Any position you oppose in 2nd?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Is there any position that you would oppose us addressing in the second round?
QB, KIcker, punter long snapper, Corner back, RB, or LB..

we need Safety, TE, DL as priority's in this draft..

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You would take an RB over say a DT if all things graded out the same knowing he would be a back up? Seriously? He's not replacing Austin who BTW is a great return man and WR/Slot
1. Austin is a free agent. I'd like him back but they may have a certain price in mind for him if they want to retain his services and he may get more. Him coming back is not certain.
2. Of course I'd rather want the DT. My point was if the best player on your board is a running back take him. If the best player on your board is a DT then take him. If you have two players graded on the same level? You take the one that fills a need.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did you say 2nd round?

A “project” player with behavioral issues — at any position.
they wont do that this draft without a 1..they will treat 2 like a 1 and try to get cant miss player..

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
57 variables ahead of our pick so BPA becomes a realistic option.

Drafting a QB there seems unlikely.

If the front office thinks a Alvin Kamara-like RB is there at 58, take him.

WR? yes.
TE? absolutely
OL? if BPA, sure.
DL? yes
LB? if BPA, I guess. Would need to be a special player.
CB? yes
S? Please, please, please.

If my draft crush TJ Hockenson is available after let's say pick 30, I'm making some phone calls.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
1. Austin is a free agent. I'd like him back but they may have a certain price in mind for him if they want to retain his services and he may get more. Him coming back is not certain.
2. Of course I'd rather want the DT. My point was if the best player on your board is a running back take him. If the best player on your board is a DT then take him. If you have two players graded on the same level? You take the one that fills a need.
BPA in my opinion can not be an option when you don't have a 1st round pick. Period. We have too many needs at this point and RB I don't believe is even a consideration.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I'm just going to hope that when we are on the clock with our 2nd Rd. pick that there will be "great" value at the defensive tackle position. :flagwave:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
My guy tells me we're gong after ET the FA. Of course he's also been in and out of the Butterscotch Palace a few times and has had a few seizures since electroshock :laugh:

blueblood70

Reaction score
BPA in my opinion can not be an option when you don't have a 1st round pick. Period. We have too many needs at this point and RB I don't believe is even a consideration.
yes BPA you use your board and you have the best Safety Best DL and Best TE as players needed of those 3 you take the best of those 3 players..

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Upward facing dog.

Upward-Facing-Dog.jpg

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Ok so best player available for positions of need got it. I was reading BPA on board (overall) as in even a QB. My bad.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Since we already have a franchise QB I would say we can skip that position....... Haha haters come at me

if someone was REALLY good, and we knew it would fit our system better. which, i dont even know what system we run effectivly. would you still jump at a better qb? this is not a hater question as i like dak too, but an opinion.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So instead of getting premiere talent you'd rather reach for a position of need?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
if someone was REALLY good, and we knew it would fit our system better. which, i dont even know what system we run effectivly. would you still jump at a better qb? this is not a hater question as i like dak too, but an opinion.
How do you know that a second round rookie is going to be better than Dak? You could get Brady or you could get Russell. The draft isn't a given.

I'm not opposed to drafting a QB if that's your question but I just don't see any rookie QB coming in right now and being better than Dak. It's possible but highly unlikely. I would prefer to go with the proven guy and keep building pieces around him.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
So instead of getting premiere talent you'd rather reach for a position of need?
We have many "needs" I think you would agree. The example would be that I wouldn't take a QB, RB or say WR just because they are BPA. Reach to me means trading up which I'm not in favor of either. BPA of our position needs. Right?

Sydla

Reaction score
57 variables ahead of our pick so BPA becomes a realistic option.

Drafting a QB there seems unlikely.

If the front office thinks a Alvin Kamara-like RB is there at 58, take him.

WR? yes.
TE? absolutely
OL? if BPA, sure.
DL? yes
LB? if BPA, I guess. Would need to be a special player.
CB? yes
S? Please, please, please.

If my draft crush TJ Hockenson is available after let's say pick 30, I'm making some phone calls.

Hockenson looks like a player but I have to admit, trading up from 57 to the 30s costs you a 3rd and likely more and doing that for a TE?

My reaction is probably irrational but I think I'd have a problem with that.