Another team (Jaguars) fires it's GM

cern

Reaction score
Unfortunately not Jerry. Even if Stephen hires a GM I genuinely question whether or not he'll go after the right guy (not a yes man) and get out of the way. I truly hope we get to find out though as I believe a real GM is the only thing that would cure what's ailed Dallas for decades. Don't be shocked if it's another non-football guy though.
A few years ago, howie roseman was all the rage. But only fletcher cox and wentz have made the probowl. He went on a spending spree and bought a superbowl. Now the eagles are in disarray.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Update: GM's used to be involved in talent acquisition but now just manage the cap. No word yet on when this transition took place.

When I know more, you will.

:dance:......Knew all those years slaving away working night audit would pay off. Now I think I'm over qualified.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I guess some teams do hold their GM accountable for something... that is news to me. :huh:
[

i

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Dak Prescott might get $50M....these new GMs always make a splash....
That's a splash to a firing.
50 milly? Someone will have to have big, brass ones for that kind of filthy luchre.

quickccc

Reaction score
who will be Don Marone's interim replacement as HC, once black monday comes ..and he gets the axe ?

:rolleyes:

Mannix

Reaction score
The same Jaguars that were one quarter from a Super Bowl a few years ago fire their GM....meanwhile, our sucking has spanned FOUR decades!!!

Aven8

Reaction score
The GM has gotten plenty of talent throughout the years here. It was his choice of coaching that failed.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
To everyone whining about Jerry and acting like this is an indictment of the Cowboys, please recognize that you're saying, "Yes, let's be more like the Jaguars."

They've had, I think 5 GMs in 20 years, had a 5-year run without naming one, and have been unequivocally worse than the Cowboys since their inception.

So using the Jaguars as a model of what to do is about as dumb as it gets.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's 4 and counting but don't get too excited, that will have to get to #32 to get the DC GM. Fired by a dead owner.

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
Eh, I mean plenty franchises(Jets,Browns,Dolphins,Lions) have a revolving door at Management/coaching.

I don't think Jerry handpicking someone he likes to be titled GM would change the fortunes much here.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do think it's worth considering that 4 GMs have been fired within the season, think if this owner weren't his own GM, 1 of those 4 could have been the Cowboys?

The assumption many make is that another GM would be better than Booger. That only applies if you think he's the worst and he isn't.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eh, I mean plenty franchises(Jets,Browns,Dolphins,Lions) have a revolving door at Management/coaching.

I don't think Jerry handpicking someone he likes to be titled GM would change the fortunes much here.
Yep or that he'd not be hands on the GM.