Any Land Cruiser fans?

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Just needing some guidance what to think about a 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser with High Mileage. I found a one owner with 262k miles in pretty awesome shape cosmetically and seems sound mechanically for 6k. The mileage is scaring me off a little but everything I see says they are more like a 500k mile tank that I shouldn't worry about the mileage. Does anyone have any thoughts?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just needing some guidance what to think about a 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser with High Mileage. I found a one owner with 262k miles in pretty awesome shape cosmetically and seems sound mechanically for 6k. The mileage is scaring me off a little but everything I see says they are more like a 500k mile tank that I shouldn't worry about the mileage. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Big fan.
Probably depends on the type of miles on that vehicle, but the older Land Cruisers (and Lexus LX 470s) run forever.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Like @DFWJC mentioned, it may depend on the type of miles and what it has been used for, but generally, they're pretty tough and built to last.
Any fans of the Toyota Land cruisers should check out Jonathon Ward and TLC4x4. They do full custom restoration and modifications on TLCs, particularly older ones. Amazing work, down to the smallest custom details, incredibly expensive, but great to drool over. If I ever win the lottery, I'm ordering a custom from him....lol. They also do custom work on old Broncos and some older vehicles through their Icon and Derelict divisions as well, but the TLCs and FJs are what he's really known for. Here's a link to his YouTube page, where they show short vids of their latest projects
https://www.youtube.com/user/ICON4x4Design/videos

Hardline

Reaction score
My 2002 Toyota Tacoma has 190.000 miles on it and still runs like the day I drove it off from the dealership
Gas. Oil changes and tires is all I basically gotta do to it.

I'm going to go buy a brand new Tacoma this week so I can pass down the one I have now to the kid.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Check Kelley's Blue Book to get an idea for what they sell for in the condition it is and the feature set.

While cars can easily go over 250k miles if they are well maintained. It's hard to know what the true state of a car is with that amount of miles on it.

Personally, 250k miles is a lot to be blindly (blind to the true state) buying a car with. Even taking great care of a car, at 250k miles. You are looking at something coming up in the near future and you need to include whatever that cost is going to be in the price.

Unless your intent it to have the car as a temporary car, but $6k is a lot for a temporary car.

One thing to remember about even the most reliable car models. They are only reliable if they are properly taken care of. It only takes a couple of thousand miles without an oil change to train wreck 240k miles of perfect maintenance.