Another year we get to watch from the sofa

Praxit

Reaction score
...yep, .. my fellow Cowboy Die-hards. This one even came sooner, didn't even get 8-8 yet. And Dallas population is already talking draft leverage. While many teams are playing for something, be it playoff, wildcard or just winning the division.

We're back in the saddle riding the sofa again. Wondering how long can this keep up? To be honest, Al Davis never really died, just reincarnated into someone else.

...signed, long time frustrated cowboy fan.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
...yep, .. my fellow Cowboy Die-hards. This one even came sooner, didn't even get 8-8 yet. And Dallas population is already talking draft leverage. While many teams are playing for something, be it playoff, wildcard or just winning the division.

We're back in the saddle riding the sofa again. Wondering how long can this keep up? To be honest, Al Davis never really died, just reincarnated into someone else.

After the last two decades you should be used to it. I don't watch anymore with the expectation of winning I only watch to be entertained, much better for the blood pressure

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes, the last few years we have experienced so much glory in the playoffs it's going to seem irregular being home for the Holidays!!!!!:omg:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

LOL, i hear ya..... .....time again to dust off those old VCR tapes on the SB Cowboys and rewatch for old times sake. Bring back some good memories rather than make some bad ones with this bunch. Some here may not even know what a VCR is. .. and have seen what a Cowboys championship team looks like only from replays on TV. Good times.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I would be watching from the sofa if the Cowboys played in the Super Bowl...

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Drafting Trevor Lawrence would be the best thing for this franchise. A breath of fresh air and legitimate hope. We don’t need a guy who will beat bad teams and fold vs good teams. Been there done that with Romo and Dak. Need an elite talent.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Dallas wasnt expected to be a contender this year havent really besides 07 and 14 but its just beyond sad now..

because of this sadness and my job my love for football is dying away tbh. Watched like 4 games last year. Watched 1 game this year. I might watch another one but doubt it.
i could already count dallas out as a contender next year again weeks ago tbh. 5 good seasons in 25 years is beyond sickening. Im beyond tired.

luckily im old enough to see the 90s dynasty. I'm 37 honestly cant picture a another chip for the boys in my lifetime.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
This is certainly the worst year of cowboys football on some time....

However the good news is we are terrible, not mediocre. I would much rather be total garbage and know we’re going to lose pretty much every game than just flirt with 8-8 all year....at least it makes it easy not to get your hopes up and we have a draft and players coming back from injury to look forward to

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We’ve had no-QB seasons before.....

2004 2010 2015

But Jerry has to be shocked at how bad the D has been...

how fast the OL declined from last season

Terrible

dckid

Reaction score

If you want we can start the oral history of the Jimmy Johnson era... Jerry is the sole reason this franchise is in shambles for the past 26 years.
The years since we won a divisional playoff game. Mind you I am not asking for a SB win.... I am asking that we make it to the championship game and have the privilege of trying to get to a SB.
This team is a joke. The years have dulled the passion of the fans & the media who questions Jerry's motives. No Cowboy Fan in their right mind can ever defend Jerry. He ran a back to back SB winning coach out of town. I would have been kissing Jimmy's ring everyday begging him to stay.
As I have said before Jerry does not give two ****'s about winning a SB. If any of you actually believes he does then you are more delusional than him. Look at Jerry's actions not his words.
Jerry wants Hoopla & drama. He want's public negotiations, it was that way with Emmit back in 1993 and it still the same with Zeke, Dak.
He want's to go draft a war daddy. He wants the shine. He doesn't come to the office everyday with a singular goal in mind.
He does not live, eat sleep the Cowboys winning the title. He has 3 rings in his ownership run, not many teams have more than him during that time frame. It's human that he is satisfied with that. Just like everything in life, its all about incentives.

dckid

Reaction score
This is certainly the worst year of cowboys football on some time....

However the good news is we are terrible, not mediocre. I would much rather be total garbage and know we’re going to lose pretty much every game than just flirt with 8-8 all year....at least it makes it easy not to get your hopes up and we have a draft and players coming back from injury to look forward to
This is Jerrys worst nightmare. He does not want to be terrible. He wants to be between 7-9 and 9-7. That is his dream.

Jipper

Reaction score
This is Jerrys worst nightmare. He does not want to be terrible. He wants to be between 7-9 and 9-7. That is his dream.

The guy is worth billions of dollars I’m sure he wants to win but when you are that rich very easy to focus on other things....

dckid

Reaction score
The guy is worth billions of dollars I’m sure he wants to win but when you are that rich very easy to focus on other things....
yeah so put the team for sale and let Jeff Bezos buy it for 7 or 8 billion.
Jerry is not like the Rooney, that organization has a vision they have a mission statement.
Jerry does not care about Super Bowls. The quicker us fans realize that, the better for our lives.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

My family has had three different couches since the last Cowboys Super Bowl. In fact, my hair has gone from dark to grey. My kids have all grown up, gone to college, and some are married and have kids of their own now. A lot has changed in the last quarter of a century. But seeing the Cowboys in a SB has been consistently distant.