Any cowboys out there?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had 16 cows get out yesterday because my neighbor left his gate open......wasn't hard to round them up...but after I came in an showered, I thought....shoot thats 25 to 30k....I do it as a hobby and tax break. Any, real ranchers on this board? Just curious.

rags747

Reaction score
I had 16 cows get out yesterday because my neighbor left his gate open......wasn't hard to round them up...but after I came in an showered, I thought....shoot thats 25 to 30k....I do it as a hobby and tax break. Any, real ranchers on this board? Just curious.
Tax break on the property tax, right?

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I own 1/2 of 30 head but I don't tend them. My neighbor does. We split cost and I give him 60/40 because he puts in the time. My wife just likes to play with the babies.:(

When i come with meat, I just tell her "They had an awesome sale at the store".

:grin:

Not a rancher, just investment.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have a small herd of deer that have made my backyard their home. Once a week I have to shovel up all their poop but I don't consider myself a farmer.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I thought @waldoputty was your hobby?! :lmao:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have a small herd of deer that have made my backyard their home. Once a week I have to shovel up all their poop but I don't consider myself a farmer.
You should get all the neighborhood kids to come over and play marbles.