Any players worth trading away?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well our top pick right now is 58 overall right? If taco gets us a third and randy Gregory keeps up his development I wouldn’t hate reading taco for a 3rd. He was actually my pet cat In that draft but imo it’s disconcerting that he needs to be motivated. What would be more exciting in life than rushing the QB?

Even Demarcus Lawrence sometimes scares me bc he only developed when it was money time and we can’t pay all these guys
Ok but why on earth would anyone trade a 3rd for Taco Charlton lol? If Fowler a top 3 pick in the draft netted them a 3rd and I believe a 5th.....why would Taco net a 3rd rounder? A 3rd rounder got you Golden Tate and Demariyus Thomas. Taco is not of that caliber.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
First off, genius, Zeke is not a "Hall of Famer" - he's had 2 1,000 yard seasons. My goodness...

Secondly, you didn't understand the original post, so I had to explain it to you - thus, making your first response to me irrelevant. What I posted is not difficult to understand - a single RB is not important to Dak's game, just like it isn't for other QBs in the league. Again, this is not a running league, elite RBs don't win you super bowls, it is great QBs and great defenses. Yet you folks are entertaining giving up a good CB?

Unreal. Glorifying mediocrity. The Cowboys way.
k

rags747

Reaction score
The way people talk on this site I think we should trade Dak for 3 first round picks. Who is with me on this?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Ok but why on earth would anyone trade a 3rd for Taco Charlton lol? If Fowler a top 3 pick in the draft netted them a 3rd and I believe a 5th.....why would Taco net a 3rd rounder? A 3rd rounder got you Golden Tate and Demariyus Thomas. Taco is not of that caliber.
I just find it boring haggling about the price tag. There’s value in taco charlton we don’t disagree there. That’s all. Maybe less than Fowler. Whatever. Around there.

Anyways what do you think about that guys graph in regards to zeke and dak? He’s saying dak player better with rod smith. What happened there was it that the play calling was more aggressive?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I just find it boring haggling about the price tag. There’s value in taco charlton we don’t disagree there. That’s all. Maybe less than Fowler. Whatever. Around there.

Anyways what do you think about that guys graph in regards to zeke and dak? He’s saying dak player better with rod smith. What happened there was it that the play calling was more aggressive?
IMO, Dak played better because our offense wasn't nearly as predictable with Zeke. This coaching staff needs to be smarter how they use Zeke.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good point about that. My theory on Deion is that he did a lot of baiting and then closed in for picks. It is a great tactic. Jones is more "I am going to stick on my man like Gorilla Glue" because I don't want anything bad to happen on my side.

Both approaches are good but I think the difference between the two is Jones is too afraid to do anything outside of what he is asked to do because he is still looking for a payday and he knows that any mistake that happens could mean that his future earnings could go down. Deion was going for the stats so he needed some balls to come his way.

I'd say one guy was that much better, and he knew it. And the other guy is just trying not to get embarrassed.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we still have jourdan Lewis! I think he deserves a change of scenery and an opportunity. Maybe get a TE project back in the deal.

New England Has tons of picks maybe they can use Beasley more than we can. Let Gallup grow next year.

You can probably get a 3rd for taco from a rebuilding team if you’re done with him. Sounds like they don’t like his smooth attitude.

Beasley is an unrestricted free agent, so we don't have him to trade. As for a TE project, we have those.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we still have jourdan Lewis! I think he deserves a change of scenery and an opportunity. Maybe get a TE project back in the deal.

New England Has tons of picks maybe they can use Beasley more than we can. Let Gallup grow next year.

You can probably get a 3rd for taco from a rebuilding team if you’re done with him. Sounds like they don’t like his smooth attitude.

Why do fans hate having depth?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Taco is worth more to us than any future pick

He is a big part of the rotation

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I like this idea... you trade older, more costly players and keep the younger cheaper assets.
Why trade the CB who ranked out #1 at his position every single week of the season?

I'd rather trade Lawrence, who would have a higher market value.

fansince68

Reaction score
Maybe. But the Cowboys could trade away Byron Jones, start Lewis and maybe not miss a beat and save about $13 million per year on the cap.

They could also use the pick from the Byron Jones trade to add a young CB. In the short run the team is probably slightly better paying Byron. In the longer term such a trade might be a better deal.
I doubt very seriously if Jordan Lewis can match Byron Jones.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I would trade Anthony Brown and Jeff Heath tomorrow but I doubt anyone would give up anything for them. Maybe Anthony Brown could net us a 6th or 7th.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

+1 point awarded in the exhibited effort,that which is far surpassing that of I & more than likely, a copious number greater than a double fistful of the fan base is willing to presently expend ,concercerning the subject matter:bow:

:starspin::welcome::starspin:

:thumbup::oldcouple::thumbup:

o_O

kskboys

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind the Cowboys trading Jones because he will ask for more money and Lewis I think could be a solid corner if he started again.

However, here is the argument over lack of picks. It is disappointing that he didn't get many picks as a safety, but as a corner, you don't want to have your name called that much over the PA system because that mean teams are testing you whether in coverage or in tackling. For teams to go to Awuzie (who is also good imo) side tells a lot about how Jones is on coverage. A great corner don't get many balls thrown on his side and a HOF corner not only don't get tested much, but creates turnovers.

Jones is a great corner and it has shown in the last few years that he is very good in coverage but don't expect any game changing plays from him. Cowboys will have to decide do they want a lockdown corner that will make sure the damage on his side is limited or a corner that will take risks to get turnovers but could hurt the team at any given time.
Great? Com'onnnnnnnnnnnnnn

817Gill

Reaction score
I’ve got an interesting take. I think Blake Jarwin’s stock is as high as it’ll ever be after the way he’s closed the season. I also feel like Shultz can grow into a comparable player.

Trade him for a 3rd/4th and draft a stud TE in the second where you’ll probably have your pick of the 2-5th best TE’s in a very deep draft class. Any one of those guys can play and has the chance to be a 1.

That extra draft pick will most likely turn into a contributor as well as McClay and company draft.