Any interest in user submitted articles?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I know CZ is a forum, but any interest in allowing articles submitted by users? We have some guys like @erod @xwalker @Galian Beast, who even though I don't always agree with them, they post a lot of content that could be expanded into full length articles, instead of merely posts.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We always support original content provided by the membership and would gladly accept the articles that are posted. However, if they're posting the info elsewhere on a blog of some kind, then the article should be posted according to CZ rules. That includes a short snippet of the article and the link to the site, similar to how the articles are posted in the Newsfeed Zone.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
We always support original content provided by the membership and would gladly accept the articles that are posted. However, if they're posting the info elsewhere on a blog of some kind, then the article should be posted according to CZ rules. That includes a short snippet of the article and the link to the site, similar to how the articles are posted in the Newsfeed Zone.

I think he meant something along the lines of a Blog Zone.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

What I meant was having a separate part of CZ that has articles and what not. There's a Xenforo addon called Xenzine and a few others that integrate with the forum software. http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenzine-articles.1979/

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All major forum software has blogging modules. What I have learned over the years is that users expecting forums on a forum site only care about reading content in the forums. We have several users who already post articles as threads which get read by a lot more users than forcing users to go check a seldom updated page to see if there are new articles posted.

The majority of our users read the Fan Zone and posting content there is the best way to get exposure for it.

Phoenix

Reaction score
All major forum software has blogging modules. What I have learned over the years is that users expecting forums on a forum site only care about reading content in the forums. We have several users who already post articles as threads which get read by a lot more users than forcing users to go check a seldom updated page to see if there are new articles posted.

The majority of our users read the Fan Zone and posting content there is the best way to get exposure for it.

Is that Jerry-speak for "no"? :)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that Jerry-speak for "no"? :)

No :) I'm just saying that people can already do this by posting them in the Fan Zone and they will get a lot more attention and response there than they would in a separate section that few people would regularly check.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No :) I'm just saying that people can already do this by posting them in the Fan Zone and they will get a lot more attention and response there than they would in a separate section that few people would regularly check.

Nice try but Not enough Lip Smacks and Uhs.