Any reason to believe Dak era will surpass Romo era?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Stafford, Rivers and Winston are all prolific passers and there are many others that haven't won anything. People get too wrapped up into one position, it still comes down to building a complete team and making plays when you have to.
The only one in that bunch I’d want to build around is Rivers. He finally has a better team around him and we saw the results.

No, I want a Mahommes, Goff, Mayfield to build around. And the only place to find one of them is in the draft. I’d draft a QB every year until I found one.

Having an elite QB doesn’t guarantee championships but it makes it easier to remain a consistent contender as you churn rosters every year in Salary Cap era.

There’s a reason teams give up the ranch in drafts to land their next QB.

There’s two type of teams in the NFL. Ones with an elite QB and the others trying to find one or surround a lesser QB with elite surrounding support.

I miss our championship eras when we had an elite HOF caliber QB to build around. As I look to the Final 4 this year I see the type of QB’s I’d want.

Falco78

Reaction score
Assuming the coaching doesn’t get better is Dak enough to take us further than Romo did with this HC?

Is our 22nd ranked QB just a great coach away from becoming a top 10 QB?
Our offense very well is without the idiot HC we have. Parcells did this thing called adjustments which JG still is blind to. How he still has a job is amazing...

uvaballa

Reaction score
The only one in that bunch I’d want to build around is Rivers. He finally has a better team around him and we saw the results.

No, I want a Mahommes, Goff, Mayfield to build around. And the only place to find one of them is in the draft. I’d draft a QB every year until I found one.

Having an elite QB doesn’t guarantee championships but it makes it easier to remain a consistent contender as you churn rosters every year in Salary Cap era.

There’s two type of teams in the NFL. Ones with an elite QB and the others trying to find one or surround a lesser QB with elite surrounding support.

I miss our championship eras when we had an elite HOF caliber QB to build around. As I look to the Final 4 this year I see the type of QB’s I’d want.

You’re gonna be sad for the next few years. Cowboys had a very good passing QB and they didn’t win anything.

They need to focus on building a better overall team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You’re gonna be sad for the next few years. Cowboys had a very good passing QB and they didn’t win anything.

They need to focus on building a better overall team.
At least it was more entertaining to watch a prolific passing QB.

I’ve been sad for a generation. I don’t really expect it to change.

And they have built a better overall team less a prolific passing QB.

uvaballa

Reaction score
At least it was more entertaining to watch a prolific passing QB.

I’ve been sad for a generation. I don’t really expect it to change.

And they have built a better overall team less a prolific passing QB.
I could care less about losing more entertaining games. I’m a wins and losses guy. I prefer winning seasons over 8-8 seasons.

If we’re stuck with JG and Dak then they better keep drafting good players. Let the old guys like Lee and Beasley go and keep getting younger.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I could care less about losing more entertaining games. I’m a wins and losses guy. I prefer winning seasons over 8-8 seasons.

If we’re stuck with JG and Dak then they better keep drafting good players. Let the old guys like Lee and Beasley go and keep getting younger.
Yep .. and they will let them go.

Too bad we’re fixing to sign a long term contract to the worst franchise QB in Cowboys history. Going to need all the help he can get.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Assuming the coaching doesn’t get better is Dak enough to take us further than Romo did with this HC?

Is our 22nd ranked QB just a great coach away from becoming a top 10 QB?
Ummm so whered you pull 22nd ranked QB from? Your arse diehard? Dak P is ranked 17th in reg season, oh and guess who is ranked 2nd QBR in the post season... that's right good ole dink and dunk Dak Prescott....now due to the fact he won't be moving on I'm sure he will slip a notch or 2 but bleh

silvrNblue

Reaction score
He needs elite talent surrounding him. How would this roster do with an elite QB?
Oh good god, just some mod any mod move the Daks a bum stealth post disguised as , better then to the Daks a bum site. Yeah Die, NO QB needs elite players around them, I mean hell ole Rothisburger could be JUST as good or better without that premadonna AB, or Bress without Thomas... you people take the cake.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Ummm so whered you pull 22nd ranked QB from? Your arse diehard? Dak P is ranked 17th in reg season, oh and guess who is ranked 2nd QBR in the post season... that's right good ole dink and dunk Dak Prescott....now due to the fact he won't be moving on I'm sure he will slip a notch or 2 but bleh
That sample size is too small for you to act like that means something regarding playoff qbr. This is why google and folks using stats gets a bad name. Dak is just like that 17 in the regular season about avg.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

And last year the final 4 QBs were Bortles, Foles, Keenum and Brady. It still comes down to building a complete team and the team as a whole stepping up. Even in your own remarks about Rivers finally having a better team around him and they still didn't get any further than we did and looked just as bad if not worse. Rivers has had some very good teams around him in his career and they largely failed to meet expectations year after year. Goff didn't carry his team to a win, his defense and OL did, their game plan was to take it out of his hands and run the ball as much as possible. Luck is a great QB, but they lost because the KC front 4 stepped up and controlled the LOS. The Pats defense shutdown Rivers until the game was well out of hand. Even St. Nick, after the first 2 TDs the Saints defense clamped down, to give the offense an opportunity to get back in the game.

We didn't win those Championships because of Troy, we won them because we also had an all-time OL, RB, HOF WR, great defense and great coach.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
That sample size is too small for you to act like that means something regarding playoff qbr. This is why google and folks using stats gets a bad name. Dak is just like that 17 in the regular season about avg.
no DUH.. did you even read the LAST part of my post? Good lord you haters just can't be denied eh... 8 games played with what is supposedly THE best of THE best in qb's and our sad sack of crap limp arm comes up 2nd on the list... but hey sample to small, the stat taker is a blind moron right?

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
And last year the final 4 QBs were Bortles, Foles, Keenum and Brady. It still comes down to building a complete team and the team as a whole stepping up. Even in your own remarks about Rivers finally having a better team around him and they still didn't get any further than we did and looked just as bad if not worse. Rivers has had some very good teams around him in his career and they largely failed to meet expectations year after year. Goff didn't carry his team to a win, his defense and OL did, their game plan was to take it out of his hands and run the ball as much as possible. Luck is a great QB, but they lost because the KC front 4 stepped up and controlled the LOS. The Pats defense shutdown Rivers until the game was well out of hand. Even St. Nick, after the first 2 TDs the Saints defense clamped down, to give the offense an opportunity to get back in the game.

We didn't win those Championships because of Troy, we won them because we also had an all-time OL, RB, HOF WR, great defense and great coach.
Of course

Philmonroe

Reaction score
no DUH.. did you even read the LAST part of my post? Good lord you haters just can't be denied eh... 8 games played with what is supposedly THE best of THE best in qb's and our sad sack of crap limp arm comes up 2nd on the list... but hey sample to small, the stat taker is a blind moron right?
Get off Daks jock I said he's avg hell you want me to say he top 5? I only spoke on the playoff part being too small and the regular season being closer to who he is.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Get off Daks jock I said he's avg hell you want me to say he top 5? I only spoke on the playoff part being too small and the regular season being closer to who he is.
Aww, did I crimp a nerve? Average, ok if you say so coach, but go have a look at ALL those so called wonder boy 1st rounders who are sitting BELOW him....and who BTW haven't brought their teams to the post season at all... but you keep that Romo road stripe close to your nose their ya hear.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Aww, did I crimp a nerve? Average, ok if you say so coach, but go have a look at ALL those so called wonder boy 1st rounders who are sitting BELOW him....and who BTW haven't brought their teams to the post season at all... but you keep that Romo road stripe close to your nose their ya hear.
Yep you did crimp a nerve your own. He is avg. Can you show proof of any Romo post by me? You have to stop using logic you learned from a girl it doesn't work when you use it. Show the proof or stop lying.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

We also built great teams around Merideth, Morton and White but only Staubach came thru.

Last years Final 4 QB’s is not the norm.

QB is where you begin in building a championship caliber team. It’s why teams will go to such extremes to gain one and pay them. The ones without one don’t stay on top very long and probably why those last year didn’t come back whereas two of these this year have been there before and the other two more likely to return.

Without an elite QB the road is simply tougher in Cap era.