Another sign we’re close?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Are you supportive of Jerry wearing all hats for our franchise or only defending him against criticism?

Surely your not Slobbering over Jerry being our GM?

Since you are solely into justifying oneself...and not answering relevant questions, I'm through with a non-stop attempt to not answer and redefine for personal stance. If you just want an argument...go ahead, and start one.

The success rates of both the Raiders and the Cowboys while having both a functional owner/GM is higher than similarly top traditional role owners. If you ignore that, then just keep the ignorant reference and return to not understanding...to yourself, or address the board instead.

Mannix

Reaction score
------SJ will not be different from his dad. if he was, we d see it by now.

FALSE....we have seen it. He is 100% cheaper than his dad....bottom of the barrel FA's EVERY year now.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Apparently you’re struggling separating the responsibilities and duties of owner and GM . Understandable since it’s often a conflict of interest for Jerry too.

Jerry’s revolutionary Contributions to the revenue streams generated for the Cowboys and the NFL are to be applauded if that interest you.

Personally for me #1 in Revenue is not gear I’m interested in purchasing or a banner to raise. And it’s bragging rights only seemed pertinent when accompanied with winning championships.

I’ve always been more aligned with Landry’s thought that adopting the America’s Team and popular publicity as a result would only place a target on our backs encouraging hatred and hostility towards our franchise.

If all one does is toss out labels not directly attached to comments and specific points...carry on with someone else. You ignore the relevance of Jerry as the GM and his role as owner.

No, Jerry is successful as such Purchased Cowboys in 1989, restored winning tradition … First owner to win three Super Bowls in first seven years of ownership … Cowboys made seven playoff appearances, six division titles and three in Super Bowl wins in first decade … Dallas has advanced to postseason 13 times under Jones … Cowboys posted 10-win seasons 12 times during era … Led franchise to 10 division crowns … Vision was driving influence for AT&T stadium … Provides NFL leadership in marketing, sponsorship, television, stadium management, labor negotiations

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If all one does is toss out labels not directly attached to comments and specific points...carry on with someone else. You ignore the relevance of Jerry as the GM and his role as owner.

No, Jerry is successful as such Purchased Cowboys in 1989, restored winning tradition … First owner to win three Super Bowls in first seven years of ownership … Cowboys made seven playoff appearances, six division titles and three in Super Bowl wins in first decade … Dallas has advanced to postseason 13 times under Jones … Cowboys posted 10-win seasons 12 times during era … Led franchise to 10 division crowns … Vision was driving influence for AT&T stadium … Provides NFL leadership in marketing, sponsorship, television, stadium management, labor negotiations
It’s like I thought. You’re Slobbering over Jerry as GM. lol

You go CCboy

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Since you are solely into justifying oneself...and not answering relevant questions, I'm through with a non-stop attempt to not answer and redefine for personal stance. If you just want an argument...go ahead, and start one.

The success rates of both the Raiders and the Cowboys while having both a functional owner/GM is higher than similarly top traditional role owners. If you ignore that, then just keep the ignorant reference and return to not understanding...to yourself, or address the board instead.
I’m Not obligated to answer your questions or stay within the frame of your argument. Buzzz off Jerryccboy

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get it. It provides them more hope. But we had similar Hope when Bill and Jimmy were here.

Garrett really deserves much more credit as well for influencing everyone. His Game Day flaws are just more visible but he’s the one who influenced promoting McClay and Stephens totally on board with Jason as well. They’ve cumulatively been a good influence with Jerry. But make no mistake Jerry is still in the Big Seat ready to take Credit.

You'd think if they had a semblance of rationality left a recent video of Jerry overruling Stephen and Garrett with McClay not even part of the conversation would convince them that yes, as the job titles state, Jerry runs this team.

But not these dream weavers.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Clearly. I’ll leave it to the “intellectuals” like yourself.

lol, the burn barrel buddies are out again...Jerry this, you that, and biased lovers...(chuckling to self):)

As to why indicators are relevant and moving on with OP topics and not just agenda:

The Dallas Cowboys have added quite a few pieces to their offensive arsenal. They have the chance to be really special this season on that side of the ball.

The Dallas Cowboys have managed to assemble decent offenses throughout Dak Prescott‘s three years in the league. Although decent is enough to make it into the playoffs, as Prescott and the Cowboys have shown across two of his three seasons, it might not be enough to accomplish the ultimate goal which is a Super Bowl victory.

While the mid-season addition of Amari Cooper did help last season, the Dallas Cowboys still wound up ranking in the bottom third when it came to total offensive production. The Cowboys brass must have been very aware of this issue, as they made quite a few acquisitions this past offseason, via free agency and the draft. If these transactions work out the way they hope, not only will they be a lot better than last season on this side of the ball, but they could be elite...

*(it's both a good and comprehensive type read)

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/05/24/dallas-cowboys-out-salary-cap-space/

:starspin:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
...the fact that commentators are now saying Stephen and Will McClay, and not Jerry, are running things.

Discuss....
Irrelevant.

If it came down to something Jerry Jones really wants, he has the final say.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Irrelevant.

If it came down to something Jerry Jones really wants, he has the final say.

So this is now implying that Stephen isn't responsible for the contract negotiations and that Will McClay doesn't direct the focus and quality in player evaluations for free agency and draft purposes...thanks for putting into focus the correct view.

As if ownership is ever trumped in final decision making...we all don't understand legitimized organizational authority.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
he fact that commentators are now saying Stephen and Will McClay, and not Jerry, are running things.
They better watch out. Jerry gets upset when other people get the credit.

The man couldn't even enjoy back-to-back Super Bowl wins without being petty.

CCBoy

Reaction score
They better watch out. Jerry gets upset when other people get the credit.

The man couldn't even enjoy back-to-back Super Bowl wins without being petty.

Touch upon the truth, at least a tad...that's not even a good sense of humor.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Touch upon the truth, at least a tad...that's not even a good sense of humor.

"I lost my tolerance for a lot of things," Jones recently told KTCK-AM 1310. "I probably should have had a little more tolerance with Jimmy Johnson. Seriously."

Jones made similar comments to ESPN in 2014, saying in part about his falling out with Johnson, "I should have exercised tolerance and patience. I did not."

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
"I lost my tolerance for a lot of things," Jones recently told KTCK-AM 1310. "I probably should have had a little more tolerance with Jimmy Johnson. Seriously."

Jones made similar comments to ESPN in 2014, saying in part about his falling out with Johnson, "I should have exercised tolerance and patience. I did not."
One caveat. His kid that he nurtured, getting credit. I think he would be good with that. They already have a succession plan down to when Spaulding takes over the team.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Age and wisdom...experiences often bring into view more of an understanding and appreciation of generally shared experiences.

I understand your sentiments although.

Myself, I feel that Jimmy Johnson tripped over his own ego, in the deal...but if Erik Williams and Mark Stepnowski hadn't been lost for the '94 season, and San Francisco didn't have a truly great offensive year...Dallas would have won the NFC Championship game and history/credits would have gone down differently than they have since.

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clearly. I’ll leave it to the “intellectuals” like yourself.

You should because when the topic is who is running the team and you respond with "oh, I guess that was a bad decision!" you clearly are in over your head.