ceiling. Couldn't be that guy on a consistent basis and was unavailable when playing his best football after 2014.
“He was very good at times”

You only need to be good once to win.

Romo’s critics blame him for the divisional loss against the Giants. Yet the winning margin of victory can be primarily attributed to the Dallas defense surrendering a long drive touchdown in 42 seconds before the first half ended.

The odds were against the team beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl but the opportunity was there and the team did not seize it. However, the lazy short-sighted explanation has continually been it was mostly Romo’s fault for the loss.

This is an example of the true nonsense that has revolved around Romo discussions for years.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
“He was very good at times”

You only need to be good once to win.

Romo’s critics blame him for the divisional loss against the Giants. Yet the winning margin of victory can be primarily attributed to the Dallas defense surrendering a long drive touchdown in 42 seconds before the first half ended.

The odds were against the team beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl but the opportunity was there and the team did not seize it. However, the lazy short-sighted explanation has continually been it was mostly Romo’s fault for the loss.

This is an example of the true nonsense that has revolved around Romo discussions for years.
What were Romos stats that game? And how many points did our offense score?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Ok, let’s talk about his 2007 MNF game against Buffalo. He tied a record, he was only the second QB ever to throw 5 INT’s on MNF, 2 of which were returned for fumbles. He even lost a fumble to add the icing on the cake. Very impressive!

I can only imagine the reaction if Dak did that in his second year.
You forgot to mention he still brought his team back for the W on his final drive.