Any Avalanche/NHL Fans? (cursing redacted)

texbumthelife

Reaction score
[four letter words removed version]

I grew up playing hockey, roller and ice. Yes, in Central Texas. I was a huge Wings fan back then. Just because they were always on TV so it was easy--like the Astros now (gag me sith a pitchfork)

I fell out of love with the sport for a while and fell in love with other things, like traveling. And it's traveling that brought me back to hockey. I went to Denver for the first time a few months ago. We've been to Durango and Colorado Springs, but never the big momma herself. So, I splurged. I got us good seats for a Stars vs. Avalanche game and God have mercy if that isn't the best money I've ever spent.

I told myself, whoever wins this game will be my team going forward. I wanted to get back into it and was looking for a crutch to stand on and there it was. So they battled for 3 periods. A war. A struggle. A valiant effort and in the end, the Avalanche came out on top. So, I dug in. I started looking up players and styles and histories and bleeding ice for the sake of Fandom.

The Avalanche have struggled since I was a fan and player before. They've been beat up and strung out and left for dead. They have some new blood though. They have a fuel injector of a young player in MacKinnon (Mac) who does everything at full speed and by God he'll make you understand the power of hockey in a single 30 second shift. They have the phenom Cale Makar coming on as the first player in NHL history to score in his debut, in a Stanley Cup playoff game, and what a goal!

So thank you Joe Sakic. I miss you Petr Foresberg. Go screw yourself Patrick Roy (sorry, a little part of me still bleeds red and white). I'm an Avalanche fan now and hockey is the best damn thing on TV. My wife loves it. I'm gonna start playing again as soon as I'm over my knee surgery, which I got just to play again by the way.

Anyway, I say all this because even though many of you are insufferable wind bags, like the person who deleted this originally, you're fun and intuitive and I like being here and shooting the "stuff".

So, who's your NHL team. Who you got? What positions did/do/would you play? Any questions I can answer for you about the game? Bring it on, hockey fans!