Another team (Jaguars) fires it's GM

blueblood70

Reaction score
Gotta give credit for the 90's teams.
It's why so many of us are still here.

I get why people are angry and anxious nowadays though. It's been a minute just to get deep into the playoffs.
yes of course im frustrated but i watch the eagles fan sure pretty happy with ONE that took 60years and KC who took 50 years after their last one, they sure look happy..we are far from that kind of drought..

blueblood70

Reaction score
come on now that feels a whole lifetime ago that the cowboys did that. i know i enjoyed that time but since then what have the jones family done for this franchise besides making them billionares nothing.
they all count..cant erase them 3 sbs even in 30years is impressive given the old regime took 29-30 years for TWO..so they were all in row and not spread out they all are still quite a lot for any franchise..

lwehlers

Reaction score
yes of course im frustrated but i watch the eagles fan sure pretty happy with ONE that took 60years and KC who took 50 years after their last one, they sure look happy..we are far from that kind of drought..
at the rate the jones family have been running this team we might have to wait until one of his grandchildren take over before we see another superbowl.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Most of us are and they express it in their own ways.
Much love.

blueblood70

Reaction score
at the rate the jones family have been running this team we might have to wait until one of his grandchildren take over before we see another superbowl.
those team i mentioned did and ? there are many those are recent..get past it it happens..

lwehlers

Reaction score
those team i mentioned did and ? there are many those are recent..get past it it happens..
i get you but i just turned 50 this year so i hope i can see another superbowl before i am to old to worry about it.

cern

Reaction score
All GM's do is manage cap money. They don't evaluate talent, leaving that to scouts and coaches. And for the most part just hire the same old retreads for hc's. Jerry's problem is getting too involved and micro managing.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This just in. GMs have nothing to do with evaluating and acquiring talent.

We'll keep you posted as more info comes in.

RamziD

Reaction score
Nepotism has never ruined anything ever!

Ownership of the Cowboys will pass on to JJ’s son, as many family businesses do, but Stephen may choose to hire a GM when he’s in charge. Not saying he’s a great businessman, but even the bad owners probably understand the benefit of a GM.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
even the bad owners probably understand the benefit of a GM.

Unfortunately not Jerry. Even if Stephen hires a GM I genuinely question whether or not he'll go after the right guy (not a yes man) and get out of the way. I truly hope we get to find out though as I believe a real GM is the only thing that would cure what's ailed Dallas for decades. Don't be shocked if it's another non-football guy though.

cern

Reaction score
This just in. GMs have nothing to do with evaluating and acquiring talent.

We'll keep you posted as more info comes in.
They used to. Now they're just bean counters. It's like starting multiple threads every day. That doesn't mean you know anything about football, just that you have nothing else to do with your life. You won't win a pulitzer quoting other people.