Video: Another proof Romo made made this putrid scheme look better than what it is

aria

Reaction score
You forgot to mention he still brought his team back for the W on his final drive.
Brought them back? Like that should be commended after he literally gave them 14 points and turned the ball over 3 other times.

Alright, let’s fast forward to the following year, 2008. Romo played a win and in game against the Eagles. He threw 39 times for an astonishing 21 completions, barely over a 50% completion rate. He also turned the ball over 3 times and threw ZERO TD passes.

Another fine performance that Romosexuals like to ignore or have more excuses for.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Brought them back? Like that should be commended after he literally gave them 14 points and turned the ball over 3 other times.

Alright, let’s fast forward to the following year, 2008. Romo played a win and in game against the Eagles. He threw 39 times for an astonishing 21 completions, barely over a 50% completion rate. He also turned the ball over 3 times and threw ZERO TD passes.

Another fine performance that Romosexuals like to ignore or have more excuses for.
Wow, look at the troll cherry picking games. I bet if you tried you could find bad games from any QB. This is an amazing discovery for QB analysis.

blumayne38

Reaction score
This video shows how Romo would call a new play at the LOS to make JG bad scheme work. Against 2014 playoff game against Detroit, two plays were called based on coverage they saw all game. When Romo saw that the coverage was looked different he called a brand new play "Tennessee" at the line.

This shows you Romo made the coaches look much better than they were. People who thinks we can just bring in a new QB and all will be fine are kidding themselves. Unless JG and his scheme is gone, we need a QB that is as good or better than Romo. Good luck with that. Nothing will really change much until JG is gone.

Just need a QN that is consistent with his throwing and can attacking a defense downfield

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Romo was blindsided by the atrocious playbook that the genius 'offensive guru' drew .

or is it .. the 'real deal' now ?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
After then, 12 years in the league, isn't that supposed to happen?

Maverick84

Reaction score
These threads are really making me want something bad to happen to romo. Like jesus christ he was an above average qb that can't hold field goal snaps, was unlucky as hell, and won 2 playoff games in a decade. He wasn't that good give it a rest. He won't even make the HOF. Stop worrying about a guy that could barely make it to work on a consistent basis.
what a ******* thing to say man

wishing ill will on someone just because you're tired of threads about them on a message board about a game. that's the type of **** you hear at a daycare lol

hilarious sitting back watching you kids play

DFWJC

Reaction score
All it wouldve taken was the next to last play of the game being different.....he held up his end while throwing what should've been the game winner to Crayton.
The play after that was the last resort, no time or timeouts pick in the endzone. Very deceiving pick, stats wise. He only has one other pick in his playoff career vs 8 TDs.

Fwiw, even then, the 17 points Dallas scored was more the Pats could in the SB
The Giants D got rolling

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Chuckling at the fact that the two guys whining about having to talk about Romo have the most posts in the thread talking about Romo.

I hope they'll be ok...

raichledog

Reaction score
This video shows how Romo would call a new play at the LOS to make JG bad scheme work. Against 2014 playoff game against Detroit, two plays were called based on coverage they saw all game. When Romo saw that the coverage was looked different he called a brand new play "Tennessee" at the line.

This shows you Romo made the coaches look much better than they were. People who thinks we can just bring in a new QB and all will be fine are kidding themselves. Unless JG and his scheme is gone, we need a QB that is as good or better than Romo. Good luck with that. Nothing will really change much until JG is gone.

Gotta love the announcer, "best call all year!" It wasn't even the coach that called it LOL! Damn I miss Romo!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Ok, let’s talk about his 2007 MNF game against Buffalo. He tied a record, he was only the second QB ever to throw 5 INT’s on MNF, 2 of which were returned for fumbles. He even lost a fumble to add the icing on the cake. Very impressive!

I can only imagine the reaction if Dak did that in his second year.
He also won that game :)

raichledog

Reaction score
These threads are really making me want something bad to happen to romo. Like jesus christ he was an above average qb that can't hold field goal snaps, was unlucky as hell, and won 2 playoff games in a decade. He wasn't that good give it a rest. He won't even make the HOF. Stop worrying about a guy that could barely make it to work on a consistent basis.

What a dumb *** comment! Wow, you win the prize for biggest troll. Someone posts a video about a great play by a great player and you wish for "something bad to happen..." Go back under your rock.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I don't think he was that good so I didn't expect that from him. The romosexuals portray him as a god that was the best qb in the league. If he was that good he could have gotten us there more than he did is all im saying.
Hey, everyone has an opinion. Yours is that Romo isn't a good QB, mine is that your a terrible evaluator of talent.

Last edited:

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Whoever put together the video from the OP really knew what they were doing. Finding practice footage from 2008 of Romo telling Witten, "The defender's not seeing the ball, so if you just run out of it hard, no matter where you are, we're gonna be fine." Obviously, that also speaks to Romo's ability to adjust -- in mid-delivery -- to Witten either turning it in or out.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All it wouldve taken was the next to last play of the game being different.....he held up his end while throwing what should've been the game winner to Crayton.
The play after that was the last resort, no time or timeouts pick in the endzone. Very deceiving pick, stats wise. He only has one other pick in his playoff career vs 8 TDs.

Fwiw, even then, the 17 points Dallas scored was more the Pats could in the SB
The Giants D got rolling
I do not argue Crayton’s failure but that is another reason why I stress looking at what happens all four quarters of a game. There is always lots of emphasis on the Crayton miscue and practically none pointed out about other team mistakes that game. Not saying you are ignoring the fact but an ENTIRE unit of the team did not do its job to secure the win at a crucial moment of the game. And what do both Romo’s supporters and critics usually say about that glaringly large error?

Answer: crickets

Just another example of too much focused blame on one guy in a team.