Any Chance Will Levis Falls? If so, Do You Take Him?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Just asking. Not sure what algorithm the simulator uses or if it changes or there's some sort of AI. And I'm not giving it much credence, but with everyone talking about Bijan being a must have player, if he's there, which I don't think he will be, what do we think about Will Levis, if he just happens to fall?

I know it's like 1 percent chance, but what if? Do you take him there? I think yes....You could still have a killer draft.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Under Dak's current contract, the soonest Dallas could move on to Levis would be 2026. They'll have to redo Dak's contract next year ($60 million cap hit), so that pushes it out further. By the time Levis could play they'd have to make a contract decision about him. This just isn't the year to go high on a QB because Dak is going to be here a while.

I'd love to see John Michael Schmitz on the board at 60, though. That seems unlikely, but it'd be a great pick.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Here's a more likely draft scenario. I might actually take Foskey over Adebawore. His name is definitely easier to say.

In any case, I disagree with Kiper that Adebawore is a first round pick. 2nd, for sure, though.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Under Dak's current contract, the soonest Dallas could move on to Levis would be 2026. They'll have to redo Dak's contract next year ($60 million cap hit), so that pushes it out further. By the time Levis could play they'd have to make a contract decision about him. This just isn't the year to go high on a QB because Dak is going to be here a while.

I'd love to see John Michael Schmitz on the board at 60, though. That seems unlikely, but it'd be a great pick.
For sure.

The thing is, people act like the board is so easy to read this year. And this year is one of the most difficult I can remember. There are definitely players who don't fit the protoype and kind of just strike me as good players though.
Players fall, and then there's the art of finding the so-called right kind of guys, with the right kind of skills.

My thinking is you could always draft him then trade him for picks. Or a player, even, since QBs carry such high value as far as NFL currency.

It's a delayed gratification approach, but you could get nice return that way, at least.

Anyway, if you ask me, Levis and Stroud are the best QBs in this class.

Last edited:

Verdammung

Reaction score
Sure it's possible he "falls". I wouldn't pick him though. Sidestepping any arguments about the talent level of the Cowboys QBs, QB's are insanely overvalued in the scheme of the NFL draft due to the desperation of teams looking for one. If you can afford not to draft a QB in the first round, then I promise you there's no way the QB is going to be the BPA.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Just asking. Not sure what algorithm the simulator uses or if it changes or there's some sort of AI. And I'm not giving it much credence, but with everyone talking about Bijan being a must have player, if he's there, which I don't think he will be, what do we think about Will Levis, if he just happens to fall?

I know it's like 1 percent chance, but what if? Do you take him there? I think yes....You could still have a killer draft.

I would be all over that

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Here's a more likely draft scenario. I might actually take Foskey over Adebawore. His name is definitely easier to say.

In any case, I disagree with Kiper that Adebawore is a first round pick. 2nd, for sure, though.

You won't have a chance to take ade at 58 so don't worry about it fam. :laugh:

ghst187

Reaction score
I wouldn’t touch him before UDFA…think he will be a bust.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
At worst Tampa would take him at 19. Levis reminds me of Wentz, hard pass. :laugh: :popcorn:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I absolutely hate Levis. He is literally a clone of Sam Darnold. You see Levis stand statue-still in the pocket and eat a blindside sack he never saw coming, you see him stare down his first read waiting for the guy to break open, and it's hard to think of anyone else. Everything is late and slow with him.

Like Darnold, his physical tools almost feel incidental. Who cares if you're 6'3" 220 with a rocket arm when you play this crappy?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

NO................we would waste half his rookie contract sitting on the bench behind Dak.

Regardless of what anybody thinks of Dak, the fact is that for how much money he is making he is the defacto starter no matter what as long as he is on the team.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score

I like your draft Pass.

Highly unlikely, but I would be very happy if things fell that way.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score

You are 100% correct Jake, but as late as I expect us to draft every year, what are the chances of a potentially very good QB falling to us again?

I would do this draft in a heartbeat. But there's also a reason I don't work for the NFL.

John813

Reaction score
I don't think he falls out of the top 12. While I think a team like the Lions would do well drafting skill positions with their first two first rounders I have to wonder if they should take a flier on a guy like Levis if he starts to slip as Goff played well last year but not sure if he's someone you want to truly make your long term QB.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

You didn't get your Kuntz?

McKDaddy

Reaction score

If Dak has another uninspiring season, you really think they won't consider it the end of the Dakodian era?